• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I find it interesting that, despite being 90% certain that Darknut_Hunter is mafia, Raindrop hasn't changed her vote from Violet. Violet who, so far, only has a vote from Raindrop.

This is a tough decision for me- Raindrop has been helpful so far, but that could change when things start to heat up. Darknut_Hunter, who I also believe is mafia, seems to be making some pretty obvious blunders.

I will take what you said to heart, Rainy, but...

Unvote: Darknut_Hunter

Vote: Raindrop14

I'm not sure how long I'll be able to trust you.

As Mido points out here...

Actually, Raindrop did switch her vote from Violet.

I did undo my vote.

Oh, derp. T_T

Unvote: Raindrop

Vote: Darknut_Hunter

It was in the message I was looking at too. And now I just feel all sorts of stupid.

Not to seem like I'm accusing my accuser, but you seem eager to find a reason to vote for me.

FoS: Furie

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Just an update on where we are on all the votes:

Serious Votes:
Darknut_Hunter: 3 votes
Raindrop14: 2 votes (including 1 RV)

RVs:
New Link: 2 votes
Heroine of Time: 1 vote
Keeseman: 2 votes
Timeless: 1 vote

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Okay Rainy, your clear. I think, based on a few recent posts, that you're just being catious.

Unvote: Raindrop14

Now I'd like to address Furie. The way you're switching your votes around is really strange. I've seen it before and it's usually the work of a mafia member trying to force a lynch on anyone they can. So for now...

FoS: Furie

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Not to seem like I'm accusing my accuser, but you seem eager to find a reason to vote for me.

Not particularly. I think about these games a lot at work- and certain parts get stuck in my head. In this mafia- it was your Darknut_Hunter with 90% chance of being Mafia. And I remembered only your first nonrandom vote, which was for Violet- not that you had changed your vote to Darknut. Without fully rereading your post (I skimmed it, starting with your suspicions list) I made the post myself.

Notice that, once it was pointed out to me, I set my vote back to my original one.

I went into a little detail about why I made the switch, too. I don't think Raindrop is mafia (or, my suspicion of her is less than my suspicion of Darknut), but the seeming lack of vote toward Darknut_Hunter was a real kicker. If both you and Darknut_Hunter were mafia, I'd rather get rid of you, first. You're too cunning, and I know you could very easily defend yourself. I think Darknut_Hunter (no offense) is a little bit easier to read and more likely to make a mistake.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
(I was going to post this earlier, but I had to leave. :silent:)

Simple slip ups lead to being lynched on day one, it's not your will, but the fact that you didn't play in a way that would appear townie. Thus, mafia lynches themself with minor mistakes such as this.

You show scum action, and thus we target you. As mentioned, some mafia members make slip ups. This is horrible reasoning for why your not scum, which makes me believe even more that your mafia.

This was a fairly poor cover up to a mistake, wheather it be mafia mistake or not. Which, if you are town or not, makes you seem very scummy.

Unvote: Violet

The vote was a random vote, so it doesn't surprise me that he'd take it off, now that random votes don't mean much to this point. And I agree with you, DH has slipped up. not necessarily being a mafia slip up, I'd say it's a %90 chance now that he's mafia.

And I'd like to share my suspicions on all of the people of this game:

Darknut_Hunter: Seems to have made a large slip up in his previous post, and wheather he be town or mafia I cannot tell. But from what I've seen I deem him as %90 mafia.
Dr3W21: Not seen much of him, could be mafia laying low. %50 chance for either.
Furie: I've seen lots of helpfulness for townies with him, but as he reasoned before with me, he could try to be doing that to avert our eyes elsewhere. ;) But as his tactics seem not to be useless, I'd say %80 town.
GirlWithAFairy: Not seen much of her, looks the same as a new player would act in a mafia game. So I can't say much. %50 chance of either.
Heroine of Time: She was one of my suspicions earlier, her doing the RV thing along with others. But I haven't seen enough to say much. %50 chance of either.
JuicieJ: He only posted at the beginning and hasn't said anything. So I'm leaning towards mafia laying low, because perhaps he and DH are both mafia, and he doesn't want to help lynch his mafia buddy. %65 mafia.
Keeseman: He's been giving sound evidence for his suspicions, but that could also mean that he's an active mafia member to appear town. I haven't seen enough of him to say much, so %50 chance for either.
Mido: I know he's a new player, so slip ups from him will have to be taken less seriously because new people, Townie or no, will seem like mafia almost all the time when they make a mistake. But I'd say %55 mafia.
New Link: Not seen much of him, except when he voted for me after I voted for him. This is very suspicious and I think he's a laying low mafia. So %70 mafia.
PokaLink: Haven't seen anything from him at all, could be not knowing what to do here, could be mafia not wanting to slip up after all this has happened. So I'd say %60 mafia.
Rachel: She said something about univpark's "laying low" and that was it. Could be she thinks there's nothing much to say, could be she's mafia "laying low" herself. I'd say %60 mafia.
RegalBryant: Say one post from him, with a vote due to senseless reasoning. I think he's %80 mafia, not knowing what to do in a situation like this.
TheMasterSword: His first and last post stated he'd lay back until some better posts came up, besides random votes which do nothing. And here we are, this is no random vote discussion. He hasn't come up, and thus I conclude he does not want to get into it, because he knows he'd have to say something, against his mafia bud. So, %80 mafia.
Timeless: He's been agreeing with people, but not saying much on the current matters at hand. Now he's made enough posts so as not to seem laying low, and from what he's said I can't say much. But I'd say %50 either.
univpark: She is very suspicious. Saying something about random votes at the beginning, and then she say she'll "lay low" until suspicious action happens. Well, here you go univpark. This whole matter is suspicious, and most of us are catching on to that. From what I see is she is in the same position as most people whom I think are mafia members here, she's not wanting to accuse a fellow mafia. Which leads me to believe that she herself is mafia. %80 mafia.
Violet: I've seen very suspicious things coming from her, first she wont RVS because it's silly. Then after it's explained, she does. Why? Well she doesn't want to seen not town is all. She "went with the flow" to appear town. %80 mafia.

And with that I'd say the mafia members are:

Violet
TheMasterSword
univpark
Darknut_Hunter
RegalBryant

Now as I've previously stated, I only know some first time players here, so I can't say wheather some people are making noob mistakes or not. But this is what I have to say on everything thus far.

Your statement was rather bold, to be quite frank. Assuming I'm mafia because I haven't posted yet? I play baseball, im in band, and I'm studying for finals, and if you think Im going to let this game take up my time so I don't get pegged as mafia then you're surely mistaken.
Darknut_Hunter has a high probability of mafia, his posts make the smallest gestures of him being mafia. Small gestures can build up to become large ones. Thus, Darknut is a Prime candidate to lynch.
One thing I find hilarious about this list is the amount of mafia that are in it. 10 possible mafia! That hardly ever happens, and I highly doubt that Axle would make such a large mafia for a beginners game. If I recall correctly, beginners games tend to have 3-4 mafia members. 10 just adds so many people to add suspicions on, and quite frankly it is a ridiculous amount to say. 1 Townie, and 5 possible town. Are you a mad man? You do realize your suspicions are showing that mafia most likely out numbers town ALREADY. This means the game would be over already. I highly suggest you broaden your list, because as of right now your list is quite improbable. Also, a majority of your assumptions are based off one sole action. This is ridiculous.
The only prime candidate I can see for a vote at this moment is Darknut_Hunter, as he hasn't convinced me he isn't scum.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I went into a little detail about why I made the switch, too. I don't think Raindrop is mafia (or, my suspicion of her is less than my suspicion of Darknut), but the seeming lack of vote toward Darknut_Hunter was a real kicker. If both you and Darknut_Hunter were mafia, I'd rather get rid of you, first. You're too cunning, and I know you could very easily defend yourself. I think Darknut_Hunter (no offense) is a little bit easier to read and more likely to make a mistake.

Clearly I'm not easy to read then. I've already affirmed what I am. The statement that you're basing this off of was something that I wanted to use to rally the town because, let's face it, we are across the board right now.

Well then here goes my views.

I believe in the RVS. I think it helps get a game started. However, a lynch is kinda necessary on the first day whether it's town or mafia. Lynches on the first day help show who could be what. Doing something and you may end up offing one of the town, but doing nothing will always off one of the town since the mafia will get a shot at NKing and more than likely they'll get someone that the doctor doesn't get. It's gamble, which is, in some respects, what mafia is all about. The mafia want to out bluff us to keep themselves under wraps, and you can be sure that some of the people bringing up strategies against RVing or for RVing are mafia. So in the end you gotta be able to read poker face over the internet. Analyze the text patterns and how they type.

So anyway, univark's comment on laying low is a little fishy, but overall I think it's just that she's new to the game, similar to a fair few other players. Rainy is smart so I'm not going to just assume she's not mafia, even if her reasoning is sound. But right now her input is viable and valuable and if she is mafia she'll slip up somewhere.

That's where I stand on all of this.

Obviously it was taken the wrong way which means that you'll be out of a town member soon which will inevitably lead to the town losing. I've seen this happen before and it's not good.

Your statement was rather bold, to be quite frank. Assuming I'm mafia because I haven't posted yet? I play baseball, im in band, and I'm studying for finals, and if you think Im going to let this game take up my time so I don't get pegged as mafia then you're surely mistaken.
Darknut_Hunter has a high probability of mafia, his posts make the smallest gestures of him being mafia. Small gestures can build up to become large ones. Thus, Darknut is a Prime candidate to lynch.
One thing I find hilarious about this list is the amount of mafia that are in it. 10 possible mafia! That hardly ever happens, and I highly doubt that Axle would make such a large mafia for a beginners game. If I recall correctly, beginners games tend to have 3-4 mafia members. 10 just adds so many people to add suspicions on, and quite frankly it is a ridiculous amount to say. 1 Townie, and 5 possible town. Are you a mad man? You do realize your suspicions are showing that mafia most likely out numbers town ALREADY. This means the game would be over already. I highly suggest you broaden your list, because as of right now your list is quite improbable. Also, a majority of your assumptions are based off one sole action. This is ridiculous.
The only prime candidate I can see for a vote at this moment is Darknut_Hunter, as he hasn't convinced me he isn't scum.

I could say the same about you. Your vote is based on a single statement. Not only that but you come in here and say that you'll vote for me cause I'm the prime canidate. That's practically the worst tell I've ever seen. You saw what happened in FMA Mafia right? You're pulling the same thing by trying to hammer vote so that there's no way I can live. That's a huge scum tell.

Vote: TheMasterSword

Whether I live or not, I will be a martyr and I will make sure that the other town members know who to try and hit in order to get rid of the mafia.

I'm sorry for not tallying, and thanks for sort of doing it for me. :P (Although please note, random or not, random votes are still totally real votes that count towards lynches.)

Day ends today, but late (probably around when I'm going to bed) so you've still got time.

(Vote Tally)
Darknut_Hunter: 4 (Raindrop14, Keeseman, Furie, TheMasterSword)
Keeseman: 2 (Violet, GirlWithAFairy)
Raindrop14: 1 (New Link)
Timeless: 1 (Heroine of Time)
New Link: 1 (RegalBryant)
TheMasterSword: 1 (Darknut_Hunter)

Yet To Vote: Dr3W21, JuicieJ, Mido, PokaLink, Rachel, Timeless, univpark

Sorry for double post, but edits aren't allowed, right?
Yup. You should prolly post "EBWODP" (Edit By Way Of Double Post) to indicate that it was a second post that auto-merged though. :)

I totally agree. I was just saying that while it probably is horseplay to get the game going, it's completely against the point to have some new players bandwagoning or something just because someone playfully accused another.
^ That my friend, is correctomundo. We don't want to accidentally lynch a townie out of sillyness. But that doesn't make silly voting bad, it just sets examples which may not be very helpful to the new players.
Thought I'd add... Day 1 is nearly always a townie lynch. You have to get pretty lucky (or be damn good) to lynch scum on the first day. Just pointing out that while I agree some honest effort is important, in all probably it won't go any better than silly voting, though it might leave you more prepared for Day 2 (or Night 1, for that matter).

I would like to add, however, that there is strategy in pressuring people with votes, and that tends to be one of the few effective Day 1 scumhunting techniques. It's (sort of, at least partially) what got me lynched Day 1 in Fullmetal Alchemist Mafia. I was scum.

However, a lynch is kinda necessary on the first day whether it's town or mafia. Lynches on the first day help show who could be what. Doing something and you may end up offing one of the town, but doing nothing will always off one of the town since the mafia will get a shot at NKing and more than likely they'll get someone that the doctor doesn't get.
Thought I would add that Day 1 is usually a decent time to vote No Lynch. Some people also think it's fine to do that on later days if, for some reason, no one dies Night 1, but in general Day 1 is the only good time for it and mostly you'd like to at least have the info from a death to go on.

Although, No Lynch isn't allowed this game. Just noting that for future games you guys play. ;)

Though your reasoning seems valid, only someone with the protection of the mafia at their back would make such a bold statement.
I'm gonna jump here and say, no not really. Many people are in favor of always lynching someone, so that the game will keep moving and won't get boring, and also so there's always info.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
No, but I want to leave the town with knowledge that'll be better off.

I know that based on the number of votes that I'm gonna be dead because it ends today. I can't convince anyone here that I'm town because everyone else here is adamant in their position. But if I leave my suspicions I can hope that the cop will act or that other town members will operate well enough to win this.

I have suspicions on TMS because his statement toward Rainy, while making sense in the beginning, becomes hypocritical when he votes for me.
I have suspicions on Furie because of the flip-flopping. It makes it look more like scum trying to vote just for the sake of voting
I have suspicions on univpark because she came in, saw everything, and left.

Those are my 3 big ones right now, and this will probably be my last post in this thread, so I want to leave something that will help the town. Like I said before, vote if you think that I'm mafia, but just know that I am right when I say you'll be loosing town. At this point, I don't expect to be trusted, but I expect the town to avenge me and I hope that they'll be able to use my suspicions to do so.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Clearly I'm not easy to read then. I've already affirmed what I am. The statement that you're basing this off of was something that I wanted to use to rally the town because, let's face it, we are across the board right now.

Obviously it was taken the wrong way which means that you'll be out of a town member soon which will inevitably lead to the town losing. I've seen this happen before and it's not good.

I could say the same about you. Your vote is based on a single statement. Not only that but you come in here and say that you'll vote for me cause I'm the prime canidate. That's practically the worst tell I've ever seen. You saw what happened in FMA Mafia right? You're pulling the same thing by trying to hammer vote so that there's no way I can live. That's a huge scum tell.

Whether I live or not, I will be a martyr and I will make sure that the other town members know who to try and hit in order to get rid of the mafia.
Are you a mad man? Voting for me is an obvious tell as your showing weakness and you are trying to defend yourself in such an obvious and pathetic way. I didn't give evidence because I felt rain gave enough, but since you feel like I based it off one sole statement then I'll give my evidence and my reasoning.
Okay....believe what you want. But you'll be losing a member of the town who was trying to help out. I'm only defending myself because I don't want town to lose.
You mention how we are losing a member of town, you mention the town quite a bit. Now this isn't quite suspicious, but it's the small things that build up to larger things/
I believe in the RVS. I think it helps get a game started. However, a lynch is kinda necessary on the first day whether it's town or mafia. Lynches on the first day help show who could be what. Doing something and you may end up offing one of the town, but doing nothing will always off one of the town since the mafia will get a shot at NKing and more than likely they'll get someone that the doctor doesn't get. It's gamble, which is, in some respects, what mafia is all about. The mafia want to out bluff us to keep themselves under wraps, and you can be sure that some of the people bringing up strategies against RVing or for RVing are mafia. So in the end you gotta be able to read poker face over the internet. Analyze the text patterns and how they type.
That statement made no sense and was contradicting. Some of the people bringing up strategies against RVing or for RVing are mafia. So basically, in essence, you said that everyone is mafia. Now just a play on words here, you can say, but why would you mention people going for RV are mafia, when you just recently said you believe in RV.
Not really. In fact it's probably a stupid statement to make. See, I knew that people would read into it this way. So if I was mafia, why risk being killed by the town on a lynch on day one? When you consider it, it doesn't make much sense because I'm risking my life. There's know way I'd be avenged because it takes more than one vote to kill so it would be pointless.

What we need is to target someone who is showing scummy actions that make sense. If you look at my post, it may seem scummy, but it really isn't because of how much it reveals, ergo, I can't possibly be scum because that would be a stupid move.
The bold statement is the statement that really got me suspicious. I mean, his vote was illogical and probably random, however you mentioned that why would you risk being killed on day one, when I saw no reason for you to believe you were to be lynched. You made good posts that were logical, and your previous post made complete sense. However you felt as if you needed to defend your self? Not to mention the statement regarding you being avenged. Why would you mention being avenged after your possible death. It all doesn't add up. Not to mention you try to take suspicion off by making a "town friendly" statement afterwards.

Why the hell would you mention how you have affirmed your role? This seems to be a desperate attempt at salvaging your life. However it just makes you more suspicious cause you keep insisting how you are town.

Losing one "town" member won't make us lose. The probability of losing a game based on one town death is unlikely. Furthermore, you mention AGAIN that you are a town member.

Not only that but you come in here and say that you'll vote for me cause I'm the prime canidate. That's practically the worst tell I've ever seen. You saw what happened in FMA Mafia right? You're pulling the same thing by trying to hammer vote so that there's no way I can live. That's a huge scum tell.

I'm trying to hammer vote? How in the world am I trying to hammer vote when there were only 3 votes on you. The hammer is considered the final vote for a majority lynch, so I am in no way hammering.
The bold statements remind me of an earlier statement you made about avenging. You bring back to same topics multiple times, and it's quite scummy. Not to mention it was quite a bold statement of yours to make. Also, if you were to die, it would be against the rules to do such a thing. You're saying that and wording it so it would seem as if you are beneficial to the town, when really I doubt you are. You have just raised my suspicions 2 fold.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Even before reading these newest post, I was going to say that it was highly suspect that, if Darknut was mafia, its extremely suspicious that no mafia were willing to defend their fellow. He may still be mafia, and they'd rather let him die than draw suspision to themselves, so I cannot be sure.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
What I don't understand here is this:

Darknut_Hunter said:
So, DH is saying that we should make a lynch no matter who it is, right? Because it will help the town in any case, right? But then, look at this:

Darknut_Hunter said:
So he says: don't lynch him, because he doesn't want town to lose. If he dies, town will be closer to losing.

Pretty hypocritical, right? If he really wants town to win, shouldn't he be somewhat okay with being lynched? Because, if you do get killed, but town wins in the end, even those who die win the game. Townie deaths are inevitable, but DH here is trying to avoid his own.

Now, I understand not wanting to die, of course, because that isn't any fun, I know. But he seems pretty adamant about staying on. Very suspicious, if you ask me. He has contradicted himself here.

EDWODP: Man, I totally failed on the BBcoding there... forgot the backslashes... Here's my post again, BBcoded correctly:

What I don't understand here is this:

Darknut_Hunter said:

So, DH is saying that we should make a lynch no matter who it is, right? Because it will help the town in any case, right? But then, look at this:

Darknut_Hunter said:

So he says: don't lynch him, because he doesn't want town to lose. If he dies, town will be closer to losing.

Pretty hypocritical, right? If he really wants town to win, shouldn't he be somewhat okay with being lynched? Because, if you do get killed, but town wins in the end, even those who die win the game. Townie deaths are inevitable, but DH here is trying to avoid his own.

Now, I understand not wanting to die, of course, because that isn't any fun, I know. But he seems pretty adamant about staying on. Very suspicious, if you ask me. He has contradicted himself here.

Last edited:

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
He is kind of going back and forth isn't he, Keeseman, almost like he's saying "Lynching is good, as long as it's not me getting lynched" like the rest of us are disposable or something.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Yes, and you're not voting for him. Why? It seems to be as if you keep defending him. Why would this be?

Let's look at this evidence, people:
GWAF said:
Im not sure if that classifys as a role claim, it was a pretty generic statement which could be covering up for his previous mistake....

At first, this seemed like an inquiry as to whether or not he actually role claimed. I was suspicious, but I let it go at first.

Then you said this:
GWAF said:
I think Im getting a bit confused with it because hes bantering back and forth with "if I was mafia" to "member of the town" so I wasnt sure if role claiming would be more specific of some sort. In the FMA mafia you have character names to role claim so I wasnt sure if it was similar here or what.... IDK I guess Im a little confused.

Ah, the classic Mafia cover-up technique: "I got confused". Noob claiming works very well; I missed this at first. But now it seems as if this may be more than just simple confusion.

Now we come to Exhibit C:
GWAF said:
He is kind of going back and forth isn't he, Keeseman, almost like he's saying "Lynching is good, as long as it's not me getting lynched" like the rest of us are disposable or something.

Notice this: even though she agrees with me that he should be lynched, she does not vote for him. Why is this?

I call scum. But we're not going for GWAF just yet. Anyway, if I die tonight, we know one of the Mafioso.

EBWODP: Sorry, if I die, make that 2 possible Mafia members, being both DH and GWAF, seeing that one is attempting to cover for the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom