• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Top 10 Moments. (From the Zelda Games I Have Actually Beaten)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
So I decided that I would post my top ten moments in my Zelda experience. This includes some sad moments, moments where I was so freaked out I had to pause the game to go pee, moments where I was like 'Heck yeah!' and moments where I was just like FrogMyLinens! (The act of rubbing a frog on your linens.) This is all my opinion (in other words, possibly biased in your opinion). I will give a warning, there is a spoiler of Skyward Sword in here.

10. Freeing the Deku Princess in Majora's Mask.
I think this is kind of a heart-warming scene between Father and Daughter and then the Daughter is like, Why were you so creul?!

9. Zelda sealing herself away.
In my experience, I kind of started to yell at her. I was like, 'I just died who knows how many times and you're going to seal yourself away in a I can't handle this manner?! FrogMyLinens!!' After cooling off a little bit, I was like, this is so heartbreaking! And I sniffled a little bit then moved on in the game.

8. Skull Kid in Ocarina of Time (future)
So I got completely confusedand ended up going up on the peadstool to play my ocarina and try to be like 'Hey Skull Kid! Remember me? I was in a food coma for seven years!' And then he starts spitting things at me! I (being the angry red headed gamer I am) tried to attack him, didn't quite work out.

7. Sacred Duet (Spirit Tracks)
Not the best part to get to in a game while your on a school bus. But I love the music! I even figured out how to play it on my flute and piccolo!

6. Lost woods in Twilight Princess
I like this a lot because once you get lost, you don't go back to the beginning like in the Ocarina of Time, you basically have to retrace your steps. It's a great challenge! And then there's those random puppet thingys that randomly stalk you. I kkind of lioke those because they're a great way to practice the Hidden Skills you obtain in the game.

5. Beating Ganondorf in Wind Waker.
I find this an epic way to have the game play ended with Ganondorf being sealed up like a stone statue (or something along the lines of this). It's one of my favorite parts of the game!

4. Zelda's Goodbye (Ocarina of Time)
This is kind of another heart-breaking scene in the game. Basically what it is (in my perspective), is she's sending you back to being made fun of by your fellow Kokiri (I think that's the correct spelling) in the woods an reminding you that the Deku Tree died. I love though that the very end shows them (Link and Zelda) meeting in the courtyard.

3. Fi's Slumber in the Sword
I think I was the closest to tears in this one than I was in the other moments of my gaming experience (which is a lot of times). Even after yelling at Fi for useless information hundreds of times, I still didn't want her to leave!

2. Linebeck actually having a heart! (Phantom Hourglass)
I love this, because throughout the game Linebeck is a big scaredy cat jerk! In the end, he actually stands up to Bellum! (and then gets possesed and tries to kill you)

1. Midna's Farewell (Twilight Princess)
Everytime I beat the game (which has been at least 20 times), I always try not to cry. Mainly because, a) Minda is my favorite character throughout the game, b) she shatters the Mirror of Twilight, an c) I find it kind of obvious that she loves Link.

So this is all my opinion, what are your top 10 moments? (Sorry if this sounds a little offensive to you. I've been watching Jenna Marbles videos and disscussing ways to get rid of my horrid band director with my friends on Facebook for the past hour. And I was kidding with the food coma bit. It's a reference to Sailor Moon Abridged. I really do find it auhmazizing that Link was sealed away in the Chamber of Sages for 7 years so he could be the chosen hero! And I'm dead serious with FrogMyLinens, I have no clue what you guys think that means, but whatever it is, I soooooo DO NOT mean that.)

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
1. When Link stabs Ganon on the head (ww)
2. Ghiraham trolls link, when your about to talk to Zelda and hes like, "i dont think so!" (SS)
3. This is hard to think of of the top of my head :S

Woo another list thread, i promise i'll keep it brief ;)

10. After Lanayru Mining Facility - Skyward Sword

9. Duel on the bridge of Eldin - Twilight Princess

8. Rescuing Zelda from Hyrule Castle - A Link To the Past

7. Meeting Shiek for the first time - Ocarina of Time

6. Face-planting the Tower of the Gods - Wind Waker

5. Opening scene - Majora's Mask

4. Fierce Deity and the Four Giants - Majora's Mask

3. Ending Scene - Ocarina of Time

2. Ending scene/Zant head-tilt - Twilight Princess

1. Hyrule King's sacrifice - Wind Waker

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
20 Touching Moments in the Zelda series (That I can remember) (No Particualr Order)

Marin and Link - Link's Awakening.
Defeating Ganandorf - Wind Waker
Saving Zelda - A Link to the Past
Saving Zelda - Minish Cap
Saving Aryll - Wind Waker
Reuniting Anju and Kafei - Majora's Mask
Zelda sealing herself Away - Skyward Sword
Zelda Awakening - Skyward Sword
Fi's goodbye - Skyward Sword
Skyward Sword's Ending
Skull Kid - Twilight Princess (Because he remembers the "boy from the forest")
Navi's Goodbye - Ocarina of Time
Linebeck's True Character - Phantom Hourglass
Hero's Shade - Twilight Princess
Midna's Goodbye - Twilight Princess
King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule's Death (King of Red Lions) - Wind Waker
Daramani's Story - Majora's Mask
The Flute Boy - A Link to the Past
Elzo's Goodbye - Minish Cap
The very Last Scene - Spirit Tracks

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
It's an inside joke, my friends little sister asked her what fml means and that's what we came up with.
Lol that's priceless! Now that I think about it, I wouldnt be surprised if Link was thinking "fml" when Zelda sealed herself in that crystal. On a site with funny facebook fails, there was a story about somebody's mom asking what a bunch of those acronyms meant, and they totally trolled her. Like "nsfw" was "nice, safe, fun, and wholesome". "fml" was "feeling mighty loved" but yours is funnier.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
10. Getting Epona in OoT

9. Jumping across Gerudo valley with Epona in OoT

8. The Ending to TP

7. Getting the Fierce Diety's Mask in MM

6. The Revealing of Ghirahim's true form in SS

5. The Ending to OoT

4. Collin pushing Beth and saving her from being kidnapped in TP

3. Watching the moon fall on Termina :P in MM

2. Ganondorf becoming Ganon in OoT

1. The Ending to AoL (one of the most rare scenes in Zelda history ;))

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1. Pulling the Master Sword (OoT and TP) - this is the most epic thing that ever happens in a Zelda game. Like ever.
2. Realizing I'm an adult (OoT)
3. Learning ANY hidden skill (TP) - I love the sheathing thing that Link does in this game. unfortunately SS didn't make use of it, it's so bad***.
4. Kicking Ganondorf's tail (OoT) - Play a deadly form of tennis? Sure, but you get light arrows to YOUR FACE!
5. Roflstomping Ganondorf (TP) - He lets out a loud cry.
6. Roflstomping Goht (MM, only one time have I ever done this despite beating the boss a many number of times)
7. Roflstomping myself via glitches (OoT) - Lol megaflip into lava, gives me a death.
8. Beating the tar out of Majora (MM) - Fierce Deity Mask + a magic meter = lolpwned
9. Jumping off of a ledge in Kokiri Forest with a bomb (OoT) - this led to me death, but it's funny EVERY time.
10. Infinite bomb arrowing everything in CoO (TP)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
3. Learning ANY hidden skill (TP) - I love the sheathing thing that Link does in this game. unfortunately SS didn't make use of it, it's so bad***.

You mean the Mortal Draw? That's my favorite Hidden Skill! I was kind of sad to the Skyward Sword didn't make use of it too! That would have been epic to do with motion controls!

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
Mine would have to be...

10) Defeating Phantom Ganon in OoT. Yeah, it took me so long the first time I got the game

9) Bridge scene in TP. I kep falling off. :O

8) Starting a new Zelda Game! AHHHH!!!!

7) Zelda sealing herself in that carmel thing (IDK) I almost cried. I dies for her. 13 times in fact and this is what she does to me.

6) Watching Zelda give up herself for Midna in TP. Another moment I got a little teary eyed the first time.

5) Learning every hidden skill, my favorite is help splitter. I use it on everything.

4) Midna's goodbye in TP. I didn't want her to go. She was like awesome.

3) Fi going back to the sword in SS. Yeah it annoyed me so much when she told me it was 83% that Zelda went in that direction but it was still sad.

2) Defeating Zant in TP and watching Midna blow him up. I laughed so hard I fell. ;)

1) Defeating Ganondorf in any game except SS obviously :). I just felt so happy every time! :D

View attachment 26518
BEST GAME EVER!!!!
Game 100% completed: TP, MM, OoT, LoZ, FSA, SS, ALttP, OoS and OoA, WW, and ST.
Game completed but not 100%: LA, MC, PH
Game never completed: AoL

Last edited:
H

hunterw04

10 - Link leaving Saria
9 - Great Deku Tree's death
8 - Navi leaving Link at the end of Ocarina of Time
7 - Saria telling you that she is the sage I was like WTF
6 - The end of the world in Majora's Mask
5 - Zelda turning you to a kid at the end of OoT
4 - Epona being taken from Link
3 - Skull Kid's backstory
2 - Getting the elegy of Emptiness, I was OH NO, I get Ben, I was scared and turned off my console
1 - The saddest scene, the Anju and Kafei side quest

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
10. Lightning Skyward Strikes in Skyward Sword

Enough said, it's lightning.

9. Zelda and Link duet it Spirit Tracks

It's a great song, one of my favorites in the series. It's also a great ending to, in my opinion, one of the weaker Zeldas.

8. The Silver Arrow killing Ganon in zelda 1

An epic finish to the first of the epic franchise. He turned to dust. He wasn't sealed, he wasn't just left to die, he exploded.

7. Pulling the Master Sword in A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess

One of those iconic things in the zelda series. Each one gives a little nostalgia of the earlier ones.

6. The final blow to Ganondorf in Wind Waker

A sword to the forehead, in an epic location. And he still lives to say his final words.

5. First seeing the landscape of the moon in Majora's Mask

Who knew there were tress in the moon?

4. Epona after jousting on the Bridge of Eldin in Twilight Princess

I chose this one over riding her in Ocarina of time because of the twilight in the background, and just how awesome link looks with his sword

3. Calling the giants in Majora's Mask

These huge things catching the moon. I think that's pretty cool

2. Playing the instruments in front of the Windfish's egg in Link's Awakening

I love this song as well, and I love the game as a whole. This ending is absolutely amazing.

Tied for 1. "I'll always be your Zelda" Zelda being sealed in SS, and Anju and Kafei waiting out the destruction of the world together

The only times a Zelda game managed to make me cry.

After all this time chasing her, you find out you can't even have a little bit of time together, and that she's effectively dead until you save her. And her speech is just...

These two lovers, stricken by tragedy, live out there last moments together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom