• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Public School or Private School?

Joy

The Sexy One
In Britain a public school = private school, so I felt confused for about 10 seconds. :lol:

Anyway, I'm in a State school. My parents could never afford a Private one! Even if they could, not sure I would want to. You're awfully pressurised. And you have a uniform. Can't stand uniforms.

I have experience with both the public and private school environments as I myself attend a public school whereas my mother is a professor in a private college.

Objectively speaking both have their benefits and disadvantages. In a private school the student to faculty ratio is typically lower along for more hands-on experience with your teacher but on the other hand private institutions lack the funds of their public counterparts. Private schools worry about student attendance, dropped courses, and budget because they know there is no large hand hovering overhead to provide them with funds if they run drive whereas their public counterparts, especially state universities benefit from state sponsored growth and research.

Sustainability isn't the only factor to consider, however, or even the most important one. Students are graced with the benefits of improved extracurricular activities if they attend a public school as opposed to a private one. They bring out the flare in all of us and assist us in making new friends who share our beliefs and values. Social interaction may not seem like much but it is key in the modern day and age. Communications is required on a day-to-day basis at the work place, exchanging pertinent information with coworkers or being issued another task from the boss.

Overall I endorse the public school but I see the pros of the private setting as well. There is no way to definitely answer which is better but rather to prioritize and ponder what matters most for you in obtaining an education.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
Public school, I can't stand preppy, goody two-shoes, overly religious private school morons, not all of them but they just clash with my style, I mean I don't get me wrong I'm religious but if someone tells me I'm a sinner for not going to church that's where I explode, but I'm the kind of person who likes to do crazy, wild stuff while still being pretty laid back, I like to test my limits, what I can do in my short life, I'm always crossing off my bucket list, but people that get mad at you for having a little fun, saying "Oh you shouldn't do that" and things like that, I'm not being judgemental but I went to private schools for K5 1st grade, end of 2nd grade, and the start of 3rd and a lot of them just frustrate me, a lot of spoiled brats go to those schools, they don't know how to mind their own business, but when it comes to me I'm real chill and down for pretty much anything, once again not trying to offend anybody, js.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I go to public school. I've never gone to private school because it's too expensive and religious. I guess it's good that I don't go to private school so I don't have to put up with any religious bullcrap or having to wear a uniform.

For the people here who are in homeschooling/ online school, what's it like? Not having to put up with any of the people in public/ private schools sounds appealing.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
I was homeschooled for a while and it SUCKED, if you don't live in a neighborhood you have no friends, for some reason it always feels like it's taking away from your free time, and your parents are always the worst teachers on the planet.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I was homeschooled for a while and it SUCKED, if you don't live in a neighborhood you have no friends, for some reason it always feels like it's taking away from your free time, and your parents are always the worst teachers on the planet.

Yeah. Honestly I can't imagine either of my parents being particularly good teachers. How does it take away from your free time? I always imagined you'd have more free time being homeschooled...

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
It may seem like it but since you can sleep in and still have just as much work you end up with less time, unless you wake up early, but I never do that unless I really have to. And besides, my parents have like no patience when it comes to this stuff, so it just became a big fight (idk why it was ages ago), that's why i went back to regular school

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
It may seem like it but since you can sleep in and still have just as much work you end up with less time, unless you wake up early, but I never do that unless I really have to. And besides, my parents have like no patience when it comes to this stuff, so it just became a big fight (idk why it was ages ago), that's why i went back to regular school

Public school can still be pretty bad in its own right. You have to put up with some pretty horrible people in school, plus some downright ridiculous teachers. Not to mention the electives and phys. ed.

Do you still have to take electives while being homeschooled?

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
Nope, just straight up normal stuff, I mean, every type of schooling has it's ups and downs, but home-schooling was worst from my own personal experience but idk some people just preferr it, but it's not as good as it sounds like.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Nope, just straight up normal stuff, I mean, every type of schooling has it's ups and downs, but home-schooling was worst from my own personal experience but idk some people just preferr it, but it's not as good as it sounds like.

I guess that online schooling would be one of the better choices then. You don't have to put up with parents, schoolmates, or teachers. I've heard that it's not the best though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom