• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the reasoning the Thareous and I are suspicious. Scum prefer to lurk in the shadow to prevent a slip. The more they say, the more likely it is they'll be uncovered. Thareous and I, however, have been two of the most active players this game.

MonkeyFightSquad said:
That would mean only one of them are scum. Unless they are doing it do throw us off track.

I feel as though you're jumping to conclusions. How does agreeing with someone's IGMEOY render another player scum?

Monkey's haphazard strategy is reckless and impulsive. While it's unknown whether he is mafia, his actions could potentially endanger the town.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I don't understand the reasoning the Thareous and I are suspicious. Scum prefer to lurk in the shadow to prevent a slip. The more they say, the more likely it is they'll be uncovered. Thareous and I, however, have been two of the most active players this game.

Knowing that as experienced players, of course you would post more- to throw us off. And who better to argue with other than another mafia member? Then, only one of you may arouse our suspicions, or neither. You wouldn't count on someone suspecting you both, as I do.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Knowing that as experienced players, of course you would post more- to throw us off. And who better to argue with other than another mafia member? Then, only one of you may arouse our suspicions, or neither. You wouldn't count on someone suspecting you both, as I do.

That, or we're trying to constitute a mutual understanding of each other's reasons for playing a certain way, or why posts were worded weirdly. That's not trying to throw people off; that's legitimate scumhunting--through asking questions to ascertain that one is not scum. To be honest, I regard two mafiosi who work together to cast suspicions off themselves a foolish strategy. Any perceptive player could catch on to that straight away. However, if they worked together to subtly project mistrust onto a feasible Townie victim, then that might be pulled off well. Targeting each other would get them virtually nowhere.

To stay current otherwise: As far back as I can recall, Monkey has always been pretty arbitrary with his posts, whether be he Mafia or Town. He's already voted someone I suspected earlier in the game, and jumped on others as if randomly, so I think there's a good chance that he's voting instinctively, on points that seem scummy to him. In which case I would deem him to be Town.

Kirino

Tatakae

Being active doesn't make you any less likely to be town. Again, mostly newbie, inexperienced Mafia lurk in the shadows. Experienced players, however, know how to prevent a slip, and are usually active, as to appear useful to the town, and to gain the town's trust by scumhunting.

As far back as I can recall, Monkey has always been pretty arbitrary with his posts, whether be he Mafia or Town. He's already voted someone I suspected earlier in the game, and jumped on others as if randomly, so I think there's a good chance that he's voting instinctively, on points that seem scummy to him. In which case I would deem him to be Town.

I doubt that's the case. He hasn't been voting randomly; he's been following the crowd. As soon as Garo says he's suspicious of me, MFS pops out of the shadows and votes for me. He then goes back to hiding. Then, ALIT's behavior is pointed out by some, and he goes and votes for ALIT. MFS is a newbie player. Hiding in the shadows, and following the crowd screams newbie mafia, which I believe MFS is, as he's acting very scummy. Besides, even if he isn't mafia, he's still inactive, and randomly voting, which can be dangerous to the town.

FoS: MonkeyFightSquad and TheMasterSword

I don't vote for players because a speedlynch is usually detrimental to the town. That said, I agree with a previous post of Garo's stating:

GaroXicon said:
I find your playstyle counterproductive and dangerous for the town, whether you are scum or not

Regardless of where he's aligned, Monkey's haphazard behavior is reckless.

FoS: MonkeyFightSquad

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
My suggested course of action would be to pressure either TheMasterSword or Dracomajora,
Which one would you prefer to go after, today?

So, I'm going to sit back and watch for a bit, see how this plays out, but...

Let's not. A few players have said that already, so I'm not just picking on you Furie, but sitting back and waiting 'for cracks' before voting is honestly not productive. Slips and cracks occur due to pressure, like in any system. Pressure leads to cracks. Not the other way around.

Also, why is no one voting for DracoMajora, even with Kyby's accusations aside?

Vote: Dracomajora

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I've noticed MonkeyFightSquad has edited his post. Not sure if he had permission to do that, but if I remember correctly, he jumped pretty eagerly onto my ALIT and Thareous suspicion train. I was on my mind all day.

Obviously, I can't be 100% sure of that now.

Vote: MonkeyFightSquad- I don't know what you're doing, but it seems bad.

Viral Maze said:
Also, why is no one voting for DracoMajora, even with Kyby's accusations aside?

I see no compelling reason to believe Draco is scum. Just because he was on Kybyrian's suspicion list does not make him mafia by default. If anything, TMS seems more suspicious than Draco mostly because his actions could prove potentially detrimental to the town.

IGMEOY: Viral Maze

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Current vote tally:

1 - A Link In Time (MonkeyFightSquad)
1 - Dracomajora (Viral Maze)
1 - MonkeyFightSquad (Furie)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes for a majority lynch. The day ends on 12/12/12 at 11:00PM ET

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I see no compelling reason to believe Draco is scum. Just because he was on Kybyrian's suspicion list does not make him mafia by default.
I meant even without Wyatt's suspicions, he is scummy. Solely going off Wyatt's list would be a mistake.

If anything, TMS seems more suspicious than Draco mostly because his actions could prove potentially detrimental to the town.
Vehemently defending a mafia player isn't detrimental to town? Okay.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I meant even without Wyatt's suspicions, he is scummy. Solely going off Wyatt's list would be a mistake.

Vehemently defending a mafia player isn't detrimental to town? Okay.

You seem pretty adamant that Dracomajora is a Mafia member... Do you care to share why you might think so? Simply going off Wyatt's list doesn't mean that everyone on it will be a successful hit if we decide to vote for them; to be fair, they could just as easily be Town. What about him to you makes Draco scum?

Kirino

Tatakae
Let's see... Almost everything yesterday and almost everything today.

Why do you guys think DM is town?

You still haven't given any legitimate reason to vote for me. Saying "everything" isn't a reason.

Also, you completely dodged the question. They never said they think i'm town, they just said they think i'm not scum, due to the lack of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom