• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Pronounce Fi

How do you pronounce Fi?

• Fee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fie

• Fay

• Other

• Total voters

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I always pronouced it as Fee because thats the first reaction that I got when I saw that word, so it kinda just stuck with me.

Fee fi fo fum! I smell the blood of a Hylian boy!

Sorry bout that, the poll made me think of that old tune. Anyways, always say Fee. Pronunciation is not my strong suit. OH-car-ina is how I say ocarina. :)

i always pronounce it Fai and french and spanish's Fay is closer to Fai than to Fee. I mean i know nothing of all that japanese stuff, but i do think its Fai. Too bad we cant ask a creator of LOZ :P

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I pronounced Fie.
Nintendo reps have pronounced it this way,
and she just said that it roughly translates to Fai or Fie (in America anyways)

It bothers me hows i always end up finding out that i've been pronouncing characters names wrong. lol

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I pronounce it fee, but only because in Spanish the letter "i" only has one sound (which is the "e" sound), so I pronounce it like that

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I like saying it like fee. I have known her as fee since the first day I saw her name. When they changed Phi to Fi I was a bit worried I would have to pronounce it differently, but I decided not to worry myself and to just stick with saying it like Fee. It does sound a bit nicer than fie anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom