• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
There's a lot going on right now in the game. I really don't feel that I can trust Axle (who can?), since he's such an experienced player and all. I think we should do as he says though, let him live for now, and lynch him later (unless we learn something about his role). That seems safest for the town.

Oh, and I think Kybyrian made some interesting statements in his last post. Although, I don't know if I should believe in them...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Oh so truthful, but I guess that means we have to put the pressure on someone until they slip, don't they? As long as no one misinterprets (shocker) the methods and bandwagons, it's not hard to get people to slip in their "final" moments. Dracomajora's given me everything I need.

That deduction isn't half-shabby (which is a compliment). Looking back, I did make a note that Draco was jumping at one player to another; and he said it was to stir up discussion via random voting. At the time I dismissed it as just that, but now I remember that in a game [albeit innocent] I was caught for flip-flopping--essentially darting from one point to another in order to defend oneself from suspicion. Draco never seemed to do any of that until I brought his activity up; and then he voted for himself...?

Should his incident with Axle be mere concidence, I'm going to give Draco a chance to defend himself. I'm more willing to believe that he was doing the RVS for the game's sake since it was running pretty slow, but we should also consider the opposite end: That he might have been looking for targets to frame.

Kirino

Tatakae
Random voting your buddy initially for that little playman's method of "vote for your teammates to dispel suspicion", then turning around and putting down the pressure on someone else when people actually start voting your buddy? Oh Wyatt you're so good at drawing scum out from their little hidey-holes. You really just made it that painfully obvious, Draco.

What? I don't understand what you're saying. Let's start with the method you think i'm using. Why are you trying to find an ulterior motive in a random vote? How would a random vote dispel suspicion at all? He was never being suspected anyways. And why does trying to stop a terrible and baseless lynch mean i'm working together with the person i'm trying to not get lynched? But let me explain my actions.

Since the game was really slow, an I feared it would turn into Doctor Who Mafia, I tried from the very beginning to speed this game up, mostly by random voting. I didn't vote for Axle as part of an elaborate scheme to dispel suspicion from my supposed "Mafia partner". I tried to pick a person who hadn't posted yet, and when I was looking at the list of players, Axle stood out because of his Mafia reputation and expertise, so I decided to pick him. I came on here, saw the game was kinda slow, and quickly made a post. That's really all that happened. Why would I pick a mafia member at the beginning and vote for them as part of a plan I would use later on? How would I know what would happen, why would I choose that member, and how would I think of such a thing at the very beginning, when nothing was going on, and my only goal was to get the game going? The answer to all of these is that I didn't. Your claims are absurd.

Also, there's nothing inherently suspicious about defending someone. I know tha some people were eager to vote for just about anyone for almost no reason to get the game going, but an experienced player is way too high of a risk. Not to mention the accusations against him were practically nonexistint. To lynch an experienced player with no evidence just for some discussion? That's crazy. I just wanted to prevent what I felt was a pointless, baseless, and dangerous lynch that would most likely end up being detrimental to the town. Also, at the time, Durion gave no evidence as to why he voted for Axle, and neither did you or zack. Which is why I say the accusations were nonexistent. I assumed it was because they wanted to lynch someone quickly because of the posts back in the thread, and I was just saying why that was a bad idea.

By the way, if you think I misinterpreted your post, feel free to explain, as I don't think I fully understood it.

That deduction isn't half-shabby (which is a compliment). Looking back, I did make a note that Draco was jumping at one player to another; and he said it was to stir up discussion via random voting. At the time I dismissed it as just that, but now I remember that in a game [albeit innocent] I was caught for flip-flopping--essentially darting from one point to another in order to defend oneself from suspicion. Draco never seemed to do any of that until I brought his activity up; and then he voted for himself...?

Should his incident with Axle be mere concidence, I'm going to give Draco a chance to defend himself. I'm more willing to believe that he was doing the RVS for the game's sake since it was running pretty slow, but we should also consider the opposite end: That he might have been looking for targets to frame.

My random vote wasn't me trying to take suspicion off myself. It was completely seperate from my conversation with you. It was just another random vote. I was making tons of random votes to get the game going. And the incident was a complete coincidence, which is why i'm so confused and taken aback by this whole situation. I didn't vote for Kybyrian to frame him either. It was because of his awful "evidence", if you can even call it that, and his random bandwagoning. He didn't even explain his reasoning at the time. It was a very suspicious post, and that's why I voted for it.

Also, if anyone's wondering why I wanted to get this game going so badly, it was because of how badly I wanted this to be a good game. I love mafia. I sometimes join forums just to participate. I haven't played a Mafia game in a long time, so I was very exited. And after seeing how bad Doctor Who mafia was, and how inactive thiis game was, I was worried that it would stay that way. Honestly, this whole thing was me just trying to get some activity in this game, and if you would rather believe Kybyrian's rediculous theory, then fine.

Fine, Axle, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. I'll be cjecking your post and try and see if you will tweeking your posts as stated (in quote). Then we'll see if you're telling the truth.

Maybe I tweak it afterwards in case my legitimate scumhunting is about to bus an ally who doesn't need to be bussed, but otherwise I post identically.

Oh so truthful, but I guess that means we have to put the pressure on someone until they slip, don't they? As long as no one misinterprets (shocker) the methods and bandwagons, it's not hard to get people to slip in their "final" moments. Dracomajora's given me everything I need.
Do you mean pressure people in general until someone slips, or keep pressuring the same person until they slip? The former makes sense, the latter doesn't; you can't guarantee the person you decided to pressure has anything to slip up on. I ask because I seriously don't know which you mean. I've been confused about most of your posts and honestly you haven't been that amenable to answering me; you haven't addressed me at all since your vote.

I don't think you're being scummy, but you're certainly not being helpful.

There's a lot going on right now in the game. I really don't feel that I can trust Axle (who can?), since he's such an experienced player and all.
You can't, and it's not because I'm an experienced player but because I'm a player at all. This was the one of the core points of the statement that suddenly everyone is so worked up over. "Do not trust me!" How suspicious! That's just reaching, and honestly I can't see it as a mentality that's going to do anything but get the town killed, seeing demons where there are none.

Kybyrian

Axle said:
I don't think you're being scummy, but you're certainly not being helpful.

Ah! But you can't say that for sure because no one knows if you're town or scum. Perhaps I could have just pinpointed two scum right off the bat, and boy would that not be helpful for the town? For you to judge whether my observations were helpful or not is nothing; no one knows if they're correct or not. That's the glory in mafia. You bat on me and tell me I'm not being helpful at all in my accusations, but you've no place to make that remark.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well seeing as there is still over a week left to this day period alone, and that there are others who seem to share my thoughts, I'd like to motion that days become shorter and that this day end sooner. If I need to put a vote to it I will if that suits you Rainy.

Vote: Shorter Day

Now as for everyone else, I think that both sides have valid points but I'm not willing to make a jump yet. For All we know, this could be a staged thing and both Axle and Kybyrian could be working together as scum. If that's the case, we have a real problem on our hands, and I'm not sure how we'd go about dealing with fixing it right now, other than voting one of them off.

For now

Unvote: Fig

I'll see how things go.

Kirino

Tatakae
Ah! But you can't say that for sure because no one knows if you're town or scum. Perhaps I could have just pinpointed two scum right off the bat, and boy would that not be helpful for the town? For you to judge whether my observations were helpful or not is nothing; no one knows if they're correct or not. That's the glory in mafia. You bat on me and tell me I'm not being helpful at all in my accusations, but you've no place to make that remark.

You ignored all the other things he said, and focused on one sentence. He asked you a question. Not only that, but you completely missed he point of his sentence. You apparently took it as him saying your accusations weren't helpful, but he meant that you weren't being helpful by refusing to answer his question, which you're still doing. Honestly, did you even read his post at all? The way you keep refusing to answer one simple question makes me feel even more confident about my vote.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Well seeing as there is still over a week left to this day period alone, and that there are others who seem to share my thoughts, I'd like to motion that days become shorter and that this day end sooner. If I need to put a vote to it I will if that suits you Rainy.

Vote: Shorter Day

Now as for everyone else, I think that both sides have valid points but I'm not willing to make a jump yet. For All we know, this could be a staged thing and both Axle and Kybyrian could be working together as scum. If that's the case, we have a real problem on our hands, and I'm not sure how we'd go about dealing with fixing it right now, other than voting one of them off.

For now

Unvote: Fig

I'll see how things go.

Ignoring everything else that is going on (I think there are salient points being made on both sides, and I'm not sure where I fall yet), I find this monstrously telling. I'm not sure why you're campaigning for a shorter day so vehemently when there is interesting and potentially revealing discussion going on that gives us somewhere to go. Why would you want to cut our discussion short, unless you're itching to get to the night phase where the mafia can make their move and knock off a townie?

I don't necessarily think you're scum, but your insistence to shorten the day and move to a night phase with (assuming I'm reading your posts correctly) no lynch is sending off all kinds of alarm bells.

FoS: Darknut_Hunter

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Do you mean pressure people in general until someone slips, or keep pressuring the same person until they slip? The former makes sense, the latter doesn't; you can't guarantee the person you decided to pressure has anything to slip up on.

Actually I think pressuring one person at a time can give you a better feel for the person rather than having having to decipher the statements of many looking for one slip. Make one general sweep and then find what seems to be the weakest link. Apply pressure, crack, repeat. Enough cracks and they are bound to slip. If they dont slip within the alloted time you give yourself then there are only two conclusions A)the person has nothing :cool: the person is a lot harder to trip than you initially thought and all you can do is move on.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Kybyrian, no offence, but your being quite snapy, you've already suspected 3 or 4 people, and so i dont believe i should trust you, if you are mafia your making it blatant, because that woudn't be the best tactic, i will, for the time being presume your simply being a tad to the extreme, if i see something that tips me of however i may change my decision. And if anyone thinks you'r the mafia i would hope they wait until the end of the first night.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Quite the change of tones, huh? Hmm, I kind of agree with darknut, the day is a bit too long for my tastes, and it's after thanksgiving and black friday. I suggest we end 21st, the day before thanksgiving, as then it wouldn't drawl over the two days.
Vote: Day ending on November 21st.

However, I'll be refraining my vote until this weekend, so I get a good feel for whos the scummiest as of far, and then Ill get these people and put them on the random.org site.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Ignoring everything else that is going on (I think there are salient points being made on both sides, and I'm not sure where I fall yet), I find this monstrously telling. I'm not sure why you're campaigning for a shorter day so vehemently when there is interesting and potentially revealing discussion going on that gives us somewhere to go. Why would you want to cut our discussion short, unless you're itching to get to the night phase where the mafia can make their move and knock off a townie?

I don't necessarily think you're scum, but your insistence to shorten the day and move to a night phase with (assuming I'm reading your posts correctly) no lynch is sending off all kinds of alarm bells.

FoS: Darknut_Hunter

I see what you're saying but I simply am insisting on a shorter day for the simple reason that the previous mafia game kinda died out because of inactivity, which came about due to some very long days. In the last game I cheated out of another day after a full month of a dead game because of some unfortunate circumstances. I don't want to see that happen to anyone else. So that's my reasoning.

I agree that the conversation is interesting, but right now I have a couple ideas that I'm still working over in my head and I'm not sure which one of them I find more plausible and/or instinctual.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I see what you're saying but I simply am insisting on a shorter day for the simple reason that the previous mafia game kinda died out because of inactivity, which came about due to some very long days. In the last game I cheated out of another day after a full month of a dead game because of some unfortunate circumstances. I don't want to see that happen to anyone else. So that's my reasoning.

I agree that the conversation is interesting, but right now I have a couple ideas that I'm still working over in my head and I'm not sure which one of them I find more plausible and/or instinctual.

Arguing for a shorter day does not help the town, it just cuts discussion short. If you want to keep it from being inactive I'd advise you pester players outside of the game who aren't posting in this thread to do so. Even still, the game is active enough; other than you and TheMasterSword I haven't seen anybody insisting that this game is dangerously inactive or anything of the sort. Since you two both seem to be pushing the shortening of the day, something which can only hurt the town, I'm going to extend my FoS.

FoS: TheMasterSword

Kybyrian

Dracomajora said:
You ignored all the other things he said, and focused on one sentence. He asked you a question. Not only that, but you completely missed he point of his sentence. You apparently took it as him saying your accusations weren't helpful, but he meant that you weren't being helpful by refusing to answer his question, which you're still doing. Honestly, did you even read his post at all? The way you keep refusing to answer one simple question makes me feel even more confident about my vote.

Or maybe I should have clarified... in fact I didn't really read any of the first part of his paragraph =D

Axle said:
Do you mean pressure people in general until someone slips, or keep pressuring the same person until they slip? The former makes sense, the latter doesn't; you can't guarantee the person you decided to pressure has anything to slip up on. I ask because I seriously don't know which you mean. I've been confused about most of your posts and honestly you haven't been that amenable to answering me; you haven't addressed me at all since your vote.

In general mostly, but if you only put a modicum of pressure on one person they're never going to slip up. It's something you need to go with your instincts on.

PokaLink said:
Kybyrian, no offence, but your being quite snapy, you've already suspected 3 or 4 people

Check that, I've only suspected 2 people!

Honestly, Draco, the way you're acting just pushes the scum sense I'm getting from you even more. Quick to vote on me when I could have very well just been utilizing a pressure technique... quick to become harsh and condescending. I wouldn't say you're acting town yourself. It only strengthens the feeling I get that you and Axle are both a part of the same team, and that you're not a very experienced player as scum. You tend to fall into patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom