• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Do You Think the Zelda Franchise Will Go on For?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Its 26 years now since the original Legend of Zelda and that is a pretty long time and now with 16 games, as well as remakes and a couple of spin offs, the Zelda series has proved to be one of the most consistent game franchises in history!

I think its time to ask the question how long will the Zelda franchise go on for or at least still keep its magic as recently i think Final Fantasy has lost its magic and it now seems like a dying franchise which once was up there with the Zelda franchise. So this just makes me wonder how long can Nintendo keep Zelda going?

In my opinion i cant see this series ending any time soon or ever but what i mainly mean is, will Zelda lose its magic over the next decade or so what with all the new technology and next gen consoles soon to come?

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
tomorrow you'll wake up and there'll be no more Zelda. I'm sorry that's the way it is.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I definitely understand what he means about Final Fantasy. XIII and XIII-2 were terrible games IMO! It's a series that has been going on as long as Zelda, so I do wonder if Zelda will ever lose it's magic. I mean let's be realistic, we can't just assume Zelda will never die because of how awesome it is. I'm not saying it will end anytime soon, but as Miyamoto gets older and the series gets passed down to Aonuma and whoever after him, I'm not sure it will retain the same magic as the older games. Becoming a Final Fantasy is definitely a possibility, but I do not think it will happen anytime soon. Zelda might be halfway through it's life cycle, I think.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well all i can say is as long as the community is strong then sure the Zelda series will continue its just i wondered if it might lose its magic.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
The franchise is still going strong after all of this time. As long as it's making them money, I can't imagine they're going to stop any time soon.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think and I hope that Zelda will never discontinue and will stay the same for the most part, seeing that it is the highest rated franchise of all time (or one of them). So I think Zelda will go on forever.

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
ETERNITY!!
Zelda is THE unexterminatable because it is protected by Link!!
I don't know how to make a spoiler alert so i'm not going to write it but look at the homepage:
Death Battle: Link Vs. Cloud
When you watched THAT, then we'll talk!

The Legend of Zelda series is a classic; as long as the market still exists for it than Nintendo will keep making them. I don't think the demand for Zelda games will go anytime soon, especially since the Wii U -- a dramatic improvement from the Nintendo Wii -- is coming around the corner. I think it's safe to say that Zelda as a franchise is safe for the next five years, perhaps even a decade? Certainly longer than Final Fantasy IMO!

Whether or not it looses its appeal or strays away from the traditions of the franchise is a whole new subject altogether. With Miyamoto aging (his death will shake the world more so than Michael Jackson's death IMO) Zelda is growing closer to losing its creator. The creator that created (lol) all the traditions we have embraced in the Zelda series. Whether or not Aounama can maintain and encompass all of the staple mechanics in future installments is questionable, but I have faith in Miyamoto that he is teaching him well.

Z

ZorAngelo

Zelda game's formula is perfect, 'cause ir can survive forever! There always will be a Link incarnation, Hyrule (or any other realm they want) will always need help, and there will alway be vilains who will need to be stoped, the evil never dies!

The formula of the sword hero, in the magic medieval kingdon is perfect, works since always, and will work until the end. If it's Zelda, then, well...

As long as nintendo continues producing high quality zelda games and doesn't slack off, I don't see the series ending for quite awhile! And by that I mean in our lifetime. It will continue for a very long time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom