• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rito Tribe

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Yes, I do believe the Rito are descended from the Zora tribe in OoT. But I think 'evolved' is the wrong term here. IIRC, the Deku Tree specifically said that the Koroks once took the form of children, which to me implied they were changed unnaturally, probably using magic. Its possible the same happened with the Rito tribe.

That could be possible. maybe the gods changed the zora into the rito because if they could swim, they would see the old hyrule under the sea while the gods wanted hyrule to be forgotten.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
That could be possible. maybe the gods changed the zora into the rito because if they could swim, they would see the old hyrule under the sea while the gods wanted hyrule to be forgotten.

i still think the the zora evolved in to the rito

it may sound unlogical that why the zora evolved when there is a huge ocean.
and i don 't think that they just evovled from the dangers of the sea or they can 't stand salt water.

there is one important fact that i missed.
the king of red lions said that before hyrule became flooded, people took refuge in to the mountains.

he also said that you have to find the temples from above because you can 't acces it from hyrule anymore. so its sounds more logical that the zora evolved in to the rito.

Leix

Error
Here's my offset opinion:
The Zora didn't evolve. Why would they evolve? If their water mass just got BIGGER why try and live above water?
No, I considered the Korok's evolution. The Koroks learned how to fly using the leaves provided by the Great Deku Tree Jr.
The Gorons are either IN the mountains, or mostly wiped out, but they still exist so It's not Gorons.
Hylians obviously are still around on islands.
The Gerudos...are still pirates i'm sure. I believe that they lived in the fortress and then Ganondorf turned them all into pigs.
So what major race does this leave?
What race is the only one with beaks, and still canon?
What's the race that everyone forgets, figuratively and literally?
Skull kids.
Skull kids have beaks. And if they're all lost in the forest, how can they figure out how to do things like Koroks? Through the spirit of Valoo. Note that after the flood(Dependent on which timeline you go by), Skullkids no longer have beaks.
Skull kids are pretty much helpless as the land is about to flood.

However, they all have the 'Zora symbol' but i'm stuck on thinking that that symbol isn't Zora so much as Nayru. Who happened to play a harp as an incarnated Oracle.

Also, If you'll look at Stalchildren and Ritos, they both have red eyes. Zora eyes are fishy black.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Here's my offset opinion:
The Zora didn't evolve. Why would they evolve? If their water mass just got BIGGER why try and live above water?
No, I considered the Korok's evolution. The Koroks learned how to fly using the leaves provided by the Great Deku Tree Jr.
The Gorons are either IN the mountains, or mostly wiped out, but they still exist so It's not Gorons.
Hylians obviously are still around on islands.
The Gerudos...are still pirates i'm sure. I believe that they lived in the fortress and then Ganondorf turned them all into pigs.
So what major race does this leave?
What race is the only one with beaks, and still canon?
What's the race that everyone forgets, figuratively and literally?
Skull kids.
Skull kids have beaks. And if they're all lost in the forest, how can they figure out how to do things like Koroks? Through the spirit of Valoo. Note that after the flood(Dependent on which timeline you go by), Skullkids no longer have beaks.
Skull kids are pretty much helpless as the land is about to flood.

However, they all have the 'Zora symbol' but i'm stuck on thinking that that symbol isn't Zora so much as Nayru. Who happened to play a harp as an incarnated Oracle.

Also, If you'll look at Stalchildren and Ritos, they both have red eyes. Zora eyes are fishy black.

In evolution terms it would be logical if the zora eyes changed. They have eyes that are designed to look under water. If they kept these eyes if they got on land/ turn into rito they would see all blurry. I think the zora's got a little help from the gods, because a animal species can't evolve so drasticly in just a couple hundred years.

Well, the Rito evolving from Skull kids sounds sort of logical, except for the fact that it doesn't account for the missing Zora's. It's more likely that the Zora's evolved into the Rito with a little help from the Gods, so that they wouldn't find the old Hyrule. Zora's would probably settle on the bottom of the sea, and the Gods wouldn't want them to discover old Hyrule, they wanted the people above the sea to make a new one.

Leix

Error
Why wouldn't the Goddesses want them to find Hyrule? Ganon was the only one who dosen't want people heading to Hyrule. Wait, who flooded Hyrule? Was it Ganon, or was it the Goddesses stopping Ganon?

Ok, and about the eyes Smitie. If they couldn't see on land, then why the heck are Zoras standing on land all the time?

And another question: Where do the LoZ Zoras fit into this? They look much different, and prefer to kill people on land from water instead of communicate.

And another question: Where do the LoZ Zoras fit into this? They look much different, and prefer to kill people on land from water instead of communicate.

The Zora's in LoZ are river Zora's, who are pretty hostile. Also, it was the Goddesses who flooded Hyrule to stop Ganon, and as for not wanting anyone to find Hyrule, in WW it said that the Godesses wanted the people to find a new Hyrule (I'm pretty sure) instead of finding the old one for some reason.

Yet they gave out pretty pearls and set up three islands?

Well, the Goddesses might have thought that Ganon would one day come back, so they set up a way to the Master Sword that only a Hero could get to. Also, we should probably get back on topic, but I can't think of anything more to say about the Rito.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
whoooh what did i miss here, now its suddenly skull kids and stalchildren.
people come up with theories these days depending 2 much on the looks. and we even brought the zora 's from the other zelda titles here.

there are 3 major points that support this theory:
1. the symbol
2. the sage
3. the sage saying only the bloodline carries the instrument

Leix, i agree with one thing with you. why the hell did the zora 's evovle when there is so many water that they could live, they didn 't need a reason to adjust. thats also what i was thinking in the first place
but...
as i said in one of my earlier posts, we are missing one important fact. the king of red lions told you something about that all people took refuge in the mountain tops when ganon escaped from the sacred realm. and then the gods decided to seal hyrule so the great flood occurd. so it would make sense why the zora evolved. and why the gorons didn 't in WW. the gorons already lived in the mountains, the zora would have by now adjusted theirselfs before the great flood. but most of the gorons is wiped out.

Leix

Error
Well, I believe that
1. The symbol is simply a symbol representative of Nayru, not nescisarilly Zoras. It was on the pearl. And if you'll notice, only Jabun himself had Nayru's pearl, the Rito tribe only had the silly Din's pearl.
2 & 3. I know I know, but whos to say that t here wasn't any cross breeding or anything along those lines?l
And your fourth point dosen't seem to really answer anything about the Zora evolving. It still dosen't make any sense for Zora to take refugee.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Well, I believe that
1. The symbol is simply a symbol representative of Nayru, not nescisarilly Zoras. It was on the pearl. And if you'll notice, only Jabun himself had Nayru's pearl, the Rito tribe only had the silly Din's pearl.
2 & 3. I know I know, but whos to say that t here wasn't any cross breeding or anything along those lines?l
And your fourth point dosen't seem to really answer anything about the Zora evolving. It still dosen't make any sense for Zora to take refugee.

ok i will try my best to awnser this:
1. if you say that symbol represent naryu, then explain why the spitual stones are also shaped in those symbol. if they also representthe 3 goddesses, it still would not make any sense, because din 's pearl as a whole other symbol. what would that say? is there a 4th goddess or something, i higly doubt that.
2&3
- i don 't know anything about cross breeding, but who can breed with zora 's?
- my 4th point doesn 't makes sense? why? zora+living in high mountain doesn 't fit in my eyes. and for the 3th time, they took refuge because ganon escaped from the sacred realm.
so to put it simple: ganon escaped from sacred realm ---> people hope for the hero of time to return--->hero doesn 't shop up--->people take refuge to the mountains.

Leix

Error
ok i will try my best to awnser this:
1. if you say that symbol represent naryu, then explain why the spitual stones are also shaped in those symbol. if they also representthe 3 goddesses, it still would not make any sense, because din 's pearl as a whole other symbol. what would that say? is there a 4th goddess or something, i higly doubt that. ...
- my 4th point doesn 't makes sense? why? zora+living in high mountain doesn 't fit in my eyes. and for the 3th time, they took refuge because ganon escaped from the sacred realm.
so to put it simple: ganon escaped from sacred realm ---> people hope for the hero of time to return--->hero doesn 't shop up--->people take refuge to the mountains.
But the Zoras don't LIVE in the mountains, they primarily live UNDER THE WATER! And why would they need to take refugee!? Isn't being in the water well hidden enough!? The humans flee to the mountains because they can not live under the water, but the Zoras? Why wouldn't they just swim down to the bottom stay there?

I think that the Rito tribe are supposed to be descendants of the Zora, but no it does not make sense. Ganon escaping the Sacred Realm is irrelevant to the fact that the water is unsafe in the Great Sea because Ganon does not want to take over the Great Sea. He simply wants the Triforce. When Ganon escapes and Hyrule is submerged, the people take refuge on the mountains because they cannot live underwater, who knows what happend to the Gorons, and Ganon goes above water to search for Zelda...Which is where we have Wind Waker taking place eventually.

The Seas are not in any danger because of Ganon or his minions; therefore, there is no reason a Zora would be unable to continue living as they are.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
But the Zoras don't LIVE in the mountains, they primarily live UNDER THE WATER! And why would they need to take refugee!? Isn't being in the water well hidden enough!? The humans flee to the mountains because they can not live under the water, but the Zoras? Why wouldn't they just swim down to the bottom stay there?

you tell me, or go ask the king of red lions.
he is the one who said about the whole refuge thing.
but from what i read from your post, you think the people took refuge because of the great flood. they already fled to the mountains before the great flood accurd. the reason is that ganon took over hyrule and the hero didn 't show up. and then the gods decided to drown hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom