• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask What Does 'alternative Dimension' Mean to YOU in Majora's Mask?

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
-The manga. It's relativity with the game is questionable, however, so I'm not sure it counts.

Sorry, not canon, as Cfrock said

-That doesn't necessarily imply that Termina has to be a parallel dimension.

It implies that the rules that take effect in Termina vary from the rules that take effect in Hyrule, however, I just realized, the goddess of time also exists in Hyrule (Zelda stated it in the flashback where you learn the song of time), which leaves open the possibility that the song has the potential of rewinding time in Hyrule, if so the goddess wishes, I don't see good arguments for the hollow-earth theory

-Thank you, and no problem; it's surprisingly amazing for a foreigner. It definitely beats my mom's..and she's been here for 20 years :p

Thanks to you, I practice a lot :)

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
The problem with trying to be less literal with Termina's explanation as an 'alternate' world is that it's not the only other land mass we've ever seen in the series. If Termina as an 'alternate world' is actually somewhere else on the World, then the same applies to Skyloft. To Holodrum. To Labynna. None of which have that alternate world definition attached. The second closest you could bring it is to compare it to the Sacred Realm, Twilight Realm, Dark World, or other such alternate lands connected to Hyrule. Which makes more sense but means it's still not a land mass easily reached with a simple walk.

The idea of it being entirely parallel means it's not like any of the previously seen Countries, islands and Continents in the series. The other 'alternate' lands are all directly connected to Hyrule through one way or another (usually magical artifacts). Also unlike the other alternate lands, Termina isn't common knowledge to the inhabitants of Hyrule, though there are clearly connections in Termina that show Hylians have been by at least once in the past. Take of that what you will.

However though it is recognised to be an alternate land to Hyrule, I don't recall it ever being officially described as 'parallel'. If someone can correct me on that...

Cfrock

Keep it strong
However though it is recognised to be an alternate land to Hyrule, I don't recall it ever being officially described as 'parallel'. If someone can correct me on that...

Here you go.

Page 111 | Hyrule Historia

Page in the Hyrule Historia which specifically uses the word 'parallel'.

There is also this from page 6 of the Majora's Mask manual:

"This is a kind of parallel world that is similar yet different from the land of Hyrule, which was the setting for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time."

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Here you go.

Page 111 | Hyrule Historia

Page in the Hyrule Historia which specifically uses the word 'parallel'.

There is also this from page 6 of the Majora's Mask manual:

"This is a kind of parallel world that is similar yet different from the land of Hyrule, which was the setting for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time."

Fair enough.

Though the rest of my post still stands. :P

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
Although the size of the moon in MM is large enough to destroy clock town. According to the moon crashing scene, it destroys Clock Town and some of the area around it. In the woods where you first start the game, you can't see the moon. So, how would the Hylians know it? Also, this is just me, but I believe the two area are connected through the lost woods.

Although the size of the moon in MM is large enough to destroy clock town. According to the moon crashing scene, it destroys Clock Town and some of the area around it. In the woods where you first start the game, you can't see the moon. So, how would the Hylians know it? Also, this is just me, but I believe the two area are connected through the lost woods.

It's a parallel world, Nintendo made it as such an HH backs it up. It's NOT next to Hyrule. You can believe otherwise if you want, but official lore says it's a parallel dimension.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
I don't care what the timeline says, to me, Majora's Mask is a dream Link has shortly after his OoT adventures. I know its not "official", but it seems like a more logical (and simple) explanation than the crazy split timeline theories.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I don't care what the timeline says, to me, Majora's Mask is a dream Link has shortly after his OoT adventures. I know its not "official", but it seems like a more logical (and simple) explanation than the crazy split timeline theories.

Which are not theories but confirmed facts, you are free to not believe it, this is just me nitpicking the wording

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Lost woods is a freaky place where space bends back in on itself and where walking north can make you go south, is it so hard to conceive in such a place that it might end up taking a turn to another world entirely?

But the way i looked at it, with the background of the guardian gods of termina and the skull kid being there from the beginning of time as far as that world knows, If Termania was any ones dream, it was the skull kids dream (or at least from his mind), a world he made with the power of the mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom