• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

X-Men Origins

As many of you probably know, X-Men Origins: Wolverine comes out in theaters tomorrow.

It is the first installment of what seems to become another set of X-Men movies. Once again it is starring Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

I think this movie looks very interesting based off of the trailers I've seen. I loved the other three X-Men movies and I hope this will be as good or better.

I'm going to see it as soon as I can. Are any of you planning to see it?

F

FalseDestiny

Yeah he probably is going to be sued bad but what he put on the internet doesn't have any special effects ( so I am told). But I am extremely glad that they have brought Gambit and Dead Pool into the picture. They were also among my favorites of the X-men.

I'm not HUGE fan of the series (I really only saw the other three movies for Patrick Stewart's amazing acting skills), so I'm not going to be there in one of the first showings giddy with anticipation. I may see it in a couple of weeks if I'm bored, or I'll just get it in Bluray when it comes out on DVD.

Stella3000

Starlight
Oh man. I LOVE the X-Men!!! ^^

I can't wait to see this movie. Although, I think my dad is going to make me wait until we can get it on Netflix, though. <:(
Nooooo! I don't wanna wait that long! Why does he have something against going to the movies???!

I really liked the other movies, except for the last one's ending. I hated how they had to kill off so many cool characters.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
Wolverine is the only member of the X-Men that I like anyway, so i'll probably go to see this sometime.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I watched it when it was online, which was odd for me to do because I don't believe in downloading movies, but I was curious about it. I'm even more excited to see it now, and will pay money to do so in theaters. I will probably end up buying it as well, if anything just to continue my X-Men movie collection.

It wasn't an Oscar-worthy film, and it wasn't Dark Knight, but I didn't think it was any worse than the other X-Men movies. It was a fun summer 'popcorn' movie. People are making it out to be some abomination even before seeing it, mainly because of changes to one character (I will avoid spoilers in saying who) but as a casual X-Men fan, I wasn't disappointed in what we got.

I was at the preminre here in Tempe it was bomb that Huge bought us all breakfast. I like the moive. I thought it gave a good explanation to the origin of Logen but could have been alittle better...as in real deadpool not Ryanpool.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I really liked the movie. I went with my best friend on opening day and we got in for free because he works at our local movie theatre and he didnt like it, but i loved it. There were some things about it that i would change. The commercials drop names like no other and then some of the names that they drop only appear for a very limited time in the movie. I didnt like that. It was still a very good movie, IMO.

Apparently they are making multiple X-men origins movies. I know that if you go to IMDB.com they say that there will be an X-men origins: Magneto film coming out in 2011 and there are rumors of an X-men origins: Gambit movie and a deadpool movie.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Apparently they are making multiple X-men origins movies. I know that if you go to IMDB.com they say that there will be an X-men origins: Magneto film coming out in 2011 and there are rumors of an X-men origins: Gambit movie and a deadpool movie.

A few months ago, they said Magneto was on hold. They wanted to judge the reaction of Wolverine before going ahead full-steam with Magneto. It sounds like, right now at least, they're looking at creating a Wolverine franchise, so this might put other mutants on the backburner for awhile.

I personally think a Magneto story wouldn't be as good movie-wise as a Deadpool story. I'd go to both though if they got so far as to be released. I would love to see any and all X-Men or individual Origins movies (even though I'm only a casual fan at best), but I would understand if they shelved all the Origins titles and just went with a Wolverine franchise.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
A few months ago, they said Magneto was on hold. They wanted to judge the reaction of Wolverine before going ahead full-steam with Magneto. It sounds like, right now at least, they're looking at creating a Wolverine franchise, so this might put other mutants on the backburner for awhile.

I personally think a Magneto story wouldn't be as good movie-wise as a Deadpool story. I'd go to both though if they got so far as to be released. I would love to see any and all X-Men or individual Origins movies (even though I'm only a casual fan at best), but I would understand if they shelved all the Origins titles and just went with a Wolverine franchise.

Well, just because they have a Wolverine franchise doesn't mean that we won't see other X-men movies. I have heard talk of there being a sequel where Wolverine is in Japan or something like that.

I think a Magneto movie would be great. Also, a Dr. Xavier movie would be EXTREMELY interesting as we have absolutely no back story on him. It sounds like a Magneto movie would also partly be an Xavier movie as the main plot would be their friendship and future rivalry.

The Deadpool movie would most likely NOT be an X-men movie. Deadpool is not an X-man and he had his own comic book series and all that so chances are it would be some continuation of his character in Wolverine but not be connected to X-men or very loosely connected.

The following stuff i made black so it can only be read if you highlight it. I made it this way because if you have yet to see the movie this could spoil some stuff, so those of you who have seen the movie feel free to read what i put and reply.

At the end of the movie after the credits, there are two different scenes that can be viewed. One of them has Stryker being stopped from his walk and told that he is being taken into questioning for the murder of some General. I'm not sure what significance this has.

The second scene you could possibly see is Deadpool reaching for his head and he looks at the screen (as if he's looking at the audience) and says "shhh" which means he's still alive and implies that he is going to return either in the next Wolverine movie or in his own movie. I would love for it to be his own movie because i didn't like him being a villain. He's a "hero" in his comic book series and in videogames like marvel ultimate alliance.

Steve

5/19/13
I think a Magneto movie would be great. Also, a Dr. Xavier movie would be EXTREMELY interesting as we have absolutely no back story on him. It sounds like a Magneto movie would also partly be an Xavier movie as the main plot would be their friendship and future rivalry.
is

According to Magneto's sypnosis, it's will revolve around him befriending Xavier and rescuing other mutants. So really it's kind of a film about both characters.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Well, just because they have a Wolverine franchise doesn't mean that we won't see other X-men movies.

I know it doens't mean they would shelve them all, but they held Magneto back to judge the response to Wolverine. The original idea was Wolverine was the first movie in a series of spin-offs with mutants in their own titles, but now it seems Wolverine might be it's own franchise. I personally don't think Magneto would create as much of a box office draw as Wolverine would.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I know it doens't mean they would shelve them all, but they held Magneto back to judge the response to Wolverine. The original idea was Wolverine was the first movie in a series of spin-offs with mutants in their own titles, but now it seems Wolverine might be it's own franchise. I personally don't think Magneto would create as much of a box office draw as Wolverine would.

I think it would. We know VERY little about Magneto and Xavier and it would basically be a movie about both of them at the same time. It would explain so many things about their rivalry and the different paths that they have chosen and it's those paths that have created the fight against mutants. Regardless of if people like Magneto or not, I think many people will go just because it has the X-men title to it. I was more excited to see other mutants in the Wolverine movie than I was to see Wolverine.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I saw the midnight showing. I enjoyed it, but it was seriously flawed. It was too rushed, and jumped from one scene to the next without developing any characters. Also, Gambit was wasted. I just don't understand the reasoning behind waiting four movies to put in a cool character like him (one the audience has been clamoring for since the first movie), and then only putting him in a few scenes. They need to give him his own movie.

Aside from that, it was an enjoyable popcorn film. On par with X3, but not as good as X1 or X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom