• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Did You Dislike About OoT

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
The only thing that irks me about OoT is riding Epona in Hyrule Field. It's a bit too buggy. Sometimes you'd be riding at full speed, and then you'd come to a small hill, and Epona gets, like, scared of it for some reason. For instance: if you try to cross the bridge to Kakariko going too fast, then Epona stops, bucks, and walks backwards.

It totally kills the momentum of the game.

Other than that... nothing. Masterpiece.

R

rocker_3

well obviosly nobody liked the water temple, and no is allowed to complain about epone since this was the first ever game to include horseback riding.
the thing that makes me mad is that even though its like the 4th or 5th game in the series, its supposed to be the 1st in the timeline, and it just left me asking for more

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I really did not have anything I disliked about OoT. One thing I wish was different, was the ability to skip cutscenes. But sometimes they were informative, so I see why they would not want you to skip them. Also as MOS3 previously stated, I would ahve liked there to be the original Zelda theme. Other then that, the game was pretty good. The Water Temple was a bit frustrating at times, but that does not mean it was bad. (At least in my mind)

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
The only thing that irks me about OoT is riding Epona in Hyrule Field. It's a bit too buggy. Sometimes you'd be riding at full speed, and then you'd come to a small hill, and Epona gets, like, scared of it for some reason. For instance: if you try to cross the bridge to Kakariko going too fast, then Epona stops, bucks, and walks backwards.

It totally kills the momentum of the game.

Exactly this, and a few other reasons.

The other thing I hated about Ocarina of Time was not being able to skip cutscenes, which was very, very annoying. Another than that annoyed me was falling off the bridge in Gerudo Valley as a child, it sent you all the way back to Lake Hylia, along with that, Young Link is slow, because he can't use Epona, or anything like a skateboard. :P

Another thing was the Owl, ... for a few reasons, one: Because I couldn't pronounce his name, ( -.- ) and two: He'd just go on and on with boring information, and if you pressed the wrong answer by accident, he'd say it all again, back in the day I use to accidently keep telling him to say what he said again, which drove me insane.

And lastly: All the secret keys in the Water Temple, though I was smart on my first try, by not going through any doors with a keyhole until I had explored the rest of the temple I had access to, this was very helpful. And ended up saving me from going all the way back at one point.

The other thing was the easy mini-boss. Sure, it may have been hard if you were fighting normally, but you could easily cheat your way out with some weapons/spells such as Din's Fire, Biggoron Sword, Broken Biggoron Sword and the Megaton Hammer.

S

Spreeze

What I did not like about Ocarina of Time:
  • When you talked to people, you couldn't fast forward thru the text or exit out or anything. That was really annoying.
  • The world seemed kind of small... I wish there were more areas.
  • The camera angles in Hyrule castle Market Town (or whatever you call it) annoyed me.
  • I loved the ending of the game, but was confused by it. So, I hate the ending for making me confused. But I still love it. *hugs ending*
  • Don't like those green spinny things that pop up when you walk around in the Desert Collusous. ESPECAILLY as young Link when they're twice your size.
  • Keese. Just... Keese.
  • Oh, and LikeLikes. They were annoying. Eatin' mah shields.
  • Navi... especially when you're in the Sacred Forest Meadow trying to get past the maze of Moblins and she interrupts you saying "LETZ G0 2 S33 SARIA LINK LOL". Made me mad. Where does she think I was going?!
But I suppose I can't really complain about the enemies as they are supposed to be annoying. And Navie IS helpful if you take a break from playing and forget where you left off. Overall, this game is definately one of my favorite games for N64.
Oh, wait. One more complaint: (SPOILERS FROM HERE DOWN)

• In the end of the game, when you see the cut-scene where Link becomes a kid again, Navi just randomly flys away into a window. She just leaves and doesn't even say goodbye! I mean, after how annoying she was, and she just flys away. Doesn't even say, "Goodbye, Link! It's been fun working with you!" Or, "Bye, Link! I'll miss you!" No. Just leaves. At first I laughed, but now it upsets me. Hehe.

OoT has terrible replay value. It's the same the entire time. Never changes. In Majora's Mask, at least there's a decent amount of side quests to do. The only ones I can think of from OoT are the Masks (which I hated, BTW) and getting Epona. I like it when your game experience changes each time you play.

S

Super Goombario

Actually, there were many other sidequests. Getting the Poes, getting the Biggoron sword, learning the Song of Storms (which is required actually), etc

Other than the biggoron Sword, I wouldn't consider the others side-quests. Getting poes is only two steps: kill the poes and sell 'em. Song of Storms, again, is short. Talk to the windmill guy when you're old, then play it when you're a kid. too short.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I didn't like the freakin owl. He was soooo annoying and I would just be pressing b over and over and then accidently hit ''LISTEN TO MY EXPLANATION AGAIN'' and be sitting there for 25 more years. It was awful. It is still painful to talk about. ;)

S

Spreeze

Oh, I'm going to add one more thing. I hate when you get low on health and it makes that annoying beeping noise. It makes me mute my TV 'till I find some recovery hearts! :xd:

Oh, I'm going to add one more thing. I hate when you get low on health and it makes that annoying beeping noise. It makes me mute my TV 'till I find some recovery hearts! :xd:

Haven't they done that in like ... every zelda game? I'm not sure about AoL, but I'm pretty sure otherwise we've never seen one without that.

Soo ... I guess you'd better just get used to that :)

Although, they could've made it quieter.

Shnappy

derp
For me OoT had a slow start, which is talking about the first 4-5 dungeons. I'm not sure why, they just weren't interesting and it wasn't as fun to play the game until it got to events around the Water, Shadow, and Spirit Temples. Those were all very unique dungeons.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Haven't they done that in like ... every zelda game? I'm not sure about AoL, but I'm pretty sure otherwise we've never seen one without that.
It does make a noise in AoL when you're low on health, I just don't know how to describe it. :P

Another annoying thing: When you're searching for skulltulas you pretty much have to do the whole game over. >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom