• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW: 100 Years After OoT? No.

I have heard that Nintendo officially stated (I myself have no proof of it and am not certain that they really did) that The Wind Waker takes place one hundred years after Ocarina of Time. Since Twilight Princess also takes place one hundred years after OoT, that makes them both alternate timelines.

However, I've never thought it possible for WW to take place only one hundred years after OoT. It's just not long enough for everyone to, key words here, forget about Hyrule.

But strengthening my stance on this, I was playing WW the other day and the King of Red Lions clearly states that HUNDREDS of years have passed since the flood. Plural.

This implies to me that TP could actually take place between OoT and WW, rather than replacing WW in the timeline.

D

DekuLink

It's possible that they were misquoted in saying 100 and possibly said hundreds (Or possibly a mistranslation in the game), but this doesn't change the fact that the games are both in different timelines. (See the sages)

It's possible that they were misquoted in saying 100 and possibly said hundreds, but this doesn't change the fact that the games are both in different timelines. (See the sages)
I see no reason why the sages place them in different timelines, but then again, I don't actually have TP.

Could you explain?

(And you're right, that is possible about them being misquoted.)

Z

Zero the Cursed

that's an interesting theory axle. i would have to agree with u on the second part.

D

DekuLink

Well in TWW you can see the seven "awakened" sages at the bottom of Hyrule castle with the different people (Saria, Ruto, ect.). That is because it's after Link killed Ganondorf with the sages that he awakened. And they sealed him away. In TWW he got out and wreaked havoc across Hyrule.

But in TP, the sages are the same. Because they weren't awakened (When Link went back before they were). Plus, the sages found Ganondorf and a bunch of thieves committing crimes (Not sure, living on memory here) and that's when they went on to judge him with that huge *** sword.

Thus placing them in their respective timelines. Once again Nintendo: This is what you get for putting gameplay before story.

Well in TWW you can see the seven "awakened" sages at the bottom of Hyrule castle with the different people (Saria, Ruto, ect.). That is because it's after Link killed Ganondorf with the sages that he awakened. And they sealed him away. In TWW he got out and wreaked havoc across Hyrule.

But in TP, the sages are the same. Because they weren't awakened (When Link went back before they were). Plus, the sages found Ganondorf and a bunch of thieves committing crimes (Not sure, living on memory here) and that's when they went on to judge him with that huge *** sword.

Thus placing them in their respective timelines. Once again Nintendo: This is what you get for putting gameplay before story.
Sages are the same? Same as what? All I can see is that they've got special garb. I could be mistaken.

If that's the case, though, they could be the same "awakened" sages, just wearing the same clothing, making them somewhat generic.

D

DekuLink

They're all plain white with no faces other than some floating masks. They all are identical except for the sign.

Sage.png

Yeah, I know what they look like.

I still think Nintendo could have just given the sages some weird new generic look, but still intend them to be the same as the awakened sages...

Actually, the fact that they're all identical implies to me that it's more possible that I'm right than if they looked different, but were still masked/covered.

D

DekuLink

There are a couple more things to prove that TP is in the child timeline. I can't think of any off the top of my head right now. Any fellow ZDers wanna come swing the bat over here?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
There are a couple more things to prove that TP is in the child timeline. I can't think of any off the top of my head right now. Any fellow ZDers wanna come swing the bat over here?

ill take it from here.

the BS for WW says that the HoT saved the day and then disappeared. Ganondorf escaped and the people prayed for the HoT to return but he didnt and because there was no one to stop Ganondorf, the goddesses flooded Hyrule.

now, in TP we get told a BS later on in the game that talks about Ganondorf being up for execution. they couldnt kill him so they sent him to the twilight realm. he plots to escape but ultimately fails.

now heres the best point im gonna make.

in WW, Ganondorf was said to have escaped his prison, thus leading to the flooding of Hyrule.

at the end of TP, Ganondorf is killed, not sealed in a different realm. if Ganondorf is killed at the end of TP then how does he "escape his prison" as the BS of WW says? there is no talk of ressurections or anything like that so its obvious they are different timelines. also, WW makes a big deal about the HoT. the whole reason that Link even goes on an adventure is because its his islands tradition to go out and fight monsters in honor of the HoT (HoT is hero of time by the way). TP has absolutely NO MENTION of the HoT.

D

DekuLink

ill take it from here.

the BS for WW says that the HoT saved the day and then disappeared. Ganondorf escaped and the people prayed for the HoT to return but he didnt and because there was no one to stop Ganondorf, the goddesses flooded Hyrule.

I COMPLETELY forgot about this. See how bad my memory is when I'm sick? :sick:

ill take it from here.

now, in TP we get told a BS later on in the game that talks about Ganondorf being up for execution. they couldnt kill him so they sent him to the twilight realm. he plots to escape but ultimately fails.

now heres the best point im gonna make.

in WW, Ganondorf was said to have escaped his prison, thus leading to the flooding of Hyrule.

at the end of TP, Ganondorf is killed, not sealed in a different realm. if Ganondorf is killed at the end of TP then how does he "escape his prison" as the BS of WW says? there is no talk of ressurections or anything like that so its obvious they are different timelines. also, WW makes a big deal about the HoT. the whole reason that Link even goes on an adventure is because its his islands tradition to go out and fight monsters in honor of the HoT (HoT is hero of time by the way). TP has absolutely NO MENTION of the HoT.
Well, you bring up a good point there, then. I still think it doesn't definitely imply anything for certain... but I'll leave it alone and say you have a very good point and are very possibly right.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
im also pretty sure that there are creator quotes where they say that TP takes place 100 years after OoT on the child timeline.

Ganon has been killed many times, just like there's many different Link's. in LoZ, Ganon is killed, because AoL, his minions are trying to revive him, if he didn't die, they wouldn't try to do that.

Anyway, The Twilight Princess Ganon and the Wind Waker Ganon could be totally different people.

Ganon has been killed many times, just like there's many different Link's. in LoZ, Ganon is killed, because AoL, his minions are trying to revive him, if he didn't die, they wouldn't try to do that.

Anyway, The Twilight Princess Ganon and the Wind Waker Ganon could be totally different people.
I'm nearly dead certain that it has always been the same Ganon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom