• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Voice Acting In Zelda Wii U

zeldatreasure

zeldatreasurechest
I would equate hearing Link's voice to seeing KISS without their make up for the first time. Not a good idea. (KISS is a band for you younger kids.)

i guess it could work if they did it right, but if they made link say stupid stuff it would be lame. so i'm fine without it

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Voice acting is a possibility and I wouldn't mind if they incorporated it, but I'm not pushing for voice acting either. Zelda is a good game series with or woot voice acting, in my opinion.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I don't want voice acting. We all saw what happened with voice acting in the past... "Wellllll exxxcccuuuussseee me princess!" That line alone made me want to cry and find a counsellor to talk to.. :P So no. I would prefer no talking in the next, or any Zelda title.

T

TheUltimateHobo

Zelda doesn't need any more voice acting than it already has. I mean, they have tried giving Link and the rest of the characters voices in the cartoons and how did that turn out? It was absolutely horrible! I don't know about you guys, but I am perfectly fine with text boxes.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
It would be cool, but not like CD-i style. That sucked. Only for the cutscenes. Link shouldn't be one of the people talking because it doesn't seem right when Link has diolauge (as long as it's something like SS where it didn't show Link talking, then it's ok. that includes various things he could say to others). Keep the text boxes though. So bottom line, I really don't care. It would be cool if there was voice acting, but if there isn't, then I'm OK with it.

Voice acting is a must. Skyward Sword felt...odd without it. And, personally, I wouldn't care if Link had a voice either; seems only natural to me.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I'm surprised one aspect of a talking Zelda hasn't been brought up: the ability to name Link. It's been a tradition ever sense the very first title, and while plenty of people just name him Link, the ability to name him whatever you want is a major design aspect, and for some people it goes a long way to "linking" the player to Link.

Given the technical limitations (or, should I say, the realistic assets needed to make it work properly), you just can't have voice acting + character naming. They could try to work around it by never mentioning Link by name... but that would get old fast.

While I'm personally not opposed to having voice acting to some extent, I don't want to loss the ability to name Link either.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
I'm surprised one aspect of a talking Zelda hasn't been brought up: the ability to name Link

Zelda's been given dialogue in the games before (in the form of text), while Link has never had any dialouge. If they were going to add voice acting to the Zelda franchise, Zelda would still be given dialogue (and voice acting), though Link may or may not be given a voice actor. That's probably why.

*sings* Noooo:D Nintendo has a system, it's worked fantastically so far, and I think voices would kill it. Like what if they have someone like Malon have a super high pitched, nasal voice, that ruined the character for you? I've grown up with these character's voices in my own head, and to hear some random persons voice coming out would be annoying...even in Hylian. Then I would probably blow the game up, because there's always that one SUPER OBNOXIOUSLY VOICED character in those kinds of games. So no, they should not

I say yes to voice acting. It would be just like skyrim, all the caracters talk, except the player, and there would be an option to turn the text on and off.

I personally won't care either way as to if it has voice acting or not. I think it would be nice if it did have it, and I believe they could have Link remain silent and it still work well. Having it and having an option to turn it off would please most people, right? Since it's such a big franchise I think I would trust Nintendo well enough to do a pretty good job with the voices, too. I doubt they would let their fans down, really. :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom