• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Would You Rate Skyward Sword?

How would you rate Skyward Sword? (10 being best)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I gave it an 8. Skyward Sword is extremely fun to play with motion controls and probably has one of the best stories of the series so far, but Nintendo dropped the ball on a few little things that slightly hindered the experience for me. These include:

Lack of a huge and connected over-world
Repetitiveness in the boss battles
Too much linearity
Harp difficulties
Skyward strike difficulties
Poorly done collection and upgrade system
Hylia and Demise introductions to the series not handled correctly

There are a few other things that irked me, but a wider scope of the game proves it to be one of the best additions to the Zelda series yet. Like I said, 8 out of 10.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
9 out of 10

I literally loved the relationship between Link and Zelda! This is one the only games I've played where the two of them are actually close friends, and would probably be devastated at the deaths of one another. You may call a fan girl if you must (Heck, I call myself one!) but I also loved the little romance scenes. It was nice to not have to ship the romance in this game (Jk I dont do that... Honest!). I liked a lot of the new items, such as the beetle however I wasn't crazy about the harp or whip. The Demise battle was TOTALLY EPIC! I loved the lightning skyward strike... ehe heh heh looked so coool!

W

windwaker4ever

10, its the best zelda game i've ever played. best video game i've ever played!!

I'd give it a 9/10.

Pros:

- Story
- The relationship between Link and Zelda
- Temple designs
- Bosses (well most of them)
- The Bazaar and Skyloft in general
- Groose
- The provinces (I especially liked Faron)
- Silent Realms
- Upgrades
- Gameplay

Cons:

- Too linear
- Not enough to explore in the sky
- Fi being Captain Obvious (I do like her anyway though)
- The Imprisoned (he was a bit hard to take seriously with his design + too repetitive & annoying by the 2nd battle)

Sure SS has some flaws, like any game, but overall I think it's a great game and I enjoyed it very much.

6/10

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this game is overrated :lol:
In my opinion it was a step back. The overworld was boring.

Oh and I must add those controls are terrible :lol:
The controls make me want to kill my puppy :lol

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm leaning on a 7-8 at the moment. Skyward Sword is a fun experience, I can't say otherwise, but many of its elements are just...not good. The combat system being one of them.

I gave it the admittedly harsh rating of 3/10, though looking back, it probably deserves a 5 or 6/10 in by books (granted, I grade all games a tad harsh, with Ocarina of time probably being a 7.5/10 in by books.

Whenever I think of a specific Legend of Zelda game, I always tend to associate a game with a specific moment from the game. With Ocarina of time, I remember fighting Stalchildren in Hyrule field, with Twilight princess, I remember exploring the vast overworld and stumbling upon expansive caves. With Skyward Sword, however, I can only think of all the tedium, Fi over explaining the obvious, running back and forth through quicksand to gain access to the Lanayru Mining Facility, Tadtones. Its not to say I don't consider Skyward Swords good aspects (which in my opinion, equate only to its story elements).

I really expected Skyward Sword to be an evolution of the Zelda series, but it ended up feeling like one step forward, two steps back. Wii motionplus made combat more immersive, yet every enemy could be defeated using more or less the same strategy. The World had more depth, but became horrifically Linear, we were given two worlds (Skyloft and the Surface) to explore, yet both of these areas combined was still smaller and more shallow than the single overworlds presented to us in previous installments in the series.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I give Skyward Sword a 10/10.

The game excelled in pretty much all areas. Everything that makes a Zelda game “good” was in this game. The music was fantastic, the story was very deep, the NPCs were very interesting and weird as ever, the villain(s) were simply amazing, the bosses were awesome, the dungeons were difficult and geniusly designed, the world design was great, and so on. I think the game set a new standard for the Zelda series; just as Ocarina of Time did back in 1998.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I actually keep a top 25 list of video games and Skyward Sword comes in at 7th all time at 98%.

Yeah I know, I'm pathetic...

V

Vankpker034

Easily my favourite Zelda game of all time. Loved every minute of it and I didn't mind how the over world was in this game. I actually enjoyed it. My favourite character in the game easily has to be Zelda because she actually shows real emotions and gets you attached to her unlike in other Zelda games where it'd be more interesting to watch grass grow then read her dialogue. That was the flaw I had with almost every Zelda game until now.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I actually keep a top 25 list of video games and Skyward Sword comes in at 7th all time at 98%.

Yeah I know, I'm pathetic...
I wouldn't call you pathetic, but I'd love to know why you would dare to place SS at 7th place...

Short and sweet: There are some faults in the game, but as a whole, quite an amazing game. I would feel bad giving it anything less than a 10/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom