• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Din,Nayru,Farore Are Aliens?

This is a theory pulled out of Erich von Daniken's book "Chariot of the Gods" When the Hyrule Creation story is given it says that the godesses returned to a nebula. Why would you have a astronomical term if you simply meant the heavens or heaven. I understand that the game is Eastern Based and I may be looking at it from a western perspective but if you were telling a creation story in a steam punk/medieval setting wouldn't it make more sense to say they came from the heavens rather than nebula. Just a few thoughts I had. I understand that it conflicts with the "fantasy" element and turns it more into a sci-fi element. I was just thinking why haven't the godesses done anything in the here and now. it is always said in the many legends that in the past they have acted and just left things to the people of hyrule but if they truly were "heavenly" beings how could they look down on Hyrule with all the times that ganon has destroyed or nearly destroyed it and say "good job" Comments?

If they came from the heavens or space and earth was not created yet, then they would still be considered Goddesses not aliens. Being an alien is coming into a place that you are not a citizen of. Hence why extra terrestrials are called aliens, they don't live on earth. But Nayru, Din, and Farore created the heavens and the earth. So they are Goddesses, not aliens.

Oh God I sure hope Nintendo does not pull a George Lucas on us in a Zelda game by adding aliens... if you know what I mean.

Ever since playing Skyward Sword, I've thought so. Not in the "spaceships" sense but in the sense that they are beings with vastly superior powers and/or technology who came from somewhere else, created the world and populated it with different races. Not only that, but there are remnants of "ancient" technology all over Hyrule that just don't line up with the largely medieval fantasy lifestyle of the elfin-looking inhabitants. Lanayru mining facility, timeshift stones, and those adorable robots who used to work for an ancient race seem to point to a culture that not only used technology to great effect but left an indelible mark upon Hyrule. This is actually one of those staples of genre fantasy and not exactly a unique concept. If you've read a lot of fantasy, i.e. some old works of Tanith Lee and especially the works of Andre Norton, you'll see this is a common trope: medieval world with remnants of ancient technology hinting at beings from another world. The creators of Zelda are just using a bunch of time-tested genre tropes to make it feel like your average fantasy novel from the "golden" age.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Oh God I sure hope Nintendo does not pull a George Lucas on us in a Zelda game by adding aliens... if you know what I mean.

They did that with "Them" in MM.

Ever since playing Skyward Sword, I've thought so. Not in the "spaceships" sense but in the sense that they are beings with vastly superior powers and/or technology who came from somewhere else, created the world and populated it with different races. Not only that, but there are remnants of "ancient" technology all over Hyrule that just don't line up with the largely medieval fantasy lifestyle of the elfin-looking inhabitants. Lanayru mining facility, timeshift stones, and those adorable robots who used to work for an ancient race seem to point to a culture that not only used technology to great effect but left an indelible mark upon Hyrule. This is actually one of those staples of genre fantasy and not exactly a unique concept. If you've read a lot of fantasy, i.e. some old works of Tanith Lee and especially the works of Andre Norton, you'll see this is a common trope: medieval world with remnants of ancient technology hinting at beings from another world. The creators of Zelda are just using a bunch of time-tested genre tropes to make it feel like your average fantasy novel from the "golden" age.

I personally thought it could be the result of the fall of Human civilization and a return to feudal lifestyle.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I was just thinking why haven't the godesses done anything in the here and now. it is always said in the many legends that in the past they have acted and just left things to the people of hyrule but if they truly were "heavenly" beings how could they look down on Hyrule with all the times that ganon has destroyed or nearly destroyed it and say "good job" Comments?

They left the triforce behind to give hope to humanity and it can't be used by gods. So even if Ganon uses it they can do nothing to stop him. It does not make them aliens just because they can't help anybody without a wish being made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom