• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Thank the Goddesses for allowing multiple answers. I could have never chosen one. XD Can I just choose all of them? ...No? Well, okay then. It's between Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, the original Zelda, and The Wind Waker. :P

I mean, I love Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past just as much as any other Zelda fan, their sequels were so much more amazing in my opinion. (Especially Link's Awakening... why does this game not get much recognition? It's incredible!)

AHHHHHH! That's what I get for being a noob. I had only been a member for like 10 minutes before I casted my vote, so I was completely unaware that I could choose more than one, I mean I went though emotional struggle makeing just one decision! Geez. However thanks for the information though as I'm sure I will vote on other issues as well.

Last edited:
W

Wisp

I personally prefer Majora's Mask.
Skull Kid was so cute, I just couldn't beat him. <3

I liked getting a different perspective of the world of Termina. It felt so natural swimming as a Zora.
Although, being a Goron and crushing enemies was so satisfying, and the "super strength" thing was nice.
Either way, my favorite is Majora's Mask.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I've heard such great things about A Link To The Past. I've got the GBA edition, but never had the chance to play it properly. I think I'll be starting that soon :)

However, my favourite game is Majora's Mask, the story is beautiful, dark and touching. I love stories with depth, and while Ocarina of Time is an amazing interactive tale; Majora's Mask has so much more to offer than most other games I've played.

If you have play the actual "Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" game on the GBA you have played it properly, unless you really just wanna play "properly" in the way that you are playing it on a SNES with the SNES controller, then okay!

I'm guessing you have the Collecters Edition that came with Four Swords as well where you link em all together! either way the ones on the GBA are the exact same game, ive played them both. so dont beat yourself up over it, you have played the zelda game that created everything we know and love about all zelda games now!

Ocarina of Time remains my favorite after all these years.

The dungeon designs were superb, especially given that it was Zelda's first foray into 3D gaming. The music was very memorable adding to the atmosphere of both the overworld and dungeon worlds. I still contend that Ocarina of Time has the best soundtrack in Zelda, though it's a very close call. The gameplay was tight and effective, it still feels top notch to this very day. The overworld itself was also fantastic. While by today's standards it may seem small it still looks and feels beautiful, and at the time it came out nothing had ever come even close to it.

It may be part nostalgia, but I think OoT holds up as one of the greatest games to this day.

Kirino

Tatakae
My favorite Zelda is Skyward Sword. Although just about everybody will disagree with me, I prefer newer Zeldas. All 2D Zeldas' except for LTTP and MC weren't really that great, and, although it was revolutionary, I don't see what's so great about OoT. Twilight Princes and A Link to the Past are close seconds though.

One reason I like SS is because of it's motion controls, and the way combat was focused around it. They were perfectly accurate, and the combat was more difficult than I was used to, which is a good thing since Zelda's enemies are usually ridiculously easy. I enjoyed the way they adapted to different attacks. I also liked the way it was used in items. I liked being able to roll a bomb, and shoot my bow in different ways. I even liked the swimming controls.

I also liked the approch with dungeons. Unlike past Zeldas, where there were many rooms with little content, in SS, there were little rooms with lots packed into them, which I thought was a great change. I thought it was better that different puzzles afftected each other, and that the dungeons seemed more connected and content filled.

I saw some blurry textures if I zoomed into walls, but I still loved the art style, and the graphics were pretty good. I also enjoyed the soundtrack, but music is highly subjective, so I see how others might not like it.

I think the story was probably the best in any Zelda game. SS put more focus onto the story, which I like. Ghirahim was a great villian, with actual personality and great character development. Groose and Ghirahim are both two shining examples of character development within the Zelda series. Zelda also had much more personality than her previous incarnations, which gave me more motivation to save her. The characters were all great, and the whole story felt more like a movie, and had a more cinematic feel. The cutscenes were also very well done, and I was impressed with them.

There are 4 zelda games which are arguably the best: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask and The Wind Waker
Wind Waker was my personal favourite due to massive world, hilarious charecters, epic music and the fact that it was so immersive
as for Skyward Sword see my name. The graphics sucked, I loved wind waker graphics and Twilght Princess were cool too and they suited the game but mashing them together is like making an alien and predator croosover (for those who dont know alien vs predator sucked. As well as that there was near enough no exploration. You had 3 areas on ground which you had to visit and revisit and they were basically outside dungeons and incredibly lineaand if anybody is going to tell me that a few rocks that you can barely swing a sword on is exploration then they are just kidding themselves and sucking up to mister nintendo. The controls were bad whether you admit or not, you know they and are just pretending so everyone else (including nintendo) dont tell you you just cannot work them ITS THE COMPANY'S FAULT IF THE CONTROLS SUCK NOT YOU. Skyward sword is not necessarily a bad game but it should certaintly not be appearing on lists of top 10 let alone best.

You're allowed to have an opinion, but who are you tell me that all of my experiences are completely made up? I don't doubt that you didn't have problems with the controls, and I don't know why they didn't work for you, but there's one thing I do know; The controls worked for me. You can tell me i'm lying to myself all I want, but I know what happened when I played the game. I swing right, Link swings right. I swing left, Link swings left. I know the controls work for me. I never had any problems withe the controls, and I did well against enemies in SS. I had these experiences, I know what happened, and I am 100% sure I am not pretending. I had a small problem with stabbing but that's it. Please just consider that others may have had different experiences than you.

Mido

Version 1
Close contest, but I'll give this round to Wind Waker. It was the first game that I beat in the series, and the whole environment just stands out to me so positively.

Last edited:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I voted a Link to the Past, as it's just such an awesome game. Best 2-D Zelda, great plot, great... everything.

I also voted Ocarina of Time, as it was my first Zelda game, and will always be amazing. Love everything about both these games, with aLttP being just higher than OoT.

Definitely Ocarina of Time. Probably followed by Wind Waker and then Twilight Princess.

I also love Majora's Mask, but man... if I thought OoT's water temple was bad, MM's water temple is waaaaay worse

Last edited:
L

LinkIsTheBoss

Ocarina of Time is the best game ever, it was also the first game I played in my life

Its a hard decision but I am doing Link's Awakening cause this game is magical. Its creative, has a good plot twist at the very end and has characters that are very memorable. Especially the shop owner, stealing from him is dangerous. I also loved the items, my favorites being the pegasus boots, roc's feather, and hookshot. This game will always have a place in my heart.

W

WingFeather

It was hard man! Okay, let's just face it: Skyward Sword SUCKS! That's why the initials are SS, because if you put 'uck' in the middle it gives you the perfect review for the game. But I would have to say Twilight Princess is the best. It's got loads of land, amazing storyline, endless awesom sword moves and action, great items, etc. But what was really hard, was that Ocarina of Time is just as good! I still think OoT is the best, but I just didn't vote it, I don't know why...

If one were to play both of the Oracle games as a single full game in either order, you would get a game that is more fun than most of the Zelda games, with the most number of dungeons, the greatest cast of characters, a dynamic story, and everything else necessary for the best Legend of Zelda game. However, if you break them into the separate games, they are simply side games hardly worth looking twice at, with little worse other than Four Swords for Gameboy Advance with a faulty link cable. They must be played together to form the best game there is.
However, if the oracle games must be separate, I would choose as runner up Skyward Sword because of its deep mysteries, its music, and its controls. It isn't perfect, but it is the best single game to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom