• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on Sonic R?

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Sonic_R_logo.jpg

This thread was created to expand on a heated shoutbox debate I had. The debate was on the foot racing game, Sonic R.
I Personally loved the game, maybe because it was my first racer, the hours of fun me and my brother had, forming new methods and learning how to get faster times (Knuckle's gliding was great). Yet many don't like it. They claim it was terrible, soundtrack sucked, etc. Personally, I liked the soundtrack, it was pretty catchy. The thoughts are varied, and I know mine are biased, but I want to know your thoughts!

Dan

I love this game for it's superb soundtrack !
It's 5 cm draw distance which presents a real challenge in two player.

Oh and tails doll.

Fig

The Altruist
I love that game very much and I really hope that SEGA/Nintendo can bring it back as a remake! Despite at what I just said right now, I always asked myself this question in any racing game that Sonic has been involved in:

Why make a racing game with Sonic in the first place? Sonic is the fastest thing alive, so there's no point to even play those games! :xd: :lol:
Anyone who has ever said that and agrees with me, like this post! :xd:

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I actually thought about that in the racing sub-game of Sonic Adventure 2

I wanted to like it, I remember years and years ago i saw it advertised on TV but i never got to play it until much later.

When i eventually got it (as part of a sonic collection disc) it was the first game i loaded. I loved the, by now, dated graphics and i loved the idea... a super-fast racing game on foot?! Only Sonic! but when the first race loaded and i began the gameplay instantly turned me off. Like many other 3d sonic games i'd played before hand, it was hard to control sonic, or any character for that matter, the physics didn't feel right to me and it just didn't feel like a racing game... the best way i could describe it to play would be controlling a drunk hippo on roller-skates.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I haven't played much of Sonic R because my collection Sonic disc was given back tot he owner, but it was very fun for the short while! The soundtrack was amazing!!

Dan

I haven't played much of Sonic R because my collection Sonic disc was given back tot he owner, but it was very fun for the short while! The soundtrack was amazing!!

Be a real man and get the original on saturn You don't get the 5cm draw distance otherwise.

It is a pretty fun game, I remember playing it a lot when I got Sonic Gems Collection. Also it has Tails Doll. The soundtrack is pretty cool as well and the game is pretty challenging at times.

Dan

One of the worst Sonic games if not the worst Sonic game ever made. I'm surprised that there are people who actually like this game.

You offended sonic Labyrinth, say sorry right now.
250px-Sonic_Labyrinth_Coverart.png

It's no way the worse sonic game out there :P
You must of been playing the game on mute. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom