• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Discussion #015: Are All the Skull Kid's the Same?

i guess skull kid is termian because looking at his clothes, he doesnt seem to be a hylian but more wild indian style like how i would expect a termian

not all skull kids are the same, if you are a kokiri and you venture off into the lost woods without a fairy you turn into a skull kid. So there could be several of them.

There were mulitple skull kids in ocarina of time, but only one in Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. I think Termina only mirrored one Skull Kid in that game as a prankster who likes to steal from people. In Twilight Princess, I think they combined the personalities of Skull Kid from both games:
1) He has a leaf flute.
2) He plays a creepy version of Saria's Song.
3) He stills likes to have fun by messing around with Link.
4) He is innocent as he was without Majora's Mask (since he led Link to the end of the Sacred Grove twice to the master sword pedestal)
The ability to summon floating Puppets, then again Skull Kid was always a mystery ;)

I like to think they are all the same, 1 and 2 seems to be 100% the same and it would be nice to think that he has waited all that time ( assuming he can live that long) for the next Link to be called into action and help him find the master sword while testing him :P

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Lost woods is a weird place where weird stuff happens, one step here is a mile there, north is east, east is southwest, all the doors lead to a single place, only the children with fairies can get in without getting lost, skull kid is the exception, he has no fairy, yet he can navigate the woods easily,he knows how to get everywhere even to Termina, a weird place I tell you, a really weird and messed up place , there is plenty of evidence that MM skull kid and the OoT skull kid are one and the same, especially his quote "you have the smell of that kid who taught me that song in the woods, in OoT we teach Skull Kid Saria's song in the lost woods and he gives you a heart piece, now what could this possibly mean?, I believe the two skull Kids in that stump from OoT are also the same one, how is this possible? I hear you ask, well, think about this, they only appear out of NOWHERE when you are in position, they could be very well illusions, or (this is my personal favorite theory) the "fake" Skull Kids are a prank by Skull Kid he uses to play with you a bit longer, this is more plausible when you take into account that the lost woods is a weird place, this does not mean they aren't real, they are as real as the original Skull kid, only they are not (insert mindblown)

Moving on into the TP skull kid, lost woods being dimension shifting, and time being a dimension, couldn't it be that the lost woods also twists time, making skull kid immortal, TP's Skull kid seems to know his forest well, he has an advanced instrument and a personla army, nut he is still as mischievous as ever, now think about the fist encounter with the marionettes, it's not n the sacred groove (AKA lost woods), it's outside the forest temple when they are attacking the female monkey for curiously wandering too deep into the woods, skull kid seems to have adopted a dual role of guardian and guide, it is he who shows you the path through the SG, but it is also hm who makes sure you are strong enough the wield the master sword, after all, if you can't dispatch a few puppets then what are you even doing in here, GTFO of my forest.

This is not a reasoning that supports them being the same a lot, but the more you delve into it the more sense it makes that they are all the same guy, it is good use of Occam's razor, no need for more skull kids (no, wait, it's not, this is an example of bad use of it), my final verdict is that they are the same, but as always, remember the always important in this forum words of the Garo, belief or disbelief, rests within you

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
Zeldapedia.
While Link is a child, he can interact with them; however, they become hostile once Link is an adult, firing small projectiles at him through their instruments. Link can kill these hostile Skull Kids, most notably with the Biggoron's Sword or the Giant's Knife due to the substantial reach these provide. Doing so earns Link a huge Rupee worth 200 Rupees.
this tells me that there are more than one skull kid if you killed them all MM would never take place and the skull kid would die but you see him again and again.

Zeldapedia.

When non-fairy folk get lost in Lost Woods, they are cursed to become Stalfos—but Navi suggests that when children get lost in the woods, they may become Skull Kids.

Now any kid can be a skull kid just send your order of 20 rupees to 456 Kakariko Village and falow me into the Lost woods:D leave any fariys back home. no refunds.

SkullKid from Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask are definitely the same. As far as Twilight Princess goes, I'm not entirely sure. I would only say yes because of the music playing in the background. (Not that it has has anything to do with anything.)

dark majora

I like queso aka cheese
I belive all three of them are the same. How would the skull kid in the lost woods in TP know saria's song? Besides, it is funner to think of it this way. I still wonder whom skull kid was before he became a skull kid.
um yeah no skull kid from OoT is also MM skullkid {SPOILER at the end of MM skull kid recalls you teaching him sarias song SPOILER OVER}

um yeah no skull kid from OoT is also MM skullkid {SPOILER at the end of MM skull kid recalls you teaching him sarias song SPOILER OVER}
forgot to say i havent played TP so im not sure

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Zeldapedia.

this tells me that there are more than one skull kid if you killed them all MM would never take place and the skull kid would die but you see him again and again.

Zeldapedia.

Now any kid can be a skull kid just send your order of 20 rupees to 456 Kakariko Village and falow me into the Lost woods:D leave any fariys back home. no refunds.

How suspicious that skull kid only appears in the child timeline...

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Skull Kid Theory?

Okay, its not MY theory, but I found this interesting, and possibly, could it be true?

It's in the form of youtube video, if that's okay. :sweat:

[video=youtube;YLbFXN5kzYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLbFXN5kzYo[/video]

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Well, offhand I'm pretty sure the skull kid from MM was the same one you meet in OoT and taught Saria's song to. I believe Skull Kid mentions this in the end of MM. Also in MM, we learn Skull Kid was friends with the four giants in Termina before they parted ways.

So basically, it's fair to assume Skull Kid was from Termina originally, left at some point to live in the Lost Woods, returned shortly after OoT, stole Majora's Mask, and so MM begins. Again, this is rough and slightly speculative, but pretty solid. This also means the Skull Kid is at least a couple of hundred years old.

Whether or not the same Skull Kid is in TP or not, I really don't know. I don't remember TP that well, personally. But if the Skull Kid leaved hundreds of years before, who's to say it isn't the same one? Personally, I bet he is- at the very least, that's what Nintendo would lead us to believe... :)

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Hmm... I never really saw him as the one from Twilight Princess... I just thought he was the one from OoT, since it mentioned it in MM.
Anyway, I just find it interesting xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom