• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could OoT-Phantom Ganon Be Vaati?

Recently I thought much about the Historia timeline and noticed that Vaati was sealed with the Four Sword befor the splits, but only freed and finally killed in the child timeline. So I wonderd why he doesn't appear in the adult and hero defeated timeline.

In the GBA remake of ALttP we can find the broken Four Sword. This made me think that Vaati escaped it some time between FS and ALttP. The only game that takes place between those two games is OoT. Because he doesn't escape it in the child timeline until FSA he has to escape it after the splitt. This means that he's escape was only possible because of the changed reality.

The next thing I thought about was the place where the Four Sword rests. We always find it in the Four Sowrd Sanctuary. In FSA we see that it is somewhere in Hyrule Castle, in TMC we learn that it is in the basement of the castle behind a small garden. In the seven years Link slept during OoT Ganon destroyed whole Hyrule Castle and built his tower where it originaly stood. I think it's very likely that he found the Four Sword during this time and freed Vaati. In FSA Ganon freed Vaati too, and Vaati served him since then. It's likely to assume that the same happend during OoT.

But that brings up the question why we don't see Vaati during OoT. It seems very unlikely that Ganon wouldn't send him to fight Link. The only thing I can think of is that Phantom Ganon is Vaati. Phantom Ganon is the only boss from OoT that Link didn't kill. Instead he was banishes it "the gap between dimensions" by Ganondorf, who was mad at him for loosing against Link. (Does anyone know what Ganon exactly said in the japanese version, because in the german version he talks about banishing him into the "hades", the underworld in greek mythology, so I'm not sure about this point.) The reason why Link probably couldn't kill him, could be because Vaati/ Phantom Ganon still had the light force from TMC, that could work similar to the ToP in TP. (according to Historia it is an "object of limitless power"). The banishment could also explain why we don't see Vaati in the adult and hero defeated timeline. I don't think that OoT-Phantom Ganon and WW/FSA-Phantom Ganon are the same being because of the totaly different appearance.

So what do you think. Could Vaati and Phantom Ganon be the same person? Have I forgot something? Please tell me.

probably not, because Vaati is a minish and can only be seen by kids, or other minish. Unless Ganondorf is secretly a Minish or child.

probably not, because Vaati is a minish and can only be seen by kids, or other minish. Unless Ganondorf is secretly a Minish or child.

Vaati WAS a minish but after he has stolen the hat of Ezlo he became human/hylian or something like this. the king and the guards in TMC were able to see him and he even participated in a sword turnier.

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
I don't think that OoT-Phantom Ganon and WW/FSA-Phantom Ganon are the same being because of the totaly different appearance.

looks have nothing to do with anything in diferant games graphics change so dose looks and so do people.

on the Vaati thing, I think four Swords happend in the same demintion as Majora's Mask so........no I dont think you'er right.

why I think FS-MC-FSA- world is MM world.-----> http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f31/shadow-moris-dual-dimension-time-line-28513.html

Once Vaati was transformed into his form we all know and love, he is a Hylian Sorcerer. So he CAN be seen by others, much beyond kids. In The Minish Cap, at the beginning of the game, everybody SEES Vaati steal the sword, no?

Um..no. Phantom Ganon is Ganon's shawdow like he mentions himself. There's no possible way of it being any other way.

I'm sorry if I missed something, but I can't remember Ganon saying that PG is just his shadow. Do you have the quote?

No because then who is the four swords vatti? Vatti would already be dead

the timeline looks like this(I'll only show the parts important fpr this theory):

............................./OoT(Futur)
MTC - FS - OoT(past)/MM - TP - FSA
............................\OoT(Futur) - ALttP

Minish Cap shows Vaatis origins and his first sealing.
Four Swords shows his second sealing.
Ocarina of time shows his banishing in the adult parts of OoT.(adult and hero defeated timeline)
the fight against Phantom Ganon/Vaati didn't in the child timeline so he's alive till FSA, where he is finally killed.
A Link to The Past(GBA-remake) shows the broken Four Sword

I hope this clears things up.

T

theTomas117

I don't think he would be, like some people above said, he is a minish. Not only that though, Phantom Ganon was sent to the void between dimensions by Ganondorf, I don't see how he could have come back as Vaati.

Also, Vaati wasn't even around when OoT was made. I just can't see a connection there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
I like this theory, but i don't agree with it. When you defeat phantom ganon, the real ganon's voice tells you it was a 'worthless creation' (at least in the english version), and we know from MC that ganon didn't create vaati. Also, phantom ganon never speaks or even puts up some sort of fight when it is banished. I always assumed it was a ghostly puppet conjured by ganon, as suggested by the text surrounding the battle. While i do like how well you've thought this out, especially how ganon would find vaati and fitting it into the timeline, i don't think so.

but both vaati & phantom ganon make an appearance in fsa
As I said I don't think that FSA-Phantom Ganon and OoT- Phantom Ganon are the same being. They do not look anything alike. Just like all the Gohmas, I think they are all diffrent.

I doubt it Vaati is Minish so no one can see him aside from other Minish or children. right?
Vaati was born as a minish but turned into a powerful human sorcerer and was even able to participate in a hylian sword fight competition. So there is no problem with this.

Not only that though, Phantom Ganon was sent to the void between dimensions by Ganondorf, I don't see how he could have come back as Vaati.
Read my theory again. He didn't^^ He was beaten as Phantom Ganon in the adult and "hero defeated" timeline. Link didn't battle him in the child timeline so he can appear as vaati in FSA.

When you defeat phantom ganon, the real ganon's voice tells you it was a 'worthless creation' (at least in the english version)
In the german version he talks about that he dissapointed him and has to be punished. It would really help if someone would know what the original japanese version exactly said:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom