• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want for Christmas? What Are You Getting for Others?

I don't really like gift giving holidays, for a couple of reasons.

Mainly, while I do enjoy giving gifts and being kind to people, I don't like days that basically force me to give gifts through obligation. Secondly, I prefer to use my own money that I earned to buy things.

I guess all I really want is to get to work, make money, have my own place to live and finally get to be with my life partner. I struggle a lot without her and all I want is to be able to help support her and to have a nice life together.

Claire

The Geekette
I want money so I can afford to take 12 credits over the summer. It's really all I want, to know I can take those summer classes.

I'm going to make things for my parents and sisters. I drew my boyfriend's name for his family's Christmas gift giving, which is ridiculously lucky for me since I have no idea what his brothers would have wanted. Anyway! I'm thinking of making Christmas spiders for my sisters with beads. I'm working on the idea for my dad.. he's keen on anything that involves beer and hunting. I plan on making my mom some sprocket pillows since she is always complaining about her pillows aren't comfy and there aren't any when she wants them (the dogs are pillow hogs). I'll probably just make treats or something for the dogs too.

Well I got this for my family:

Mom- expensive perfume.

Dad- a new computer with a PC game

Sister- new clothes and cash

Niece- MLP toys and Hello Kitty bed set

Fiancé- Black Ops 2, a new iPod, and new bed clothing

Me- laptop, a new phone, and DVD's

Damn I've been generous

bunny

birb overlord
Well, I already know what I'm getting for Christmas. My parents basically told me, but yeah, here's what I asked for:

-A Naruto costume so I can cosplay Naruko at ComicCon next year

-A blonde wig (for the same costume)

-Naruto 61

-The first light novel of Sword Art Online

-A wolf plushie

-A Naruto bag

I really didn't like asking for this much, but my parents made me. ._. They even told me that they're getting more than this 'cause "it wasn't enough." I still feel bad, knowing that my parents are so close to paying off their debt and all...

I haven't done a lot of Christmas shopping yet, but this is what I plan on getting my family:

My dad - Season 1 of Warehouse 13, bullethole stickers for his truck

My mom - A banana holder... It's what she asked for... ._.

My sister - I'm making her a Kirito plush :)

My brother - A popcorn tin (he is super hard to buy for; I get him this every year because I know he'll like it)

I want:
A Purple 3DS
A new sketch book
Video Games
and maaaybe an art tablet

and for giving:
mom: Zuma's Revenge, Zuma is her favorite computer game, and ever since I saw the newer one in the store, I've been thinking about getting it for her

dad: a shaker shelf I made in Wood class (honestly I have no idea what to get him..)
sister: ...something one direction related....

friends:
sarah: beatles LEGO's
Emily s: Rock Pikmin Plush (I'm making this, when she was younger, her dad got her plushies off all the colors, so I'd thought I'd get her the new one)
...those are the only ones I know for sure, my other close friends I'll figure out later, but all the other friends I have I'll get them cookies or something...

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Gonna be getting that love dove of mine a giant box full of kimchi flavored rice crackers, provided I can figure out how to transport them across several states. Not even kidding.

izi

Not A Wizard
WELL.

What I really want for Christmas is a new copy of OoT 3D - mine got scratched bad right where the opening-vent-thingy on the vent is (3 year old playing with tacs...) and it freezes up regularly. I would buy my own, but it's the holidays, where other people buy me stuff.

For others:
Wii U for my older sister as christmas gift (she and her husband wanted a Wii, but I found a few in stock at my local Target! :D)
3DS XL for my younger brother w/ a few games
StarCraft II, Europa Universalis 3 for my Dad
Animal Crossing: New Leaf preorder receipt for my Mom
NES/SNES combo with Zelda I, Zelda II, Mario Bros I, Mario Bros II (and III) for my uncle

Ah, a gamer family is nice. Every gift in like two stops.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I only asked for a wii U, and I gave my parents all the money I've saved up for it as well.
If possible, I'll get them what I can afford. However Im, so there isn't much ( I don't have an allowance, and Im glad I don't. helps me savor money)

Amura

Day Dream
Things On Your Wishlist

Christmas is nearing, and almost everyone is wanting something. What do you want?

I, personally want a laptop. I've never gotten one for myself, so I think one for me would be pretty nice.

What are your must-haves?

NOTE: I apologize for the inconvenience if there is already a thread for this.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I want a 3ds but that's never going to happen.
I'd like my laptop fixed or a new X-Box 360, I also want Skyward Sword and Smash Bros. Brawl
And I'd like some music because i only have 1319 song on my Ipod :P

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I would really like a Drawing Tablet, White Diamonds Perfume (Smells so good...), and/or anything Mario, Spongebob, Zelda related.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My parents flat out told me that this year was going to be a poor Christmas. Because of this, I'm not really asking for much. A game or two and some trading cards is good enough.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My parents flat out told me that this year was going to be a poor Christmas. Because of this, I'm not really asking for much. A game or two and some trading cards is good enough.

Many times I had a poor Christmas at home but it always has been a great time ;)

I don't really have a wishlist since I'm on my own :lol: But I demand from myself to get me the Dr Who specials (2008-2010)

Last edited:

Joy

The Sexy One
I'd love a pair of bottines I've picked out from a catalogue beforehand, "la Fille de l'Air" de Nina Ricci (the best-smelling perfume in the whole world) and the new Dieux du Stade calendar. It's a rugby calendar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom