• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Language(s) Do You Know?

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Well, I know English, of course. :P
I've been trying to teach myself Japanese, and I only know a few words.
I know like 7 words in Spanish.
I'll hopefully be able to learn German. I know only a few words.
And I'll be taking French next year. :P

Last edited:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
My first language was Spanish, but I've long forgotten it since I quit speaking it around age 4. I'm trying very hard to pick it up again, though, because I want to be able to understand my family. When I met them a long while ago, I couldn't understand a thing, and since I'm set to inherit a ranch in Spain, it'd be good for me to learn.

I also speak Japanese, but not fluently. I'm pretty good at it, but anybody who speaks knows that learning to actually write it is incredibly hard. I picked it up back around 1992 when a friend asked me to join a Japanese Ragnarok Online server.

I used to speak Hmoob (Hmong) back in grade school, because a lot of the Asians in CA are Hmoob and Mien. I stopped some years ago, though, because after a while I really didn't have the patience for it anymore. I can still understand a little bit, though.

And now I'm picking up on Korean, mainly because a lot of the MMOs out there are Korean, and I like to BETA test.

And, lastly, I'm learning Italian, because my fiance is Italian and we'd like to go to Italy one day and maybe even live there (if not Spain).

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
i also learned from my grandpa how to say "i love you" and "i love beer" in danish, which is the best language ever.

Denmark. Danish. Danes. There is so much you could say about this topic! Did you know that it takes a danish child more time to learn how to speak than children growing up learning other languages? Reason could be this (quote from my grandfather): "Danish is not a language but a sound!"

Still I love Denmark, danes and danish! Awesomeness ;)

(And I agree, it´s the best language ever!)

linkman8

True and Noble
Denmark. Danish. Danes. There is so much you could say about this topic! Did you know that it takes a danish child more time to learn how to speak than children growing up learning other languages? Reason could be this (quote from my grandfather): "Danish is not a language but a sound!"

Still I love Denmark, danes and danish! Awesomeness ;)

(And I agree, it´s the best language ever!)
lol, quite interesting. I'll have to learn Danish some day, considering that I'm part Danish.

As an update of sorts, I'd like to say that since I last posted, I've learned more and more regarding how to write Japanese. I'm really good at Katakana, OK at kanji, and poor at hiragana.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
My frist language is English, but I do know a bit of French. I should know a LOT more given I took it throught school, but it just wouldn't stick for some reason. I know enough to get by if I were ever in a Frech-only speaking area of the world, but I'm afraid I would be butchering tenses and the finer details like the masculin / feminine-ization of items.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Let's see the Languages i know....

Well all i know are English and Filipino. Filipino is the language of the Philippines so don't get it confused with other countries. I plan to learn some Japanese but that will be in the near future.

Other languages i plan to learn is French. It is the Language of Love which may help me impress a girl.:lol:

The language of the Philippines is very Vast. We have over 70 dialects in my country but we basically speak Filipino and English. I also see a LOT of Americans, Europeans, Japanese, Chinese etc. in some parts of the Philippines so for me they're normal.

Here's me saying Filipino words(don't worry there's a translation)

Mabuhay ang laro ng Zelda!
Translation: Long live Zelda games! :cool:

Magkita tayo sa SB.
Translation: See you aound the SB.

E

emy

I know English, and only English. D:

I definitely plan on learning Spanish, though. I live in Southern California (USA) so it's a pretty important thing to know.

I can speak a few languages:

I can fluently speak my first language, Which is obviously English. Only rarely used words in english can confuse me.

I can speak quite a lot of Spanish and French and a couple words of my Nations native language, Being Manx, But unfortunatly this is classed as a official dead language as the last mother tongue alive died recently.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I know English, Spanish, French and a bit of Japanese.
Lets starts by saying that Spanish is my first language, after all, I am Hispanic. Heehee. <3

C

Crimson Prince

This is quite an interesting thread.

First language is Spanish for me. I was born in Mexico. I can still speak, read and even write in Spanish, the problem is the accents that are written, I never quite learned them. Second language is English, I've been here for about 10 years now, if I recall correctly. I can read, write and speak English well enough, I believe.

I hope to learn Japanese some day. ;_; I can only say a few words in Japanese. And I think that's it for me.

Cyrus Skyray

Gwladgarwr Tra Mad
I can speak English and Welsh fluently (although not as fluently as I'd like).

I also intend to learn Japanese, a desire that has arisen after watching all those animes (if I could find the time and will to do so).

D

Deku Scrub

Yo puedo hablo el español y el ingles, pero mi primero es el ingles.

So yeah, I speak English, but I'm pretty fluent in Spanish as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Well, I can speak, English(being my first language! :P), french and a bit of Spanish and Italian.
I can write in French ,English and Spanish, but am still only a learner in italian, Yay me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom