• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Termina Bay Theory

Z

ZeroLink

This might be a stretch, but I was thinking, what if Termina Bay isn't an alternate Hyrule at all, but one of the islands from the Wind Waker era? I haven't played Majora's Mask, but is there any evidence to prove or disprove this theory?

J

Jirrup

This might be a stretch, but I was thinking, what if Termina Bay isn't an alternate Hyrule at all, but one of the islands from the Wind Waker era? I haven't played Majora's Mask, but is there any evidence to prove or disprove this theory?

Yes, I can disprove your suggestion. Great Bay is connected to the rest of Termina, which appears to be beneath Hyrule (judging by the fact that Young Link fell a long way from the Lost Woods to get there). The islands in The Wind Waker are the tips of Hyrule's mountains.

Though the vases in Windfall Island's House of Wealth bear a design not unlike the Great Bay...

Jirrup, its not below Hyrule, Termina is a parrelell world of Hyrule. ZeroLink, play the game and you'll know that Majora's Mask is a direct sequal to Ocarina of Time and it is Young Link that embarks on that adventure.

J

Jirrup

Jirrup, its not below Hyrule, Termina is a parrelell world of Hyrule.

I'll try and argue my point. In one of Granny's stories, it says that the Skull Kid ascended to the heavens after the Four Giants told him to begone. Ascending the same path Young Link fell would lead him up to the Hyrule Lost Woods, where he lives in OoT, and ambushes the Happy Mask Salesman (and later Link).

Even if I'm wrong, and Termina is parallel, there's no way it could connect to the Great Sea.

It says Termina is in fact a parallel universe in the STORYLINE. It doesnt have to look exactly like Hyrule, just have familiar places and characters. Kinda like LA, didnt it really happen or was it all a dream. Yea Koholint Island is the dreaming island, but dreams can be real...for those that have done LSD know what I'm talkin about, haha anyways. Now, we can debate about Holodrum and Labrynna almost to the same extent. The only true countries outside of Hyrule was Calatia in which Link never visited in any game.

D

Deku Lord

Also the kingdom of Crandal.

Anyway, Holodrum an Labrynna were almost certainly in the same dimension, seeing as the prologue doesn't look like the following at all...

Quote from Collectors Edition instruction booklet:
Having waged his battlles across time to defeat the evil Ganon and restore peace to Hyrule, Link departed from the land that made him a legend. On a personal journey in search of a beloved and invaluable friend, Link was waylaid while traveling through the Lost Woods, and his horse and precious Ocarina were stolen from him. His pursuit of the villain led him into the strange, parallel world of Termina, where he found his fate tied to its impending doom...

Z

ZeroLink

I know that Young Link is the main character of MM. I know that he goes through a portal to another world, and when I was thinking about it, it sounded very much like the portal through the Temple of Time that Link used in Ocarina of Time. And if that were the case, it seemed as though the portal could be a link to several centuries into the future. If this were the case, it would be a warning of sorts to Link: this is what the future of Hyrule is. It will flood, people will die, and it will result in a new world.
I mean, I understand that it doesn't really work, but it would explain what Termina is. It would explain why it seems so similar to Hyrule, because it really is. Just in the future.

A

Aerostella

Termina wasn't ugly and evil after the end of MM, what was bad about it, the moon didn't crash.
This is what was bad about it:

happymoon.jpg

:xd: But seriously. It couldn't be a TWW Island because as other people have said, Link is just going to a parallel universe.

D

DarkLink

What do you mean Termina Bay? It's just called Termina. It does have the Great Bay, but the whole land is just called Termina.

It's said that when Hyrule was created, many alternate worlds were created so my guess is that Termina is another dimension, not at all connected to the Great Sea. But then again, GREAT Bay, GREAT Sea. Hmm. Maybe Termina is connected to the Great Sea and when Skull Kid ambushed Link and Link followed him he took him to the future where Hyrule is flooded and Termina is one of the Islands. What would be really cool would be if there was another game in the Wind Waker storyline and in it Link and Tetra find that "new land" they're looking for and it's Termina. Then we could see Termina in cel shaded graphics. Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
No...Link was in old Hyrule at the start of MM. Termina Bay is the Great Bay.

Also at the theory that Termina is future Hyrule before the Gods flooded it...well that almost makes sense except the Gods flooded Hyrule, they didnt throw a moon at it. Plus, thanks to Link, the moon didn't crash into Hyrule and TWW still occured, no connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom