• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enemy Items?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
In Wind Waker certain enemys weapons can be stolen and used to defeat there own kin, i've always wanted Nintendo to utilize this effect, defeating a moblin and taking its weapon sounds awsome. In SS sadly enough when Link escaped and gathers his weapons he cant steal guards weapons, wich i think is something Nintendo missed out on. In no way do i want Zelda to become an RPG Like Skyrim, but i think it would be a good idea.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
So you mean bringing back the theme of taking weapons from defeated enemies like in Wind Waker? Yeah, I would like that. I thought it was really cool, and it was a very resourceful concept. As far as keeping the items, I don't know about that... Like you said, Zelda isn't an RPG like Skyrim. I wouldn't mind, but I don't think it would meet good reception.

Turn this on its head, how about we let enemies have weapons like hookshots etc so that they can actually be a threat, that'd be nice.

But yeah, stealing an item form an enemy defeated or not would be fun again, especially if they had a really nice weapon.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
That is the best new thing that Wind Waker did and it certainly should come back in some form. A skyrim-esque system where you pick up new weapons and keep them for as long as you want, I agree, should not be implemented, just keep it as an optional one-room strategy thing. If they do keep it, it should be that, if you're clever or just get lucky, you can find a short cut or secret rupees or something, but never mandatory for a puzzle or enemy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm in line with what Spirit said, but I do agree that we should be able to take the enemies' weapons from them once more. Perhaps, instead of a proper dungeon item, we would have to properly kill our enemies and use THEIR weapons to finish the temple? Sounds a bit more dynamic if you ask me :>

I don't see how incorporating the ability to pick up enemy items in Zelda would prompt it to further resemble an RPG. Skyward Sword added an upgrade system and while there was some initial hesitation over whether or not this would work, the general consensus appears to favor this inclusion. With the sole exception of The Adventure of Link Zelda has never been a true RPG and never likely will be. There is no number based combat system.

As far as this idea goes, I definitely endorse it. In fact it's rather strange that foe's weapons poof away with them upon defeat. This would be another minor fix in Nintendo's recent trend to blend more realism with the expected fantasy. Imagine wielding a bad boy like Demise's blade in the next game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Who says it has to be tactical in combat? I think doing it to solve puzzles was enough. Besides, it came in handy when fighting more than one Moblin at once.

How often was it used in puzzles? Not very often. If it's added to the game but not used much then its existence is pointless. You should know this all too well with many of the items from Twilight Princess.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Who says it has to be tactical in combat? I think doing it to solve puzzles was enough. Besides, it came in handy when fighting more than one Moblin at once.

Well, for the idea to be like good not just "nifty" or "neat", it should be practical in more than one instance. You know, how the sword itself can kill enemies but at the same time can cut ropes or heck even act as a mini-tether of sorts (in some games, not Zelda I don't think).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
How often was it used in puzzles? Not very often. If it's added to the game but not used much then its existence is pointless. You should know this all too well with many of the items from Twilight Princess.

That's a good point. Even so, I actually made use of it a lot. Hey, maybe if this concept returns, we'll see more of a tactical use for it. That would be nice.

Big Octo

=^)
Sure, I'd like to see something like this. In WW, I thought it was included very well for what it was, and adding more features to using enemy weapons would be a nice spin on things. Perhaps certain weapons can excell in certain battle criteria, but fall short in others. Something to spice up the combat in an RPG style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom