• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time "Mirror Shield"

Which Design is better?

• Old Version

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • New Version

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
What is the big deal about a symbol from a religion being in a video game. If anything, muslims should be honored that their symbol was in the game.

And I've heard the old Fire Temple music, like, a million times, and it does not sound like they are saying anything. Besides, it gives it a kind of mystical feel to it, not like the newer version, which just sounds like mechanical crap.

Another thing they changed in the newer version of OoT is that they sped up some of the cinematic scenes, like when Ganondorf changes into
Ganon. I was like, huh?! The slower speed made it more epic and suspenseful. Now it's like, "what happened, I blinked and missed it."

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
What is the big deal about a symbol from a religion being in a video game. If anything, muslims should be honored that their symbol was in the game.

And I've heard the old Fire Temple music, like, a million times, and it does not sound like they are saying anything. Besides, it gives it a kind of mystical feel to it, not like the newer version, which just sounds like mechanical crap.

Another thing they changed in the newer version of OoT is that they sped up some of the cinematic scenes, like when Ganondorf changes into
Ganon. I was like, huh?! The slower speed made it more epic and suspenseful. Now it's like, "what happened, I blinked and missed it."

Not all people are up to having their religious symbols/icons thrown about as if they were no longer important. What really bothered people was that the symbol as well as the chanting are not to be used outside of importance. It may be a little difficult for some people to understand because today people are more and more lenient about the portayal of their religious icons, but some things are incredibly sacred, and both the mirror and the chanting just really insulted and angered people.

Anyway, in my opinion, I did like the older version much more. Design-wise, it was more pleasing to the eye. I'm not bothered that they changed it, but I'm not exactly happy with their newer choice of design.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Not all people are up to having their religious symbols/icons thrown about as if they were no longer important. What really bothered people was that the symbol as well as the chanting are not to be used outside of importance. It may be a little difficult for some people to understand because today people are more and more lenient about the portayal of their religious icons, but some things are incredibly sacred, and both the mirror and the chanting just really insulted and angered people.

Anyway, in my opinion, I did like the older version much more. Design-wise, it was more pleasing to the eye. I'm not bothered that they changed it, but I'm not exactly happy with their newer choice of design.
That's the truth. Sometimes people of Islamic faith are offended by such imagery that means so much to them used for something of less importance to them, IE video games, because it comes off more as mocking than anything else. Think of it like this:

They're using the star and crescent on something that doesn't even pertain to Islam in anyway. How could they use such a holy symbol of mine for something as minuscule as a video game?

Rather than this:

Woah, Nintendo took a holy symbol of ours and used it in their video game! That's awesome, even if it doesn't have anything to do with Islam!

This reminds me of Nintendo having to change the color of the Pokemon Jynx from black to purple. Allegedly, it resembled a stereotypical African American woman than what Nintendo wanted the pokemon to resemble, which was evidently some sort of social group in Japan at the time.

i honestly like the newer version but i dont really see anything wrong the older version. and i dont see how its a bad thing that it resembled islam.
but i geuss it was wrong to some people :(

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I like the old designs for the pure sake of originality.
How it was meant to be is the way that it should have stayed, I mean it was a shield a sign of protection, I wouldn't see why anyone would take that offensively, not like they're using the symbol for an actual weapon to cause damage. But w/e, people will be people. =)
Next post.

M

megacat333

i loved the old one

i loved the old design and i only have the gc version of the game i wish they keeped it :'(!!!!!!!!!!!!somtimes i call it the moon shield,dosen't that sound cooooool!!!!! this is just a guess but i think i have seen that symbol im MM.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
The New logo is ongthe blocks and the shield same with the Old version.

I like the way the moon looks on the old version so I pick the old one.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I personally like the old version of the oot mirror shield i wish that they would of had it in all the oot versions but what can you do. I really would go online and buy the n64 version just so i could play it to use the old design but i sold my n64 a couple years ago so i would buy an n64 and controlers but i won't because i already have it on the virtual console.

N

nfl797

I like the older version better because that just what I all ways saw when i was younger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom