• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Difference Between Male and Female Fashion

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I came across a thread in this section that talks about men wearing high heels(or anyone wear high heels, whatever)and so I became curious to see if this phenomena really exists.

I came across this article.

In it I read the comments section and was curious of the opinions there, some men felt that they should wear heels and don't see the problem, another guy said he thinks men should polish their nails, basically the most I've read was that men want to enjoy a better fashion sense then what we're accustomed to.

Now I'm not here to bash those who do these things, that's you not me I could care less but there are questions that has splurged my curiosity. Why do some men feel they should have the same fashion sense as a women? Some men claimed to be married to women so I am not going to say that only homosexual men say this. However I see that it only makes sense that men and women have different fashions, for the simple fact of the distinct difference betwen us. Men wearing polish and doing girly things, well it just doesn't seem...manly.

How did this thinking come about? Any male here that feels they should have the same fashion as women, I want to hear your opinions on why you think that should be. For the life of me I can't seem to understand, maybe someone can make me.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I don't think we'll ever know the exact answer to why men have a different sense of fashion than women. I believe it can be traced back to the separate spheres idea that creates a barrier between men and women: as the mindset where men were supposed to be in the workplace while women tended to the household. Perhaps modern clothing and fashion could have derived from what was practical to be worn in the past.

However, this idea of separation isn't present in all cultures in the world. South Koreans like to ignore this precedent, especially Nu'est's Ren:

20120120_nuest_ren.jpg

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Yes, but I find it confusing.

I think one of many reasons why this shouldn't be is because fashion helps tell the difference between men and women when attractiveness applies. I once came across someone I thought was a women and became interested in them, but to my dismay they were actually a guy, they had me completely fooled.

I found this to be most disappointing and it angered me that I was fooled. When you have a x between fashions like this, it makes things harder for us as a species, and in my opinion, makes things backward. That's not to say I have a problem with homosexuals but I'm heterosexual, and I of course would assume that I'm talking to a heterosexual women.

My gripe here is that these fashions confuses people.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I have worn a hoodie that was designed for women. It was cold out and my friend lent it to me cause she had an extra jacket and she didn't want me to catch cold. The jacket was nice, the sleeves were slightly short on me, but that didn't matter, and it was was warm.

Honestly I would where another one, depending on the color and style, because I my self like tighter fitting clothes (I wear skinny jeans and athletic tees a lot) because they're a lot more comfortable to me. It doesn't make me any less of a man, and it doesn't make me gay (really it's a hoodie) and I think that it's perfectly fine.

As for men who cross dress and such, whatever they want is fine. It's all personal choice.

Joy

The Sexy One
The reason we dress up in the first place is because we try to make ourselves attractive to the other gender. That's why the fashion is different between men and women, they don't aim for the same goals. Females will try to make themselves appear longer-legged by wearing high heels, they'll try to make their eyes bigger and lips redder by weaaring makeup, they'll try to appear slimmer by choosing certain clothes, have prettier nails by wearing nail polish, etc, because that's what today's society dictates what beauty is. Female fashion follows this as much as possible. For men, we don't have the same idea of beauty and therefore the fashion is different. We do not want a man to look graceful and thin and long-legged, we want him to appear manly and broad-shouldered and muscular.

Of course, lots of people are attracted to different things, I am just saying what the majority thinks as of today.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I think one of many reasons why this shouldn't be is because fashion helps tell the difference between men and women when attractiveness applies. I once came across someone I thought was a women and became interested in them, but to my dismay they were actually a guy, they had me completely fooled

I kinda had an experience like that. I had a female friend that dressed up a bit masculine, but never thought anything else of it. A few months later she told was a female AND a male, but chose to act like a girl instead. We're still friends, but it was a bit awkward.

Besides that, i think anyone should wear anything they want to, but I always thought males were less colorful with their clothes than girls wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom