• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Avengers Vs. The Justice League

The Avengers Vs. The Justice League

• Avengers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justice League

• They are equally matched

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
So, you fans of superhero comics, movies, cartoons, etc… Who do you think would win in a fight between DC’s Justice League and Marvel’s Avengers? And Why?

The Avengers (core roster):

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
The Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Ant Man/Giant Man
The Wasp
Red Hulk

The Justice League (core roster):

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Green Lantern
The Flash
Aquaman
Cyborg
Martian Man-Hunter
The Green Arrow
Hawkman

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You forgot about the Martian Manhunter and Hawkman for the Justice League and Ant/Giant Man and Wasp for the Avengers...

And the Justice League would win, easily. Batman has beaten Captain America before, Superman has beaten Hulk before, and Iron Man is no match for Green Lantern but would be an interesting fight. Wonder Women vs Thor would be cool. I can already picture Wonder Women picking up Thor's Hammer. Overall, I think the Justice League would win due to superior superheroes. Realistically, Superman would be enough to handle the Avengers...

Last edited:

Batman

You forgot about the Martian Manhunter and Hawkman for the Justice League and Ant/Giant Man and Wasp for the Avengers...

And the Justice League would win, easily. Batman has beaten Captain America before, Superman has beaten Hulk before, and Iron Man is no match for Green Lantern but would be and interesting fight. Wonder Women vs Thor would be cool. I can already picture Wonder Women picking up Thor's Hammer. Overall, I think the Justice League would win due to superior superheroes. Realistically, Superman would be enough to handle the Avengers...

I was really trying to focus on the core members, but I'll add the ones you mentioned because of their popularity.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
As Turo said, Justice League. All in all, they are just too powerful and the Avengers don't have anyone who can go toe to toe with Batman save maybe Captain America.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I was really trying to focus on the core members, but I'll add the ones you mentioned because of their popularity.

They are the core members... The original seven Justice Leaguers are Superman, Batman, Wonder Women, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. With Green Arrow, The Atom, and Hawkman joining shortly after.

The first Avengers are Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant Man, and Wasp, with Captain America being added later down the road.

Last edited:

Batman

They are the core members... The original seven Justice Leaguers are Superman, Batman, Wonder Women, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. With Green Arrow, The Atom, and Hawkman joining shortly after.

The first Avengers are Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant Man, and Wasp, with Captain America being added later down the road.

Yeah, but in modern DC comics the Martian Manhunter isn't really a core member anymore. Neither is the Green Arrow, Hawkman, The Atom, etc. Especially with the New 52. And yeah, the Wasp and Ant man were part of the Avenger's founding but again, they aren't really core members anymore (the Wasp is even dead in the marvel universe). But this is trivial, I've tried to add all the major heroes as well as some of the most important non-core heroes to the list.

OcarinaofWind12 said:
BTW is spiderman not core anymore?
No, Spider-Man is a member of the New Avengers; a very different line up.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Yeah, but in modern DC comics the Martian Manhunter isn't really a core member anymore. Neither is the Green Arrow, Hawkman, The Atom, etc. Especially with the New 52. And yeah, the Wasp and Ant man were part of the Avenger's founding but again, they aren't really core members anymore (the Wasp is even dead in the marvel universe). But this is trivial, I've tried to add all the major heroes as well as some of the most important non-core heroes to the list.

I get that, but not too many people are familiar with the new stuff or even like it. I just figured it would be easier to go the original route as that is usually what is out there.

Batman

I’ll give my opinions now:

I believe that the Justice League would probably win such a fight, but not as easily as many would think.

Let’s face it, Superman is…well…Superman, but let’s not forget that he is vulnerable to two things: Kryptonite and magic. Thor is a god, who uses magic. I think that although Superman is a more powerful hero than Thor, Thor could definitely give Superman some trouble.

Batman is just amazing, and as much as I love Captain America, he wouldn’t really stand too much of a chance against him. The only Avenger that I think could stand a chance against Batman would be Iron Man. Iron man is a human fighter jet. And even Batman would have some trouble with him.

I’m not really sure who The Hulk’s DC counterpart would be, but the Hulk is basically a small Godzilla. He would give every member of the JL a tough time in my opinion.

The Green Lantern vs. Iron Man would be a really interesting fight. I’m not sure who would come out on top. (probably the Lantern)

Wonder Woman vs. Black Widow is another interesting scenario. The Black Widow is basically a female Batman, and has hand-to-hand combat skills similar to those of Wonder Woman.

The Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye is perhaps the most difficult to judge. They’re both practically identical when it comes to skill and ingenuity with a bow and arrow.

Hawkman, Ant Man, Aquaman, and the Wasp all pretty much suck, let’s be honest.

And finally, for the JL, you have Martian Manhunter and Cyborg, who are both really cool. And for the Avengers, you have the whole S.H.I.E.L.D organization as well as the Red Hulk (in post-Hulk Avengers comics).

I think that the sheer power behind the JL’s members would give them an edge over the Avengers, but I don’t think it would be very easy. The Avengers are pretty amazing as well.

Realistically, Superman would be enough to handle the Avengers...
No. Just no. I would agree with this statement if Superman didn't have two terrible weaknesses; Kryptonite and magic. Bruce Banner is going to have some Kryptonite on hand, and Thor is a frickin' Norse god lol. Superman would not roll over the Avengers.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
No. Just no. I would agree with this statement if Superman didn't have two terrible weaknesses; Kryptonite and magic. Bruce Banner is going to have some Kryptonite on hand, and Thor is a frickin' Norse god lol. Superman would not roll over the Avengers.

Bruce Banner wouldn't be able to pull kryptonite from his ***, especially if he's gonna be Hulking up. And magic is not a "terrible" weakness of Superman's. He's as vulnerable to magic as anyone else is...

Batman

Bruce Banner wouldn't be able to pull kryptonite from his ***, especially if he's gonna be Hulking up. And magic is not a "terrible" weakness of Superman's. He's as vulnerable to magic as anyone else is...

Lol. I didn't mean that the Hulk would be using the Kryptonite. Banner is a scientific genius, he'll have it synthesized and ready if it needs to be used ( in Iron Man's missles, Hawkeye's arrows, in a Kryptonite gun, etc). And btw, magic is indeed a 'terrible' weakness of Superman's. Darkseid beats the crap out of Superman everytime they meet because of it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Lol. I didn't mean that the Hulk would be using the Kryptonite. Banner is a scientific genius, he'll have it synthesized and ready if it needs to be used ( in Iron Man's missles, Hawkeye's arrows, in a Kryptonite gun, etc). And btw, magic is indeed a 'terrible' weakness of Superman's. Darkseid beats the crap out of Superman everytime they meet because of it.

What? LOL! No, just no dude. Again, Banner isn't gonna pull kryptonite from his a**. Kryptonite only exist within the DC universe and is very limited (which is bullsh*t since supervillains always have it...). Going by that logic, Superman can come ready with a cure for Hulk. And no, it's not... Just because Darkseid's is very powerful doesn't mean that it's as big of a weakness as kryptonite to him. He's as affected by magic as Hulk is, and Hulk is constantly kicking Thor's a**.

Last edited:

Batman

What? LOL! No, just no dude. Again, Banner isn't gonna pull kryptonite from his ***. Kryptonite only exist with the DC universe and is very limited (which is ******** since supervillains always have it...). Going by that logic, Superman can come ready with a cure for Hulk. And no, it's not... Just because Darkseid's magic is very powerful doesn't mean that it's a weakness that can really hold him back in a battle. He's as affected by magic as Hulk is, and Hulk is constantly kicking Thor's ***.
First of all, why is Kryptonite off limits in the marvel universe if we are debating a hypothetical merger between these two universes? And if you're a comic book fan (which obviously you are) you know as much as I do, that Darkseid always kicks the **** out of Superman lol. Superman usually "defeats" Darkseid by throwing him through some portal or something, just delaying the problem. I'm not arguing that Superman's tolerance for magic is special or anything, of course magic affects everyone equally. I'm just saying that Superman is not invincible against everything, that magic and Kryptonite are two things that he is adversly affected by. Thor is a magical god, and could potentially harm Superman. Superman would not be able to single-handedly defeat the Avengers because if a hypothetical merger of these two universes occured, Kryptonite is going to be avaible to the Avengers, and Bruce Banner is going to sythesize it. With Kryptonite and magic on the Avenger's side, Superman could be harmed.

It's nice debating you though, I rarely have the opportunity to discuss and debate comic books with someone else who' knowledgeable about them.:P

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
First of all, why is Kryptonite off limits in the marvel universe if we are debating a hypothetical merger between these two universes? And if you're a comic book fan (which obviously you are) you know as much as I do, that Darkseid always kicks the **** out of Superman lol. Superman usually "defeats" Darkseid by throwing him through some portal or something, just delaying the problem. I'm not arguing that Superman's tolerance for magic is special or anything, of course magic affects everyone equally. I'm just saying that Superman is not invincible against everything, that magic and Kryptonite are two things that he is adversly affected by. Thor is a magical god, and could potentially harm Superman. Superman would not be able to single-handedly defeat the Avengers because if a hypothetical merger of these two universes occured, Kryptonite is going to be avaible to the Avengers, and Bruce Banner is going to sythesize it. With Kryptonite and magic on the Avenger's side, Superman could be harmed.

It's nice debating you though, I rarely have the opportunity to discuss and debate comic books with someone else who' knowledgeable about them.

Like I said, if they're going to be prepared for an unexpected battle against a team that exist out of their universe's then what's to stop Superman from curing Hulk? It's just a cheap way for a side to win. And let's say they do have kryptonite weapons...what's to stop Supes from wearing a lead suit? If they can be prepared, so can he.

Yeah, only because Superman allows it. It's known that Superman never goes to full power. Superman can kick Darkseid's *** with ease, which has been shown before. But what would be the point in a battle with Superman if he's never challenged? Of course Superman has to struggle, but only for the sake of good entertainment. His abilities are always dumbed down because he's so powerful. So like I said before, "realistically" Superman can defeat the Avengers, "realistically" the Avengers won't even know about kryptonite or that it's a weakness of Superman's, and "realistically" Darkseid isn't a real threat to Superman. Why do you think kryptonite was even created? Because it would be boring to have Superman never struggle. I was speaking realistically, which comics aren't...sooo...

Right back at ya dude. Great topic BTW.

Anyway, I think this is getting a little off topic. This is about the Avengers vs the Justice League.

Last edited:

Batman

Anyway, I think this is getting a little off topic. This is about the Avenger's vs the Justice League.
This is completely on topic, as we're debating the Avenger's ability to fight off a member of the Justice League.

Yeah, only because Superman allows it. It's known that Superman never goes to full power. Superman can kick Darkseid's *** with ease, which has been shown before. But what would be the point in a battle with Superman if he's never challenged? Of course Superman has to struggle, but only for the sake of good entertainment. His abilities are always dumbed down because he's so powerful. So like I said before, "realistically" Superman can defeat the Avengers, "realistically" the Avengers won't even know about kryptonite or that it's a weakness to Superman , and "realistically" Darkseid isn't a real threat to Superman. Why do you think kryptonite was even created? Because it would be boring to have Superman never struggle. I was speaking realistically, which comics aren't...
There are so many things wrong with the above statement.
1. Please tell me a comic issue, cartoon, or whatever where it's shown that Superman beats up Darkseid with ease. Because I've never seen it. And what gives you the idea that Superman never goes to 'full power'?
2. Of course it's all for entertainment! lol. You have to keep in mind that everything we're discussing is based around a fictional entertainment media. It's not like Superman is real and comic books are made about him, and the writers are forced to 'dumb down' his abilities. Everything Superman can do is completely determined by the DC writers. Superman isn't all powerful because the writers don't allow him to be. He gets beat up by Darkseid because the writers allow him to get beat up. Superman's abilities are solely the fictional creation of writers. So, how can Superman be stronger than what the writers detail? He's as strong as the material published about him, and the material published about him suggests he's not quite as all powerful as you suggest.
3. Your whole argument about being realistic is absurd. Nothing about this topic is realistic. I'm just saying if The Avengers (a fictional team of superheroes) fought the Justice League (a fictional team of superheroes) who would win; based on the power and skill sets of its members? I'm not concerned with hypotheticals about a member's "supposed" abilities outside of published material.

But anyways, yeah, we've exhaused this whole Superman vs. Avengers side-topic. We should just agree to disagree (nothing wrong with that) lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom