• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sequels to Your Favourite Games

Nice and simple

1. Would you like to see a sequel to one of your favourite games?

2. What would you want from the sequel if it were to be made;
i.e- returning characters, prequel/sequel story, changes to gameplay etc etc

For me; I'd like to see a sequel to P.N 03.

P.N 03 was part of the ill-fated 'Capcom 5' on the Gamecube and it was bloody awful, the gimmick of a dancing space mercenary was just a smokescreen for some clunky gameplay with the 'dancing' being limited to special moves which could only be used once or twice. It was an arcade-style 3rd person shooter with rooms and enemies constantly being recycled against the backdrop of a very limited, non-sensical and cliched story... yet for some bizarre reason I really enjoyed it. The main character Vanessa Z Schnieder was simply gorgeous and I'd love to see her again.

If there was ever to be a sequel (not bloody likely) I'd want the gameplay to come on in leaps and bounds with the dancing moves not just being applied to specials, i'd like more enemies (which had a fairly decent design in the original), more rooms and obstacles and as little recycling as possible.
The suit changing feature with different special, attack and defense stats gave an element of strategy to the game but not enough, it'd also be nice if they had different designs over and above just being different colours. weapon upgrades would be sublime too since Vanessa only ever had one standard method of attack a rapid fire palm blast).
The story of the original left things wide open and could easily have installments before and after and also feature new characters with no questions asked since the first game was a completely solo affair. There is a lot of room to create entire worlds around the first game and not detract from it in any way. It'd be a real chance for Capcom to push the boat out and create a sublime sci-fi world were this to become a series.

A sequel would also look absolutely gorgeous on an HD console.

P N 03 Trailer Gamecube HQ - YouTube

What would everyone else like?

Last edited:
Sequel to Final Fantasy XIII-2. I would like for access to all areas from XIII and XIII-2, and all characters from XIII and XIII-2 to be playable. Would make for a big cast. More mini-games possibly (no stupid ones! XD).

MW7

Most of my favorite games already have sequels in some form, but one game that really hasn't been done justice in subsequent titles is Donkey Kong 64. Super Mario 64 really set the bar high, Banjo Kazooie made logical improvements to the formula, and Donkey Kong 64 was like the other two but on a much larger scale. I was really happy to see Donkey Kong Country Returns bring back that great series into focus, but I still would like to see a true sequel to Donkey Kong 64. Basically I know that the Donkey Kong series is still alive and well, but I just want something with the gameplay style of Donkey Kong 64.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite game is Twilight Princess (tied with OOT) and I would like to see a sequel to it. Not a direct sequel but something taking place in the same land a hundred or so years later. I would like to see a steam punk theme and a more technologically advanced Hyrule. I would also like to see the return of the Twili (HH says the repercussions of the light and twilight worlds having met will be felt in the future, so it can indeed happen) and even Midna(Aounuma said it could happen). I would also like to see Ganondorf make a comeback, and not as a big big bad behind the big bad, this time I want him to be just the plain old big big bad. Him as the main and only threat to Hyrule. I want to see more depth to him. We have been told he's evil. I want to see it, I want to see his madness and lust for power really shine through and define him as a character.

Story wise, I would like to see link become a knight for the royal family, certain dungeons would be areas where evil has prevented normal citizens from working, such as a mine where they uncovered an evil spirit and link must destroy this and restore normality for the area, he could then prove himself and be accepted as a knight of Hyrule. I want a personal reason for him to want to destroy Ganondorf. Perhaps as a young boy his parents and village were destroyed in an attack by the King of evil.

It would be on the Wii U console and would be played with the Gamepad, the second screen could be used to aim the bow and to aim other projectiles. It could also be used as some kind of scanner/lens of truth.

It should utilise an art style similar to the tech demo, it would help to convey a darker toned game which is what I want this to be.

Last edited:

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I would love to see a sequel for Sphinx and the Cursed mummy. It is a very entertaining action/adventure game with an interesting world and characters. Especially playing as the mummy (who can't die so you can use the deadly traps to your advantage) was really well done. In the sequel I would like to see voice acting, because in the original the characters have lip movement but no voice. You should really try the game if you have the chance.

And of course I want a sequel to Beyond good and evil. It is one of my favorite gamecube games, but for the sequel it has been so many years of mystery and 'it is still in development sort of' talk. I would love to see it on the wii u. The console would be perfect for it with the gamepad as a foto camera or something. I hope it will be officially announced one day. And again, try the original if you have the chance :)

I would love to see a sequel for Sphinx and the Cursed mummy. It is a very entertaining action/adventure game with an interesting world and characters. Especially playing as the mummy (who can't die so you can use the deadly traps to your advantage) was really well done. In the sequel I would like to see voice acting, because in the original the characters have lip movement but no voice. You should really try the game if you have the chance.

And of course I want a sequel to Beyond good and evil. It is one of my favorite gamecube games, but for the sequel it has been so many years of mystery and 'it is still in development sort of' talk. I would love to see it on the wii u. The console would be perfect for it with the gamepad as a foto camera or something. I hope it will be officially announced one day. And again, try the original if you have the chance :)

Dunno if you've seen this or not..but.. A Few More Beyond Good & Evil 2 Screenshots

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would love Kingdom Hearts III, a sequel to KH2, with the same gameplay as KH2 (commands make the game too "attack, dodge wait for commands to reload, attack again"). I haven't really thought of sequels much; most games I play already have sequels currently being developed.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Dunno if you've seen this or not..but.. A Few More Beyond Good & Evil 2 Screenshots

Yeah, I saw them and got all hyped up again. Sadly it is still just a few screenshots and not something gameplay/trailer/official announcement kind of thing. I also secretly hope that it will not have such a boring desert town look. I really liked the colorfulness and silly things in Hillys (like the flying cars and colorful animals and environment)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My favorite games already have sequels, some of them good, some of them not so good.

Like I love all the added features on the Fable sequels, the bigger lands, the added options, however I dislike the options that were removed from gameplay and how they really lowered the difficulty (difficulty doesn't matter so much to me, but when they make it impossible for your character to die in an epic battle, where you merely get knocked out and then you rise back up and continue as if you were never knocked out at all... well it makes the battle feel pointless...).

I love all the options added in the second Buffy game, where you play with many of the sideline characters throughout the game, however there they did the complete opposite of Fable, they upped the ante in difficulty so much that I ended up getting stuck over and over again, because there was never a savepoint once you reached the big battle, and if you didn't beat the big bad the same day you reached it, you would have to replay the entire long intricate level over again just to get the chance to try again (still haven't completed it to this day - but thankfully I'm no longer stuck playing Xander at Sunnydale high).

The Harry Potter games got better and better until the 4th when they completely ruined everything by taking out all forms of exploration and sideline quests. Thankfully they realized their mistake and put things right in the titles that followed, but by then the spell was kinda broken for me. To this day I'd still play the first three games rather than the last four (and I'll NEVER touch the 4th game EVER again).

And with Zelda, well, so many great games to love, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next, lol

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. We've been asking for it and rumors say it might actually happen. Eternal Darkness is just such an amazing game that was cleverly done and can really use a sequel. But my only problem with it is....It's been done before. The scares, how exactly are they gonna scare us twice? Batman did it recently with Arkham Asylum, and it only worked because it wasn't expected from a Batman game (for those of you who've played Batman: AA, you know what I'm talking about). It's gonna take lot's of hard work to try and fool us that our data was corrupted, system was shut down, character just died, etc. What can they do to make it new? And it's that question alone, why I want to see a sequel. Especially in this generation or the next. The game would look amazing and actually offer scarier images than the Gamecube could ever handle. Then there's the story, who can forget the story? It was great, we got to see the game come together from different perspectives in different time periods that all connected to the main protagonist and the current time period. Eternal Darkness 2, HAPPEN ALREADY!!!

I for one would think that a Final Fantasy IX-2 would be good. It could give Square a chance to look back at one of the finest Final Fantasy games to learn what they're new games are missing. Also, I love the cast of FFIX. Especially Vivi.

I would like to see a Star Wars Battlefront III and Burnout 4 be made. Both franchises have little story revolving around them, however, they are excellent in terms of gameplay mechanics. Both worlds can be expanded to make them larger and online play for the former on a larger console front would be appreciated after so many years. At this point, it's merely wishful thinking as Battlefront III has been dumped by its producer numerous times and there are near no indications of a Burnout 4.

Atticus said:
Okamiden as a sequel to Okami.

I think you misunderstood the point of this thread. It is for future sequels you would like to see in your favorite franchises, not ones which already exist.

Reaca said:
I for one would think that a Final Fantasy IX-2 would be good. It could give Square a chance to look back at one of the finest Final Fantasy games to learn what they're new games are missing. Also, I love the cast of FFIX. Especially Vivi.

The Final Fantasy games were better before Square Enix started milking the franchise. The story Final Fantasy IX had to tell is complete and returning to it years later would be nothing short of a cash grab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom