• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Operating System Do You Use?

What Operating System Do You Use?

• Windows 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows Vista

• Windows XP

• Mac OS

• Linux

• Other (post below)

• Total voters

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I myself use Windows 7 on my desktop and laptop and then Ubuntu on my second laptop. So I can't really vote for one so I guess I'll put other? Or shall I put windows 7 since I use more of that

Well... Heres my story. First I used Mac OS, alot... But it was really annoying because it was a power pc, which is now outdated... :( My family went through like three of those. Then my dad got a windows xp machine from work! yay! :) except this story is not done yet, XP was kinda glitchy despite the amount of RAM and stuff... So the I got Ubuntu! Which I used for several months before I wanted iTunes alot... So I installeds Windows XP again. Then it didn't install the proper drivers for audio or network or something,. I got that sorted out. Then within days of reverting back to Windows XP, My brother because he's in college Get a TON of expensive software FREE! :) So I got Windows 7 and 8 (not the release preview if your wondering,the real thing!). So I had Windows 7 on there awhile cause I heard good things about that and bad things about Windows 8. So I had Windows 7 on here for about 2 days when I wanted to find out if Windows 8 is really that bad. Guess what! I really like it! :D And so Windows 8 is the current OS I use. Its not complete yet but hey, it doesn't even come out til next month, so hey! And that was all within a year also.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I use Windows XP on my desktop, probably gonna end up with Windows 7 once I get myself a laptop sometime in the next year or so. It works alright for me but it'd be nice to not have to worry about glitches and viruses all the time. :(

For all the Ubuntu users on here- is it hard to install Ubuntu? I'd like to maybe use it on something but I'm a major noob when it comes to this kind of thing and I don't want to do anything I won't know how to do properly.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I use my laptop. Duh. *computer noob*

I'm just kidding. I use Windows 7. I don't really know that much about operating systems, so I wouldn't know if there are any better ones, or even if Windows 7 is a bad one. But it works for me, so I guess it's fine.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I use my laptop. Duh. *computer noob*

I'm just kidding. I use Windows 7. I don't really know that much about operating systems, so I wouldn't know if there are any better ones, or even if Windows 7 is a bad one. But it works for me, so I guess it's fine.

Windows 7 isn't bad, it's faster depending on how much RAM you have. If you have 2 GB of RAM I think it's pointless to use 7 because XP is much faster(yet I use 7 anyway with 2 GB of RAM, that's why I know).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom