• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Also, GirlWithAFairy will be inactive from the 20th to the 27th. Carry on. :)

As an addendum, it appears that PK Flash won't be able to finish out this game, as he has made a blog stating that he's leaving ZD for the time being.

I'm still waiting on Axle to explain himself for his suspicious dual posts, resulting in a possible attempt at bandwagoning Darknut_Hunter [read this post for details]. If I don't receive a response before the deadline, I'm going to conclude that he's scum, on account of evasive tactics.

As far as Axle goes, well, let's just say he's been playing it safe this round. He's honestly not made any overt slip-ups...except possibly this one:

Voted for Darknut, called him out on the day-shortening request, and then encouraged us to ensure a lynch via bandwagoning...no doubt hoping our victim would be DH.

Subtle, very subtle... But that's not all Axle did:

Followed that up with an impromptu post which says we should stop overanalyzing him, and provided several examples of lynches from other games; best I can figure it's meant to take our attention off Axle and place it on DH.

Now...that's a whopper of data to take in, but I don't understand his claim of the second post being a "peace offering". Why would he even feel the need to present a peace offering, emphasized by the fact that he targeted DH right before that? Furthermore, there were quite a bit of people jumping to Axle's defense as Kyby began his pressurizing soon afterwards. That begs the question of why they want him to live so bad. Are they blindly following his lead simply because he's an experienced player, or because they [some if not all] are Mafia as well?

Mr. the Beast...you have a bit of explaining to do.
You took my statement about a peace offering utterly, 100% out of context. That post was not a peace offering. In fact it was intended, effectively, to say anyone who thought my posts thus far were suspicious, is stupid.

The entire post (reread it) was spoken from the perspective of a story about previous games. Nothing in there referenced this game except when I likened my previous actions and posts to the so-called suspicious post that started all this nonsense. This is the part you find suspicious:

So at this stage, as a peace offering to other players (and frankly just smart playing), I suggest the best move is to lynch me eventually no matter how the game is going, because it's hard to distinguish between my playstyles. But the key is to do it eventually, but leave me alive for a while so I can help in case I am townie. This is what I do and I don't see any harm in it.

The only thing communicated here is that this is what I do now, in every game. The only way this relates to this game is that it's what I was doing in the post that, again, started all this. As I have said. Numerous times. Thank you for forcing me to repeat myself again.

And by all means, vote for me for my aggressive response (although that would be deeply weird since you were just suspecting me for allegedly trying to make a passive post), but the fact is this has become a frequent frustration for me. I have had extremely similar arguments countless times now, as every alignment. It's tiresome and I don't intend to be patient about it.

Regarding your statement about DH... yeah you're damn right I want people to lynch him over me. I don't want to die, and I think he's scummy. Do the math.

EBWODP: I'll respond to the rest of the thread tomorrow if I see anything worth commenting on.

Also the notion of me "being careful" is an automatic assumption that I am scum, Thar. If I am scum, then my lack of any overt slip-ups -- as you put it -- is me being smart. If I'm not scum, then it's just me... playing. It sounds like you've already made up your mind about my role. And I will maintain that lynching one of your potentially most valuable assets on Day 1 is stupid. I always gravitate away from good players for early lynches just on principle. It's not good strategy. I'm not going to avoid saying this just because I'm on the chopping block; I'll always say it.

Last edited:
I'll miss PK Flash. Hopefully we receive a competent replacement.

I'm hesitant on the votes for, DH. Axle seems to be deemed a great beneficiary or malicious scourge but people are indecisive regarding which he is. I'm not casting a finger of suspicion on anyone but I'll watch how this plays out.

Also, Monkeyfightsquad's voting for Draco came out of the blue considering Monkey's been largely inactive although that may have been a random act prior to his leaving for Tennessee.

Kirino

Tatakae
Iie iie, it's not that. I won't show a lot of the little things that put Axle out ahead of you, but they're there. Mostly the same little things that anyone else had ragged on with Axle for the whole game. They're there, I just don't feel like composing them because they are indeed little. As in just enough to put him ahead. My major reasons are there though.

Well, you're positive Axle's scum, right? And because he's scum, you want him lynched, right? Well, if you want to lynch him, then you have to get people to agree with you, which you do by presenting evidence. The point is, if you want to convince people to vote for Axle, you need to present all your evidence. As for your major reasons, i'm still not convinced. Axle has little evidence against him, and most of the evidence that has been presented is poor. You never fully explained any of your suspicions actually. You didn't give any reason why you thought Jedizora was Mafia. All you said was because of his previous post. You rarely ever explain yourself fully, and most of your suspicions are based on little evidence.

Anyways, i'm very suspicious of DH. Although he's not the only one who wanted to shorten the day, he was the first person to suggest it, and made three whole posts dedicated to making the day shorter, and really pushed for it. During the third post, the game was very active, and there was alot going on. More discussion is almost always a good thing for the town, and those who try to make the day shorter might be trying to limit the town's discussion. Also, when DN was accused by Axle, he acted very defensive and started accusing his accusors. He accused both Axle, and Pendio, who voted for him. Besides, even if he does end up being town, it won't be that much of a loss, as his playstyle can be dangerous to the town. He seems like a good candidate for a first day lynch, and a much safer bet than Axle, who doesn't have as much evidence against him anyways, and isn't nearly as suspicious.

Yeah, You should probably either replace or modkill him.

Unvote: Kybyrian

Vote: Darknut Hunter

I agree with Draco. Wyatt, you're not going to convince people to your side with some vague statements that you've outlined your major reasons for Axle being scum already. Many seem to doubt this is true or fear a major loss for the town if a miscalculation is made. That said, there's an obvious argument for the validity of your statements. If Axle is town, you will likely be lynched the next day.

Still lingering on DH too. I don't recall his behavior being different from prior games here and from what I recall he's always played either a town role or a neutral role. Voting for a shorter day raises eyebrown but overalll he's been rather consistent with his play style. I'll withhold a vote or for that matter even a finger of suspicion until further comment from him.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I agree with Draco. Wyatt, you're not going to convince people to your side with some vague statements that you've outlined your major reasons for Axle being scum already. Many seem to doubt this is true or fear a major loss for the town if a miscalculation is made. That said, there's an obvious argument for the validity of your statements. If Axle is town, you will likely be lynched the next day.

Still lingering on DH too. I don't recall his behavior being different from prior games here and from what I recall he's always played either a town role or a neutral role. Voting for a shorter day raises eyebrown but overalll he's been rather consistent with his play style. I'll withhold a vote or for that matter even a finger of suspicion until further comment from him.

This sums up my opinion pretty well. Kybyrian, I believe you pushed this Axle thing a little to far, and practically I'm not sure if I should vote on Axle anymore. I was just about to, but now I'm having my doubts. Why push so hard against somebody? Maybe you yourself are hiding somebody.

DH seems to be playing the same, however I will say that he's been flipflopping a bit.
Unvote Shorterday

Kybyrian

TheMasterSword said:
Why push so hard against somebody? Maybe you yourself are hiding somebody.

A Link In Time said:
If Axle is town, you will likely be lynched the next day.

TMS, look at that quote right there. Why would I bother to hide anyone when I pushed for Axle before there was any major suspicion on anyone? If Axle is a townie, most certainly I'd be lynched the next day. That would be inevitable for pushing the lynching of a townie so hard. But the thing is, I don't believe Axle is a townie. I strongly believe with every fiber of my being that Axle is scum in this game. I've also suspected you of being scum, so I wouldn't say your attempt to turn this around on me surprises me.

Axle is not town, and lynching him is for the better. If I were mafia, I would not dare go so high profile to lynch a townie. Honestly, I consider myself far too much of an asset to the side I'm on to let myself be killed by being reckless.

Kirino

Tatakae
Wyatt's taking a huge risk by going in for the kill. I trust his intuition. The next lynch will be easy if Kybyrian is mistaken.

Vote: Axle the Beast

Both Kybyrian and me are taking a huge risk. If Axle's Mafia, i'm probably getting lynched. If Axle's town, Kybyrian's probably getting lynched. I have, for the most part, defended Axle up until now, but not for good reason. Axle has practically no evidence against him, and he's an experienced player. I still can't fathom how someone can be positive someone else is scum with no evidence. Maybe intuition, but it seems ridiculous to base a whole lynch on nothing but intuition. It's also hard to deny how odd and suspicious Kybyrian has been acting. He rarely explains his suspicions, and only responds to sections of posts. The first time, he shrugged it off and said he only skims posts, and the second time, he says that his major reasons for voting Axle are in his previous posts, but I looked back, and only found a couple pieces of weak evidence. It only makes sense to try to stop a baseless lynch, so I don't see what's so suspicious about that, and I have defended myself over and over again.

Draco, do you think the Mafia would be willing to surrender one of its own ranks to eliminate a skilled town player? I haven't traditionally seen these tactical suicides but this may very well be the case. I'd like to point out that my vote isn't set in stone either. Wyatt was acting shady but ultimately I'm not convinced the Mafia would bet one of its members on a risky beginning maneuver. Like I said, try to sway me. I might budge. There are several votes for DH too right now.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
You took my statement about a peace offering utterly, 100% out of context. That post was not a peace offering. In fact it was intended, effectively, to say anyone who thought my posts thus far were suspicious, is stupid.

You called it a peace offering yourself; thus that's how I took it.

[Left out the stuff in-between since I answer it below]

Regarding your statement about DH... yeah you're damn right I want people to lynch him over me. I don't want to die, and I think he's scummy. Do the math.

Any less of a perceptive/comprehensive player could take this statement as a purely scummy response; but I realize that's how the game is played. So the math was done beforehand, yet I had to be sure of a few things.

Also the notion of me "being careful" is an automatic assumption that I am scum, Thar. If I am scum, then my lack of any overt slip-ups -- as you put it -- is me being smart. If I'm not scum, then it's just me... playing. It sounds like you've already made up your mind about my role. And I will maintain that lynching one of your potentially most valuable assets on Day 1 is stupid. I always gravitate away from good players for early lynches just on principle. It's not good strategy. I'm not going to avoid saying this just because I'm on the chopping block; I'll always say it.

I get that it could simply be you playing your own game, Axe. Nevertheless, I only found that sequence of posts suspicious, and actually made my arguments based on the idea that they might have been a scummy stratagem. They certainly seemed that way initially and that's the reason I wanted to hear your side. Not so that you would be repeating instances again.

You said above that it seems like I made my mind up. Frankly I haven't yet. If I did then I would have already voted. As it is there are too many distinct possibilities, and I'd rather see what happens past this stage than blindly cast my lot on something that might be faulty. Really, I don't get all the hype of voting for you when all this started with an RVS bandwagon to begin with.

Kirino

Tatakae
Draco, do you think the Mafia would be willing to surrender one of its own ranks to eliminate a skilled town player? I haven't traditionally seen these tactical suicides but this may very well be the case. I'd like to point out that my vote isn't set in stone either. Wyatt was acting shady but ultimately I'm not convinced the Mafia would bet one of its members on a risky beginning maneuver. Like I said, try to sway me. I might budge. There are several votes for DH too right now.

It's certainly a possibility. Kybyrian would probably be the best choice, as he would be able to convince people easier than anyone else and execute the plan the best. But let's assume that he is town for a second. He has provided very poor evidence. And even if he is voting just on intuition, there's a big chance he could be wrong. I have yet to see any reason to make me vote for Axle whatsoever. The only reasons I can think of is for mafia to lynch an experienced player. For a town, the only reason would be if you really trusted Ky for some reason. But why would you? He has given no evidence, and has been acting very shifty himself.

EBWODP: Darknut Hunter is also a much safer and less risky candidate for a first day lynch.

1: He has more evidence.

2: He's not very experienced, and wouldn't be a huge loss like Axle.

3: Even if he is town, his playstyle wouldn't be helpful, and could be dangerous.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
EBWODP: Darknut Hunter is also a much safer and less risky candidate for a first day lynch.

1: He has more evidence.

2: He's not very experienced, and wouldn't be a huge loss like Axle.

3: Even if he is town, his playstyle wouldn't be helpful, and could be dangerous.

1) If you can call asking for a shorter date evidence. Yes I see where it's risky, but don't you think that if I were mafia, I'd have thought about it and waited till someone else proposed the idea? Logically it would make more sense. Not only that, but we're at the point where a shortened day doesn't even matter. The day ends tomorrow, and you're still complaining about this? Foolish in my opinion. It has no bearing and I'm not pushing it so at this point, it's a pretty weak reason.

2) True, but less experience doesn't mean worse.

3) So if at some point later on your playstyle is deemed "dangerous" and "radical" by another player, you'd be fine with letting them lynch you? I don't think so. The point is, if you play like that, everyone is an enemy. And a divided town is a weak town. I certainly have no intention of getting killed by my brethren and I'm sure none of you do either.

Kirino

Tatakae
1) If you can call asking for a shorter date evidence. Yes I see where it's risky, but don't you think that if I were mafia, I'd have thought about it and waited till someone else proposed the idea? Logically it would make more sense.

It's already been explained why asking for a shorter day is suspicious. You asked for it not one, but three times. You persistence is what's suspicious. Also, those who want to shorten the day could wwant Axle dead, and you were campaigning for it even when the thread was active. Shortening the day is a bad move for the town. What makes you stand out above the rest is that you pushed so hard, even when the game was active, and the fact that you were being aggresive and accusing your accusers. This had been explained. And no. I doubt you would have had the foresight to notice that that could be considered suspicious.

Not only that, but we're at the point where a shortened day doesn't even matter. The day ends tomorrow, and you're still complaining about this? Foolish in my opinion. It has no bearing and I'm not pushing it so at this point, it's a pretty weak reason.

Who cares if the day ends tomorrow? That doesn't make it any less suspicious. Right now, it's effectively a toss up between you or Axle for who we should lynch, and you are the better choice. While you may not have much evidence on you, Axle has even less. In fact, Axle has practically no evidence against him, while you do. That alone should make you a better lynching candidate, but there's more. Axle's an excellent mafia player. Lynching him is a big risk. It's not a very big risk voting for you. Also, even if you do end up being townie, you aren't being very helpful anyways with your playstyle.

2) True, but less experience doesn't mean worse.

Axle isn't just experienced. He's probably the best Mafia player on the site. If he's a townie, he could really help us. Lynching him is a risky move. Especially with the major lack of evidence. Axle is better than you. That much is obvious. I'd rather be safe then lynch an experienced player because Ky said so even though he didn't provide evidence. Better safe than sorry.

3) So if at some point later on your playstyle is deemed "dangerous" and "radical" by another player, you'd be fine with letting them lynch you? I don't think so. The point is, if you play like that, everyone is an enemy. And a divided town is a weak town. I certainly have no intention of getting killed by my brethren and I'm sure none of you do either.

Of course I wouldn't be fine with it. Nobody would. What's your point? And you seem to be misunderstanding this. This is not a reason to lynch you, but it is a reason why you possibly ending up as a dead town won't be as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom