• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Since the trend seems to be to add a subforum for new game releases, I propose a small alcove dedicated to Black 2 and White 2 as they release this month. That will ensure the threads centering around the newer games don't dominate the World of Pokémon subforum.

Additionally, a spoiler option should be available in the GenGAME subforum.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I had an idea recently. In the anime Sword Art Online, players of the game could get "married". It was like a form of friending, although it was a deeper connection then a simple friendship request. I think we should have Marriage Requests here at Zelda Dungeon, what with all the "marriages" going on between members anyway. Why not make it official? I think it would be pretty neat! There could even be a little married icon, in the shape of a wedding ring, next to our usernames, next to the gender icon. I'm not entirely sure how far this would go, though, but it would probably have to have more benefits than a friend request.

I'll let you experts in the staff think this over. ;)

BUMP!! I think this is actually a fun idea. It would be a fun thing to do. I have seen this on more forums. I like this idea

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I think you guys should add a part of the site 100% dedicated to fanfiction. I don't mean like just a froum, I mean like an entire section of the site. I will volunteer to be admin/mod of that section, and me and the other staff(or just oher staff) of the site will determine other mods to keep it under control.
Thanks for reading,
XskywardX

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You can subscribe yourself to threads. If you do you will get notifications when someone replied. Most people don't subscribe though. I personally wouldn't like it to get notifications of all threads created and the replies

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
^

Near the top of the page you should see a Thread Tools option. Click that, and a menu will drop down; the bottom feature will say "Subscribe to this thread..." That's the one you want. Anytime someone replies to that thread, you should get a notification (if that's how it works). That oughta do it.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Social Groups Sub-Forums (Like Clans)

I thought that this had to be written down somewhere for the public eye to see, so here goes:

Djinn has always been pitching around a lot of ideas, one of which is the inclusion of special social groups characterized by their own sub-forums. On Zelda Universe they're known as Clans, although a lot of members on the forums seem to oppose the concept, I think something similar could help dispel some of the tension and help members relax with like-minded people. ZU's populace (for those who want to participate in Clans) is split into the Nayru, Farore and Din Clans based on a fun personality test. Based on your responses, you will be placed in one of the three and will be given access to a private sub-forum where other members of the Clan post threads.

These threads are pretty much the opposite of serious but still stay within the boundaries of the rules. Now I know the idea of dividing up the forums sounds bad, but really these social groups don't do much, if anything to ruin the unity of the community. They're placed near the bottom of the forum index and are decidedly less active than other parts of the forum. What makes them great is that the threads are a blend between what we know as Forum Games and General Discussion - members feel free to post discussions about how their day went or about oddly specific subjects like pickles without the apprehension of a mod cracking down on them.

Now of course I don't think such social groups are necessary, but they might be something members will enjoy.

1gYd6

A few nights ago, Djinn, Locke and I discussed how the personality tests could work. If anyone is familiar with True Colors tests, people are categorized into four colors: Blue, Red (sometimes Orange), Green and Gold. To give you all the gist of it, Blue stands for generally compassionate people, Red (Orange) represents someone who likes to have fun and courageous, Green stands for someone who values logic, is mentally strong and an innovator, and Gold represents a person who follows the rules, works hard and is goal-oriented.

None of the four True Colors are negative in nature and would group people together in a way to avoid conflict. And our community is mature, so I'm sure we wouldn't have many problems within the groups. I also suggested that if the True Colors personality types are to come into play, they could be represent (at least in the Zelda series) by certain races. For example: Gold = Sheikah, Blue = Zora, Green = Kokiri, Red/Orange = Gorons. Although now that the forums have become the Dungeon Gaming Network and cover three franchises, this might not work.

Anyway, I thought I'd take the initiative and put the idea down for Djinn.

A new Rank

I think a new rank would be cool to award people with a colour (like wikiscribes etc) for those who make worthy and decent threads. Not measured in volume of course but quality. I think it'd be quite nice and a good way of getting more people to post and invent new and refreshing threads in a forum that is suffering in that regard.

Dan

-I want the the calendar fixed.
-I want a shoutbox the supports video chat.
-I want a theme in my name
-More pink
-More respect to my man pancake.

A new Rank

I think a new rank would be cool to award people with a colour (like wikiscribes etc) for those who make worthy and decent threads. Not measured in volume of course but quality. I think it'd be quite nice and a good way of getting more people to post and invent new and refreshing threads in a forum that is suffering in that regard.

That would sort of undermine the rank of Hylian Knight to be honest, making good threads and posts is what gets people noticed and nominated.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have a few suggestions that will probably take some time to implement; it also requires a somewhat dedicated staff lol

1) Mases probably has to overview this and give the ok, but I'd like to suggest adding more people to the mailbag staff; allow more people to be on film. I don't think it's fair for it to be the "Axle" show when it explicitly says ZELDADUNGEON MAILBAG. It'd be cool to let us other members have some share of the spotlight! xD

2) I was thinking of some sort of user rank that is a functioning "Forum Staff" position -- these guys would handle the Awards, events, and some other things. I know Djinn is still trying to hammer out all the details but just a thought.

3) Video game competitions! We have AMV competitions, just need video games! We could do solely Zelda or something!! :)

Djinn

and Tonic
I thought that this had to be written down somewhere for the public eye to see, so here goes:

Djinn has always been pitching around a lot of ideas, one of which is the inclusion of special social groups characterized by their own sub-forums. On Zelda Universe they're known as Clans, although a lot of members on the forums seem to oppose the concept, I think something similar could help dispel some of the tension and help members relax with like-minded people. ZU's populace (for those who want to participate in Clans) is split into the Nayru, Farore and Din Clans based on a fun personality test. Based on your responses, you will be placed in one of the three and will be given access to a private sub-forum where other members of the Clan post threads.

These threads are pretty much the opposite of serious but still stay within the boundaries of the rules. Now I know the idea of dividing up the forums sounds bad, but really these social groups don't do much, if anything to ruin the unity of the community. They're placed near the bottom of the forum index and are decidedly less active than other parts of the forum. What makes them great is that the threads are a blend between what we know as Forum Games and General Discussion - members feel free to post discussions about how their day went or about oddly specific subjects like pickles without the apprehension of a mod cracking down on them.

Now of course I don't think such social groups are necessary, but they might be something members will enjoy.

1gYd6

A few nights ago, Djinn, Locke and I discussed how the personality tests could work. If anyone is familiar with True Colors tests, people are categorized into four colors: Blue, Red (sometimes Orange), Green and Gold. To give you all the gist of it, Blue stands for generally compassionate people, Red (Orange) represents someone who likes to have fun and courageous, Green stands for someone who values logic, is mentally strong and an innovator, and Gold represents a person who follows the rules, works hard and is goal-oriented.

None of the four True Colors are negative in nature and would group people together in a way to avoid conflict. And our community is mature, so I'm sure we wouldn't have many problems within the groups. I also suggested that if the True Colors personality types are to come into play, they could be represent (at least in the Zelda series) by certain races. For example: Gold = Sheikah, Blue = Zora, Green = Kokiri, Red/Orange = Gorons. Although now that the forums have become the Dungeon Gaming Network and cover three franchises, this might not work.

Anyway, I thought I'd take the initiative and put the idea down for Djinn.

This is something I have brought up a couple times in the past but I never really posted all my thought on it. Essentially I wanted to have a way to have the smaller group experience on ZD. The various clan forums group like minded people into a smaller forum which has a much looser allowance on what can be posted on it since it is mostly a random/general topic forum for those members to play around in with whatever they wanted. The muffin thread going south a few months back gave me an idea to have a forum section for things like that since it seemed more than a few thought it was unnecessary while I could not at all see the harm in it at all. So I thought why not get a place where we can talk muffins if we wanted. Also on a couple forums I am a part of I do find myself sticking to the smaller clan area much more than I do the main sections for things like small talk or daily chat type threads. I think it would help overall activity due to this. I was going to make a much larger description on this whole idea over in my implementation thread as soon as I got around to getting it all together.

Plus I like the idea of there being a banner grouping that people can freely chose to join on their own if they wish. It's the naming scheme that I am having a bit of trouble thinking up. Since ZD is not totally a Zelda forum anymore I suppose we could try using the genres on the forum and have something like Hylian Heroes, Darksiders Horsemen, Pokemon Trainers, etc. Still thinking up names. Then there is the need to find some method of dividing the groups.

A new Rank

Well to be honest this is one of the descriptions behind the concept of the Hylian Knight Rank, it was meant to be for members that consistently post often and post well. Adding new ranks is something I have wanted to add as well. I am a bigger fan of groups one work for or work towards, basically a rank that denoted a job or accomplishment over one that is voted on. But this idea might need a bit more elaboration, or at least stand apart from the HK grouping somewhat.

I have made a few suggestions within this thread which I am also trying to have the issue of only about half the members here being able to view it resolved as well. But I listed a couple groups that I thought would be useful as well such as a group for members who have accounts that are three or more years old, and an event staff to take care of and host the forum events we have throughout the year like Secret Santa at Christmas, Valentines day cards, etc.

Kybyrian

In the "About Me" section of user profiles can you guys please add two options?
- 3DS Friend Code
- Wii U ID

Added

A new Rank

That's what the Hylian Knight rank is for. They're recognized by staff and others of the rank for their posting quality on the forums and promoted as such. If you don't like the way the Hylian Knight rank is now, know that that's what the rank you're suggesting comes to. If you think that the members don't look at the Hylian Knights and see inspiration from their posting quality, then neither will they do the same with any new rank.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Not a suggestion, just a question that doesnt deserve its own topic.

Under the article center, there is a "private boards". I've never seen it before. Thought it meant I got the article writer position, but my application hasn't been marked "decided" and my name isnt gold. What's up with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom