• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
IGMEOY: Darknut_Hunter

Darknut_Hunter said:
Okay....believe what you want. But you'll be losing a member of the town who was trying to help out. I'm only defending myself because I don't want town to lose.

You just role claimed... No one should role claim this early in the game. Could be a noob mistake, but from the 'advice' you have been giving, this seems rather suspicious to be nooby...

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'm not sure he's noob either, since he's also playing the FMA thread, has been from the start, I think.

Even if he were, what would that matter? Everythinh he's said this last page has been very scummy.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
(I was going to post this earlier, but I had to leave. :silent:)

Not really. In fact it's probably a stupid statement to make. See, I knew that people would read into it this way. So if I was mafia, why risk being killed by the town on a lynch on day one? When you consider it, it doesn't make much sense because I'm risking my life. There's know way I'd be avenged because it takes more than one vote to kill so it would be pointless.

What we need is to target someone who is showing scummy actions that make sense. If you look at my post, it may seem scummy, but it really isn't because of how much it reveals, ergo, I can't possibly be scum because that would be a stupid move.

Simple slip ups lead to being lynched on day one, it's not your will, but the fact that you didn't play in a way that would appear townie. Thus, mafia lynches themself with minor mistakes such as this.

You show scum action, and thus we target you. As mentioned, some mafia members make slip ups. This is horrible reasoning for why your not scum, which makes me believe even more that your mafia.

This was a fairly poor cover up to a mistake, wheather it be mafia mistake or not. Which, if you are town or not, makes you seem very scummy.

Unvote: Violet
Vote: Darknut_Hunter

I think you've made a mistake, and you're desperately covering it up now.
I'm further convinced of this because you also unvoted- for no reason!

The vote was a random vote, so it doesn't surprise me that he'd take it off, now that random votes don't mean much to this point. And I agree with you, DH has slipped up. not necessarily being a mafia slip up, I'd say it's a %90 chance now that he's mafia.

And I'd like to share my suspicions on all of the people of this game:

Darknut_Hunter: Seems to have made a large slip up in his previous post, and wheather he be town or mafia I cannot tell. But from what I've seen I deem him as %90 mafia.
Dr3W21: Not seen much of him, could be mafia laying low. %50 chance for either.
Furie: I've seen lots of helpfulness for townies with him, but as he reasoned before with me, he could try to be doing that to avert our eyes elsewhere. ;) But as his tactics seem not to be useless, I'd say %80 town.
GirlWithAFairy: Not seen much of her, looks the same as a new player would act in a mafia game. So I can't say much. %50 chance of either.
Heroine of Time: She was one of my suspicions earlier, her doing the RV thing along with others. But I haven't seen enough to say much. %50 chance of either.
JuicieJ: He only posted at the beginning and hasn't said anything. So I'm leaning towards mafia laying low, because perhaps he and DH are both mafia, and he doesn't want to help lynch his mafia buddy. %65 mafia.
Keeseman: He's been giving sound evidence for his suspicions, but that could also mean that he's an active mafia member to appear town. I haven't seen enough of him to say much, so %50 chance for either.
Mido: I know he's a new player, so slip ups from him will have to be taken less seriously because new people, Townie or no, will seem like mafia almost all the time when they make a mistake. But I'd say %55 mafia.
New Link: Not seen much of him, except when he voted for me after I voted for him. This is very suspicious and I think he's a laying low mafia. So %70 mafia.
PokaLink: Haven't seen anything from him at all, could be not knowing what to do here, could be mafia not wanting to slip up after all this has happened. So I'd say %60 mafia.
Rachel: She said something about univpark's "laying low" and that was it. Could be she thinks there's nothing much to say, could be she's mafia "laying low" herself. I'd say %60 mafia.
RegalBryant: Say one post from him, with a vote due to senseless reasoning. I think he's %80 mafia, not knowing what to do in a situation like this.
TheMasterSword: His first and last post stated he'd lay back until some better posts came up, besides random votes which do nothing. And here we are, this is no random vote discussion. He hasn't come up, and thus I conclude he does not want to get into it, because he knows he'd have to say something, against his mafia bud. So, %80 mafia.
Timeless: He's been agreeing with people, but not saying much on the current matters at hand. Now he's made enough posts so as not to seem laying low, and from what he's said I can't say much. But I'd say %50 either.
univpark: She is very suspicious. Saying something about random votes at the beginning, and then she say she'll "lay low" until suspicious action happens. Well, here you go univpark. This whole matter is suspicious, and most of us are catching on to that. From what I see is she is in the same position as most people whom I think are mafia members here, she's not wanting to accuse a fellow mafia. Which leads me to believe that she herself is mafia. %80 mafia.
Violet: I've seen very suspicious things coming from her, first she wont RVS because it's silly. Then after it's explained, she does. Why? Well she doesn't want to seen not town is all. She "went with the flow" to appear town. %80 mafia.

And with that I'd say the mafia members are:

Violet
TheMasterSword
univpark
Darknut_Hunter
RegalBryant

Now as I've previously stated, I only know some first time players here, so I can't say wheather some people are making noob mistakes or not. But this is what I have to say on everything thus far.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
IGMEOY: Darknut_Hunter

You just role claimed... No one should role claim this early in the game. Could be a noob mistake, but from the 'advice' you have been giving, this seems rather suspicious to be nooby...

Im not sure if that classifys as a role claim, it was a pretty generic statement which could be covering up for his previous mistake....

Keeseman

Smash is Life
GirlWithAFairy said:
Im not sure if that classifys as a role claim, it was a pretty generic statement which could be covering up for his previous mistake....

No, he definitely role claimed. He told us that he is a "member of the town." He is being scummy.

IGMEOY: GirlWithAFairy
. Not sure if this is covering up for him or a genuine misinterpretation of what he wrote.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
And I'd like to share my suspicions on all of the people of this game:

Darknut_Hunter: Seems to have made a large slip up in his previous post, and wheather he be town or mafia I cannot tell. But from what I've seen I deem him as %90 mafia.
Furie: I've seen lots of helpfulness for townies with him, but as he reasoned before with me, he could try to be doing that to avert our eyes elsewhere. ;) But as his tactics seem not to be useless, I'd say %80 town.
GirlWithAFairy: Not seen much of her, looks the same as a new player would act in a mafia game. So I can't say much. %50 chance of either.
Heroine of Time: She was one of my suspicions earlier, her doing the RV thing along with others. But I haven't seen enough to say much. %50 chance of either.
JuicieJ: He only posted at the beginning and hasn't said anything. So I'm leaning towards mafia laying low, because perhaps he and DH are both mafia, and he doesn't want to help lynch his mafia buddy. %65 mafia.
Keeseman: He's been giving sound evidence for his suspicions, but that could also mean that he's an active mafia member to appear town. I haven't seen enough of him to say much, so %50 chance for either.
Mido: I know he's a new player, so slip ups from him will have to be taken less seriously because new people, Townie or no, will seem like mafia almost all the time when they make a mistake. But I'd say %55 mafia.
New Link: Not seen much of him, except when he voted for me after I voted for him. This is very suspicious and I think he's a laying low mafia. So %70 mafia.
PokaLink: Haven't seen anything from him at all, could be not knowing what to do here, could be mafia not wanting to slip up after all this has happened. So I'd say %60 mafia.
Rachel: She said something about univpark's "laying low" and that was it. Could be she thinks there's nothing much to say, could be she's mafia "laying low" herself. I'd say %60 mafia.
RegalBryant: Say one post from him, with a vote due to senseless reasoning. I think he's %80 mafia, not knowing what to do in a situation like this.
TheMasterSword: His first and last post stated he'd lay back until some better posts came up, besides random votes which do nothing. And here we are, this is no random vote discussion. He hasn't come up, and thus I conclude he does not want to get into it, because he knows he'd have to say something, against his mafia bud. So, %80 mafia.
Timeless: He's been agreeing with people, but not saying much on the current matters at hand. Now he's made enough posts so as not to seem laying low, and from what he's said I can't say much. But I'd say %50 either.
univpark: She is very suspicious. Saying something about random votes at the beginning, and then she say she'll "lay low" until suspicious action happens. Well, here you go univpark. This whole matter is suspicious, and most of us are catching on to that. From what I see is she is in the same position as most people whom I think are mafia members here, she's not wanting to accuse a fellow mafia. Which leads me to believe that she herself is mafia. %80 mafia.
Violet: I've seen very suspicious things coming from her, first she wont RVS because it's silly. Then after it's explained, she does. Why? Well she doesn't want to seen not town is all. She "went with the flow" to appear town. %80 mafia.

And with that I'd say the mafia members are:

Violet
TheMasterSword
univpark
Darknut_Hunter
RegalBryant

Now as I've previously stated, I only know some first time players here, so I can't say wheather some people are making noob mistakes or not. But this is what I have to say on everything thus far.

Your list is sound, I'll give you that but I'd like to highlight a few on it myself.

Rainy, tactics that seem to not be useless are not always town friendly. I'd like to sight Xcution Mafia where David and Zenox controlled the town by playing us against each other in this fashion.

Actually I noted that this was rather suspicious myself. A single post half a week after the game started is indeed very strange. While it could be beginners mistakes, I think it has some good potential to be scum there.

Not as suspicious as univpark but still up there. I have to say, it completely slipped past me earlier, but now that it's being brought up again, and now that I've gone to look at the post, I've given it some more thought. Following the town for the sake of saving face is a classic beginners mistake.

Now this is all I have off of your stuff that would actually make sense as being mafia. However there are somethings that I have noticed that seem to be a bit strange. In this game we have 17 people. You listed all 16 players besides yourself in order to analyze them. Out of these 16 listed, a majority are given over 50% scum. In fact, there are 5 other players that don't have a red percentage on your list. Of these 5 others, only one has green, and this one that is green is listed as 80% Town by your standards. 80% is rather high for so early in the game. I'd like to know how you are so sure that Furie isn't mafia, because your reasoning is rather sparse. Let me sight some examples of others you've listed as possible scum.

Yes, Mido is new to mafia, but I have yet to see a mistake come from his posts. Yet you make a statement about mistakes and list him as 55%. There is absolutely no found reasoning behind this that could lead you to this.

Another couple of people you mention bother me.

Both JJ and Drew have only posted once so far in this game, but you label Drew as 50-50 and JJ as 65% scum. That makes no sense because neither have made distinctly contributory posts or posts that could lead you in one direction or the other.

Actually GWAF has been playing a fair bit more than others but you say you haven't seen her much before labeling her 50-50. That makes no sense.

Overall I think that your tactic is to label the people who are mafia as 50-50 or better and the town as scummier than that in order to get us to lynch each other which would make things easier for you. Considering that there are about 5 players at 50-50 and one higher, plus yourself, not all of them would be mafia, which would let you make this to cover up for yourself. So 2 are probably in there to make it seem less suspicious.

Now that I've analyzed all of this here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to cast a vote for you, but I'd like to see some sort of explanation answering my questioning.

Vote: Raindrop14

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'd like to know how you are so sure that Furie isn't mafia, because your reasoning is rather sparse.

Based off of partial gut feeling and the way he's been playing. I do take into account though (now that you've mentioned it) that he could be playing the way David and Zenox have played. But from what I've seen, (unless you are proven town) he seems to be helping the town.

Yes, Mido is new to mafia, but I have yet to see a mistake come from his posts. Yet you make a statement about mistakes and list him as 55%. There is absolutely no found reasoning behind this that could lead you to this.

Based on how things are going, I might as well unvote.

Unvote
Yeah, my mistake, just didn't see the point in keeping the vote up while new suspicions were coming in.
We just have to wait for more votes. I can see where TheMasterSword's getting off at, but the RVS is the main thing getting the game rolling at the moment.
I think your conclusions make sense, but I won't jump to conclusions just yet. It depends on what Violet's input on the matter may be. I'll wait to hear more before I decide on anything.
Well, it appears some Youtube videos have populated the place. RVS begin!

Vote: Darknut-Hunter-

This seemed scummy to me, but it also seemed noob mistake. I have no clue who here is a new player or not, aside myself. So it could be he's mafia and new, or vice versa. I know there's probably somewhere in my post (don't know where :|) where I laid a larger percentage on someone who seems in the same position as Mido, but I also go with my gut in these mafia games. And that's where the percentage leans a bit to either side of the bar.

Both JJ and Drew have only posted once so far in this game, but you label Drew as 50-50 and JJ as 65% scum. That makes no sense because neither have made distinctly contributory posts or posts that could lead you in one direction or the other.

I'm in the same position as TheMasterSword.
RVS'ing may be a decent tactic, but it's not really my thing and I don't really see much purpose to it.
It does sort-of get the game going, however, so I guess you can RVS on if that's your thing. :P
Picturing this music to the situation.

From what I see, JJ made less contribution than Drew, and also more suspicious activity. Drew said something concerning the game at least. JJ made nothing related, and has not said a word since. Thus I assume mafia laying low. Also, as a note on the 50-50s, those are there for "unsure". I haven't come to much of a conclusion yet with them.

Actually GWAF has been playing a fair bit more than others but you say you haven't seen her much before labeling her 50-50. That makes no sense.

Not seen much of her. My full meaning (forgive me for not bringing it out ealier, I was on a time limit to get this out) not seen any suspicious activity. As you see here...

This is why the people that know what they are doing are here to help. Noobs cant learn how to play without people pointing things out and showing them the ropes. I just got dropped into Mafia and winged it.
Im guessing the "suspicious" accusations were ment in playful jest to get the ball rolling. But thats JMO.
We missed the concert???? NOOOOOO!!!!! Justin, I missed you!

Well I suppose well kick this off with the RV...
Vote:Keeseman

There is nothing to contribute to the game. Now this is a fairly scummy tactic, but for most people I wait a while, to see if they'll do anything. Day two is when everything falls into it's real place, and my head can be more clear as to whom might be whom. Now as I said, I go with my gut as well. And my gut says "wait for a slip up, and if none appear, declare by your own means".

Overall I think that your tactic is to label the people who are mafia as 50-50 or better and the town as scummier than that in order to get us to lynch each other which would make things easier for you. Considering that there are about 5 players at 50-50 and one higher, plus yourself, not all of them would be mafia, which would let you make this to cover up for yourself. So 2 are probably in there to make it seem less suspicious.

To be clear here (if you will not misinterperate what I say) that was entirely subconcious. Tell the truth I had no idea the numbers came out that way. I'd have never noticed that DH, but it's good to have all eyes. ;) Therefore, I give thee a trophy...

<U>
..A

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
No, he definitely role claimed. He told us that he is a "member of the town." He is being scummy.

. Not sure if this is covering up for him or a genuine misinterpretation of what he wrote.

I think Im getting a bit confused with it because hes bantering back and forth with "if I was mafia" to "member of the town" so I wasnt sure if role claiming would be more specific of some sort. In the FMA mafia you have character names to role claim so I wasnt sure if it was similar here or what.... IDK I guess Im a little confused.

Not speaking suspicions here or anything, but typically this is never a good tactic, Mido. It's kinda pointless. In fact, it could arouse suspicion that you are a Mafia, considering that, as some people are getting IGMEOY'd now for RVing, you are trying to avoid arousing suspicion, making you suspicious anyway. But I digress.

Not saying anything, except to avoid doing this again in the future, as it is never a good tactic, being that doing this is pointless.

IGMEOY: Keeseman

I've noticed you're being kinda suspicious, as you're swaying your votes a lot, and are pointing out a whole lot of people. Also that top post is scummy, because you're telling him to keep his vote, so you're that much closer to lynching a townie.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
At this point, I'm really not sure what to think, since everyone's accusing each other and suspicions are shifting faster than I can really form my own opinion on them – but I'm leaning towards Keeseman, Mido, or Timeless as Mafia members.

All of them have been posting enough (or making long enough posts) that they seem like helpful Townies, but nothing they've done has really contributed anything major. They've been accusing people or going with the crowd, but nothing they've said has flat out antagonized anyone; all of their accusations have been rather like "Well, you COULD be a Mafia member... just saying..." or something simple as in "Yes, I agree with you." That sounds like the perfect "laying low" strategy for a Mafia member.

Especially you, Timeless. These four quotes are the first sentences you've said in some of your posts:

I totally agree.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Which is exactly the point I was trying to make.

I get that, but this is also beginners mafia, so some of the newer players may not understand that it's a joke.

You're constantly agreeing with everyone and avoiding making enemies. Maybe you are just a Townie trying to play it safe, but I thought that was interesting to point out. You've stayed away from almost all suspicion. I actually was only listing Keeseman and Mido at first, but then I started noticing that your posts are like this.

Another possible Mafia duo is Furie and Raindrop14, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet, especially since I only have one piece of solid evidence and at the beginning you were voting for each other. I just find it odd that out of that huge list you showed, Raindrop, Furie was the only one that you were mostly sure was a Townie. On the other hand, you seem like a pretty experienced Mafia player (at least to me), so I doubt you'd make such a blatant mistake like that. But who knows? Maybe it was a slip-up...

Moonstone

I find it interesting that, despite being 90% certain that Darknut_Hunter is mafia, Raindrop hasn't changed her vote from Violet. Violet who, so far, only has a vote from Raindrop.

This is a tough decision for me- Raindrop has been helpful so far, but that could change when things start to heat up. Darknut_Hunter, who I also believe is mafia, seems to be making some pretty obvious blunders.

I will take what you said to heart, Rainy, but...

Unvote: Darknut_Hunter

Vote: Raindrop14

I'm not sure how long I'll be able to trust you.

Mido

Version 1
(I was going to post this earlier, but I had to leave. :silent:)

Simple slip ups lead to being lynched on day one, it's not your will, but the fact that you didn't play in a way that would appear townie. Thus, mafia lynches themself with minor mistakes such as this.

You show scum action, and thus we target you. As mentioned, some mafia members make slip ups. This is horrible reasoning for why your not scum, which makes me believe even more that your mafia.

This was a fairly poor cover up to a mistake, wheather it be mafia mistake or not. Which, if you are town or not, makes you seem very scummy.

Unvote: Violet

Actually, Raindrop did switch her vote from Violet.

Moonstone

Oh, derp. T_T

Unvote: Raindrop

It was in the message I was looking at too. And now I just feel all sorts of stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom