• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Next Zelda Game Have a Difficulty Selection Before Playing?

I think that zelda should have a difficulty level selection before playing because I feel that this will help the series welcome both neebies and pros to the game. I aslo feel that nintendo has implimented this idea before such as master quest for ocarina of time and hero's quest in skyward sword but both haven't really given that feeling of playing at the level you want. I think it should be implimented. Give me your thoughts.

S

Sarah.Water

1 Hit Kills (Both ways)

Hmm... Good point; Personally I would like the Master Quest to be unlocked before you beat the Normal Quest in Zelda Ocarina Of Time on the 3DS. But if they make a selection, Be sure to make one with a 1 hit kill type of thing. That would be sweet.

Edit: I ment you die in 1 hit but now that I think of it; You could kill in 1 hit on the easiest level.

I love varity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not have an option in the menu to adjust difficulty as you play? If you want, keep it at the same level, if not you can change it. Game too easy? Up the difficulty without having to starting over. Too hard? Again, pause and lower it. Simple and effective.

Now if you mean difficulty like in the original LoZ where the puzzles all change, that would be more difficult. You's have to do it at the beginning. Otherwise, in game menu option please.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, it should. While I think Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword had the perfect difficulty level for Zelda, it's nice to have amped up difficulty in a second playthrough, and it's (sadly) the only way for complaints about the games being "too easy" to be silenced.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Depends on what the difficulty level entails, really. If it is a Hero Mode, no thanks. It doesn't change anything but the damage multipliers; the enemies are still stupid and the same thing. If it is a Master Quest or a Second Quest, yes. Because it changes what enemies are where AND the damage multiplier (in the case of MQ3D). That's an actual difficulty level apart from the regular quest. And it should be selectable at start, so that the
JuicieJ said:
Difficulty *****es
don't have a reason to ***** about the game being 'lulz too SS easy'. <<<<I'm included in that group

well I would love to see it made, perhaps through menu or the beginning, however it may be I want to see it because I love a good challenge.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
This is an interesting idea. I’m not sure though. I wouldn’t directly oppose a difficulty selection capability, but I think Zelda succeeds just fine with its universal difficulty level. Both young and old can find the games hard, but never too hard.

My full opinion on this isn’t formed yet, so I may have more to add later. Interesting idea though.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Yes and No. It's confusing.

If there was a difficulty option it'd put to rest complaints of a game being too easy or too hard.
But on the other hand, we wouldn't be able to compare the difficulty of a game to another since the game wouldn't have a set difficulty.

This is why I like Master or Second Quest type deals where you play through once, and if you're not satisfied, play through but in a more challenging environment.
Hero Mode was alright. While it was harder, it wasn't more challenging in the good way i'd want it to be. Just having stronger enemies and not being able to pick up hearts urked me

Pre game options

- difficulty mode
-Tutorial mode (so that length how-to-sections don't interrupt the game)

Though adding a difficulty level will probably mean no second quest. Hero mode exists as a harder mode, but just takes hearts away from you and makes enemies do more damage, it isnt actually any harder if you're good at the game. Difficulty should include the aggressiveness of the enemies and how much the can take while you pummel them, and perhaps the amount of enemies present in an area.

Perhaps that should be implimented as you progress in the game, although it has always done this but it hasn't really been done "right" since Legend of Zelda 2, that was fun.

bunny

birb overlord
I wouldn't really mind a difficulty level. I find that once I beat a Zelda game, the second playthrough is way easier. (Unless we're talking about Hero Mode in Skyward Sword. In which case, I didn't find much harder until I needed my Hylian shield...) I'd like every time I play Zelda to be a challenge.

So yeah, it's not a bad idea.

Zelda difficulty should be left in the players hands which I think is a way the company can help connect more with the fans by letting us have control of how we want to play (wii motion plus - thank you) and how hard we want it to be for those beginners and for those hard core.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Depends on what the difficulty level entails, really. If it is a Hero Mode, no thanks. It doesn't change anything but the damage multipliers; the enemies are still stupid and the same thing. If it is a Master Quest or a Second Quest, yes. Because it changes what enemies are where AND the damage multiplier (in the case of MQ3D). That's an actual difficulty level apart from the regular quest. And it should be selectable at start, so that the

MQ3D didn't change the enemy AI. At all. The game was just flipped and double damage was added (and the dungeons were different). So, in a sense, you're saying that we shouldn't have another Hero Mode, but that we should have another Hero Mode. Maybe you should clear the fog on you OoT goggles a bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom