• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Classic for DS

Z

zeldafan999

it would be a good idea as long as they dont add in a dumb stylist control

Amelie

Air Dancer
I really like this idea! I would buy it if it did happen ^^ I wont have to carry TLOZ and AOL around for GBA anymore. Great idea!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I hope they make the older GameBoy titles available for download on the DSi's new shop system. It hasn't been said that they'd have their own Virtual Console yet, but I assume they'll head in that direction.

Claire

The Geekette
it would be a good idea as long as they dont add in a dumb stylist control

Now, now... why on Earth would they be willing to update the classics to be played on the DS, if they aren't going to update the controls to go along with the system? That's like selling A Link to the Past especially for the Wii, but being unable to use the controls that come along especially for the Wii - pointless! To even consider updating the classics to play on a DS system, I would find it pointless to refuse to modify the settings and controls to be able to use the stylus.

To see the classics in a modern perspective, I believe, would be very entertaining. This could increase the difficulty with puzzle solving, and make it a totally different game. I would love to see it, but I'm more concerned with an entirely new release than remakes.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I don't think to would be a good idea, as other people have mentioned, AoL/LoZ have been ported so many times, and it just would'nt really be worth it. I mean like 4 different times is enough. Now if you ask me, they should do sorta a "Collectors Edition" sorta thing, but with the classic Game Boy Zeldas. Or atleast, the main game I and other people are seeming to want would be LA, so maybe they should port it onto the DS? I don't know about other people but I think that would be a good idea.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Collector's Edition 2

Who else thinks there should be a new collector's edition for the DS?
It would include:
Link's Awakening DX
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
The original Four Swords but you don't need 4 people to play
Demo of Spirit Tracks

Shnappy

derp
I've always wanted there to be a DS Collector's Edition. One thing that's missing from the list is ALttP, the GBA version. It wasn't on the first collectors edition but it was one of the best and most successful Zelda games and would fit well on 2n'd edition of the Collector's Edition. But to answer the big question, yes, a 2n'd Collector's Edition would be awesome.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I've always wanted there to be a DS Collector's Edition. One thing that's missing from the list is ALttP, the GBA version. It wasn't on the first collectors edition but it was one of the best and most successful Zelda games and would fit well on 2n'd edition of the Collector's Edition. But to answer the big question, yes, a 2n'd Collector's Edition would be awesome.

Oh I forgot about that.
I mostly want one because I never got a chance to play the gb games as a kid because I wasn't into Zelda, and now I want to own every Zelda game.
I could use an emulator, but i'd feel alot better if I legally owned the games.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
That's a good list! I'd get it if it came out! :)
I've never played ALttP, so that'd be very good. :)
(I haven't played the Oracles either)
I could use an emulator, but i'd feel alot better if I legally owned the games.
I am pretty sure it is illegal to use an emulator if you don't own the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
That's a good list! I'd get it if it came out! :)
I've never played ALttP, so that'd be very good. :)
(I haven't played the Oracles either)

I am pretty sure it is illegal to use an emulator if you don't own the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Exactly. Which is why I said i'd feel better if I legally owned the game (by buying it) than using an Emulator.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I love the idea, makes me wish you worked at nintendo! I own all of the games already but I never had the opportunity to play Four Swords, I believe it would be great as a single mode game :) I would also want to be able to play Link´s Awakening DeluXe with great and bright colours. That would be possible with that perfect collection I assume :clap:

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I think that would be a good idea, but I think it would be better with the normal LA instead of the DX version, and still keep OoA/OoS, and as Shnappy said, the GBA Alttp. On other threads ive seen people posting things similar too this, and lots of them said they wanted to play LA. Or maybe they should make a LA/LA DX thing seperate? So many different ideas...but that would be cool to have a collectors edition on the DS, but would a DS game card hold that many games?

I would really enjoy that. I am a modern day gamer, so i dont have a gameboy color or gameboy, so i would really enjoy having the chance to play the orcales and links awakening sometime in my life. I think it would be a great idea, knowing that the ds is a pretty popular system. I dont think it will ever happen, but that would be a big step in my gaming experience.

Chris

It has been awhile...
I think that would be a very bad idea. I hate playing Zelda games on the DS and this would be no exception. If they would make one with OoA, OoS, ALTTP, WW and a demo of Twilight Princess, that would be way better. If they brought this one out on the GC or Wii, that would make it perfect. Another idea would be: ALTTP, MC, WW, TP and a demo of Spirit Tracks.

Both of these would be much better and more fun to play on the gamecube.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
If they would make one with OoA, OoS, ALTTP, WW and a demo of Twilight Princess, that would be way better.

I don't think they'd ever bring GameBoy games to the consoles because of their small sized graphics. Especially with the advent of widescreen TVs. I remember the SNES GameBoy player cartridge was a nifty idea, but a lot of games didn't look like much blown up big-time.

It would still be a great idea though, I'd really welcome another Collector's Edition! Maybe they should make one with the CDi games... :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom