• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo is Debating an MM Remake or ALttP Remake!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So, Nintendo is recently debating MM or ALttP3D. Which would you rather have made? I vote MM3D, for obvious reasons (most obvious the work for MM3D is already done through OoT3D whereas they would totally have to make a new engine possibly and stuff for ALttP3D). I want both, but MM3D first.

Mr.Miyamoto said:
We haven’t quite decided yet, whether we’re going to do A Link to the Past, because there’s also the possibility of doing a remake of Majora’s Mask. This is something we’ve certainly been talking about and doing a little bit of experimenting with, to figure out which way we’re going to go. (Fans will have to wait) just a little while longer (to hear a decision).

We have so many goals right now. We’re always looking at expanding our audience and giving people the opportunity to get their hands on 3DS and see what kind of fun gaming experiences they can have. And now, we’re also tasked with pushing the Wii U. So we have lots of good opportunities in terms of thinking about which Zelda game is going to be best for which purpose.

Source: Zelda Universe

I honestly would like a retail cart/retail download release of MM3D (of course after a new Zelda 3D game) and an eshop 3D Classics ALttP, as that would probably make the most sense sales wise. There are not too many people I know other than Zelda fans that would buy the game priced at 40 dollars unless it has a LOT of added features. I think it would make the most sense, but there is also the issue of teams working on it, so pretty much how busy the Zelda group(s) will be. I'm certain Grezzo would do MM3D, as they likely still have the OoT3D engine to work with, and I'm certain they could find another group that is located in Japan (so Miyamoto could contact them much easier) that are up to the task and worthy of the task of making a multi-layered ALttP game. The price of 40 dollars would be definitely great for a MM3D/ALttP combo cartridge, but the chances of that ever happening is very slim, so I'm sticking to wanting a retail MM3D and an eshop 3D Classics ALttP.

MW7

What's sad is I would buy either a direct port for virtual console at $10 or a "remake" (assuming it's like OOT 3d) for $40 of either game in a heartbeat. I just want to play both games on the 3ds ASAP. As far as remakes go I'd rather have Majora's Mask remade because there are many more obvious (to me) improvements to be made to the existing game. For instance the ability to skip cutscenes (in retrospect I really wish OOT 3d had this), the ability to skip precisely ahead in time (like the wait feature in Elder Scrolls), and more owl statues (in dungeons like in Skyward Sword or they could retool the save system entirely in favor of the more popular methods). A Link to the Past doesn't have anything obvious that I'd like implemented in it. I do think either game could benefit from a second quest changing the main content significantly (like LOZ), a master quest changing puzzles in dungeons (like OOT), a hero mode making the game much harder (like SS), or a combination of these. Just not a second quest that gives you a shirt and a camera (like Wind Waker).

Dan

Wow this is great news !
MM seems to be what the fans want the most , so I would just go with it. MM being the hardest to find legitimately. Bug free this time I hope :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
MM 3D, I would really like a more accesible version of that game.

Think i'd like to see a link to the past first, its just a older game and seems like it would make a better game to remake.

Actually, there is one more option and that is a sequel to A Link to the Past which I would personally love to see. With we are only discussing remakes, however, both A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask are long overdue. Personally, I don't want a 3D remake of A Link to the Past since the GBA port is already portable, I'd rather have the game remade in HD with Majora's Mask hopping onto 3DS and gaining portability.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There are not too many people I know other than Zelda fans that would buy the game priced at 40 dollars unless it has a LOT of added features.

Well, considering it'd be on the 3DS, I'm sure the very switch to three dimensions which is what I believe Nintendo has in mind (I don't know for sure though) is "a LOT of added features" in and of itself. ALttP3D would be grand, and I'd buy the game at $40USD, and MM3D at the same price. I just want MM3D first seeing as how all the resources are made for the most part (not sure if ALttP3D would use the same engine/textures as OoT3D since they are by nature totally different dimensions wise, one is a 2D game and the other is a 3D game).

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I would prefer that Majora's Mask be remade for the 3DS as a full retail game (be nice if it was available for download, but I'd like having the cartridge too), and A Link to the Past as a 3D Classic on the eShop. A full remake of the A Link to the Past wouldn't be right, they sort of did that with the GBA port. And then with the Wind Waker remade for the Wii U.

I'd love a Majora's Mask 3D remake! Seems like it would go hand in hand with Ocarina of Time, since it was released soon after OOT was for the N64, so it would be cool to see it released after OOT3D! :)
And I could really see some good improvements in this game! WOO I'm excited either way. :)

Alttp and MM are very different so o wonder Nintendo can't make a decision. When they say remake for MM we know what that will entail; its going to look and feel like OoT in terms of controls and playability, the controls probably won't be changed and the only difference between the two will be the menu screens on the bottom screens where we have a mask subsection. Like people say Nintendo already have a lot of work done for MM since it recycles a lot of OoT.

But when they say an Alttp remake what do they mean? remade into the style of OoT3d? Will Alttp become a 3d open world game or will it simply remain a 2D game with updated graphics? If it were to be remade and become like OoT then thats an almost completely new game right there and I'd prefer that. I hsve MM, buggy as though it maybe it behaves most of the time... Though I doubt they'll update Alttp to such an extent as to make it an entirely 3D roamer like OoT3D, they would more likely just make an entirely new game i think so my vote is MM. MM is also higher than Alttp on my favourites list.

Last edited:
Alttp and MM are very different so no wonder Nintendo can't make a decision. When they say remake for MM we know what that will entail; its going to look and feel like out in terms of controls and playability, the controls probably won't be changed and the only difference between the two will be the menu screens on the bottom screens where we have a mask subsection. Like people say Nintendo already have a lot of work done for MM since it recycles a lot of OoT.

I agree with your assessment. the entire item submenu should appear on the touchscreen since that is what occurred in Ocarina of Time 3D.

But when they say an Alttp remake what do they mean? remade into the style of OoT3d? Will Alttp become a 3d open world game or will it simple remain a 2D game with updated graphics? If it were to be remade and become like OoT then thats an almost completely new game right there and I'd prefer that. I hsve MM, buggy as though it maybe it behaves most of the time... Though I doubt they'll update Alttp to such an extent as to make it an entirely 3D roamer like OoT3D, they would more likely just make an entirely new game i think so my vote is MM. MM is also higher than Alttp on my favourites list.

Nintnedo has actually been rather vague on it. Most would simply like a 3D classics port to the eShop but Miyamoto seems bent on transforming the 2D classic into a 3D game which I'd personally find interesting and with the minimalist story it would certainly resemble Ocarina of Time.

Regardless of remake, both games have something I love to see-A steep but fair difficulty curve.

I'd rather have Majora's mask 3D than a Link to the Past Remake. It makes more sense to remake a sequal to a game that was already on the 3DS. I don't mind A Link to the past as a 3D Classic, I think that would be better than being a full on retail game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom