• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which One is Canon?

Which Map of TP is more canon?

• Gamecube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

• Doesnt matter

• Total voters

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
A lot of fanmades theories focus on different aspects of games that link each one to the next, and in order for a theory to make sense, there has to be geographical reasoning. With this in mind, which map if Tp's overworld would be the canon one? The GC version or the Wii version?

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I think the Canon version is the Gamecube version. Nintendo "flipped" the game so that the Wii motion controls would be for right-handed people. This kind of indicates that the GC version was made first.

Gamecube version has the canon I'm afraid. It's the original game, and the Wii version is the world flipped to make Link right-handed and shoehorn in the motion controls.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
They could have left the map un-altered by they changed it because they thought it would give somewhat of a reason to try both. Or if you had the Gamecube one and your friend had the Wii one it would be confusing for one another.
I honestly think it doesn't matter at all..

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Gamecube version has the canon I'm afraid. It's the original game, and the Wii version is the world flipped to make Link right-handed and shoehorn in the motion controls.

Agree with this. The location of Kakariko village is similar to its OoT counter part in the GC version and TP is supposed to be OoT's sequel.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It's definitely the Gamecube version. That's how it was originally made. Even the locations of places such as the desert and lake are similar to that of Ocarina of Time.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
It was probably GC because the Wii version had some additons like the game where you balance the Wii remote and the extra item slot(s)

Big Octo

=^)
I'm guilty of agreeing to the notion that the map orientation makes all the difference...

So, yeah, the GCN is canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom