• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW: 100 Years After OoT? No.

Unless his minions managed revive Ganon (Which is a huge possibility) there's no way that's the same Ganon. I'm 50-50 on the same-different theory. I think there's a huge possibility of him being different.
That's what I've always thought. Either he was revived, never died, or managed to live on as a spirit somehow and come back (and I'm pretty sure that happened at least once, although I couldn't really say where.)

Z

Zero the Cursed

i think that the triforce has always brought him back.

they are the same people on different timelines. i dont get why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

I find it to be quite easy to believe that Ganon/dorf is the same person throughout the entire series. I've studied the different theories in this section, and with almost all of them, it's very easy to see how Ganon/dorf is the same. On a side note, how could there be different Ganons and Ganondorfs?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I find it to be quite easy to believe that Ganon/dorf is the same person throughout the entire series. I've studied the different theories in this section, and with almost all of them, it's very easy to see how Ganon/dorf is the same. On a side note, how could there be different Ganons and Ganondorfs?

there are two timelines. we know this for a fact. that means that there are 2 Ganondorfs, Links, Royal Families, Hyrules etc..

i never said that they werent the same Ganondorf, they are the same Ganondorf existing in two different timelines. they have the same memories of their childhood and the same asperations and thoughts and personality (depending on experiences that the other hasnt had). they just are in two different dimensions/timelines/realities.

there are two timelines. we know this for a fact. that means that there are 2 Ganondorfs, Links, Royal Families, Hyrules etc..

i never said that they werent the same Ganondorf, they are the same Ganondorf existing in two different timelines. they have the same memories of their childhood and the same asperations and thoughts and personality (depending on experiences that the other hasnt had). they just are in two different dimensions/timelines/realities.

That's kinda what I meant. The Ganon/dorfs in each timeline would essentially be the exact same, and would both have the memories of OoT.

Wow, we actually agree on something. :D

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Err, what exactly are you trying to get at Axle? By the way you said it, it sounded like you were implying that TP takes place in the same timeline between OoT & TWW, which has been previously established in the posts above as highly improbable. So can you clarify what exactly you mean when you say the series as a whole, because with the split timeline you can't really look at it as a whole because OoT divides it in 2.

And I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but I'm a bit confused on where you're trying to place TP.

Err, what exactly are you trying to get at Axle? By the way you said it, it sounded like you were implying that TP takes place in the same timeline between OoT & TWW, which has been previously established in the posts above as highly improbable. So can you clarify what exactly you mean when you say the series as a whole, because with the split timeline you can't really look at it as a whole because OoT divides it in 2.

And I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but I'm a bit confused on where you're trying to place TP.
Whether or not the timeline splits, I believe it's the same Ganon in every game.

You can't argue with that, really. It's the same Ganon in both TP and WW, the only difference is that the events of the games happen in alternate timelines.

(Either way, I don't believe in the timeline split, but that's not the point of what I was saying.)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Whether or not the timeline splits, I believe it's the same Ganon in every game.

You can't argue with that, really. It's the same Ganon in both TP and WW, the only difference is that the events of the games happen in alternate timelines.

no one is or has denied that its the same Ganon/dorf. some people believe that at a certain point in the series (FSA) that a new Ganondorf may have been born, but i dont agree with that.

(Either way, I don't believe in the timeline split, but that's not the point of what I was saying.)

the creators have confirmed that the timeline is split many years ago. now we all know they have changed their minds on some things they have stated but this is one of the few things they have never questioned or change their minds on.

no one is or has denied that its the same Ganon/dorf. some people believe that at a certain point in the series (FSA) that a new Ganondorf may have been born, but i dont agree with that.

the creators have confirmed that the timeline is split many years ago. now we all know they have changed their minds on some things they have stated but this is one of the few things they have never questioned or change their minds on.
I know, I was just stating what I meant to LinkAlmighty. ;)

Really? Wasn't aware of that. I personally think that was a mistake on their part... but, whatever. I guess you're right then. ^^

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Well I do believe it's the same Ganon/dorf in each game, I believe that there is two versions of him on opposite ends of the timeline. But what I was asking was where you were trying to put TP not if there is one Ganon/dorf or not, and you answered it by saying you don't believe in the split timeline.

I do not really get why people do not believe in an official detail of a timeline, except that Nintendo changes the details so much that it really is all over the place, but I'm not here to discuss the exsitence of the split, I'm just here to debate on TP's placement. It'll be difficult for us to see eye to eye however since we believe in entirely different timelines but I'll try anyway using what's in the games rather than Nintendo's statements.

Now the BS of WW did say no hero appeared which would place WW directly after OoT because it says there was no Link in between. Now people say that with the flood, memory of the hero would be lost so I can not disprove of the exsitence of a game between OoT & WW. Instead the most I can do unfortunately is look at the split in OoT so just bear with me.

At the end of OoT all the sages are awakened & have sealed Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm (think that's it's name) along with his ToP and all ends happy. So if he was sealed away, why would he be on trial for trying to break into the realm (can't remember if this was what he was "charged" with. (OBJECTION!)

Now we turn to the split part where Link never drew the MS and Ganondorf was found out before he could put his plans into action. So most likely he would have been thrown in jail or something & then somehow he escaped & tried to break into the sacred realm to obtain the Triforce. Now if he succeded on getting in, it would have gone the same way as in OoT and split up, only giving him Power because that's what he most believes in. This would explain why they all have their Triforce parts in TP. So it seems he tried to take over again & this time the sages decided to end him but failed due to the ToP. Now if the sages in OoT knew of his Triforce piece, why would they be surprised to see it in TP? This means that they have to be different sages.
Then later Link comes & seemingly kills him & Ganondorf's ToP disappears & the end. Now if WW followed TP how would he have regained the ToP & if he was killed this would destroy the need for the flood. So both end with Ganondorf dead in a ways (TP-still standing, WW-becomes the new pedestal of time) So with the way things currently are, TP has a low chance of proceeding TWW. For this to happen another game would need to be made to fill in the holes.

And we all agree that with the number of holes in the series a good amount of games need to be made to connect them successfuly.

Last edited:

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Oh, wait, did you just accept that there is a split timeline? If so than my post was pointless than. Either way it's an interesting theory and no theories can be completely disapproved until a game or Nintendo does so.

Jacensolo retranslated one of the lines that Aonuma said when he said that TP takes place a hundred years after the child ending and TWW takes place 100 years after the Adult ending.

He retranslated it as hundreds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom