• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce on Demise's Sword

Wow. Everyone in this thread seems to have summed it up quite well. It's just a symbol to show opposition.

As said above ^ Ghirahim is supposed to be the opposite of Fi. Fi is the Master Sword so Ghirahim is the opposite of that, the Anti-Master Sword or the evil version of the MS. Since there is a Triforce symbol on the Master Sword it makes sense that the Anti-MS would have an upside down version of it. It's playing off the whole idea of them being complete opposites.

I think the relationship between Fir and Ghirahim is fascinating, it's like the Yin and Yang. Good vs Evil. One aids the hero the other aids the ultimate evil. It's a dualism that is present between the two and interwoven into the story quite well. I find it to be one of the most interesting parts of Skyward Sword.

Just wanted to bump this in agreement. Nothing else really makes any sense. Demise is also suppose to be the opposite of Hylia in the War and in opposition to the 3 goddesses that were in line with Hylia who created the universe and the earth and the TriFroce (Din, Farore and Nayru), just perhaps the image on Demises Sword is in correlation to their destruction or a negative control over the 3 goddesses' power's as well (to destroy instead of support the human race and life on Earth, etc)

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Demise is not the opposite version of Link. He is the opposite version of Hylia, or maybe even stronger. The three Gods created Hylia as the sovereign deity over Hyrule, but she was not a full god who participated in creation. Arguably, she was more of a demigod than a full-fledged god. Demise, on the other hand, is a demon of some sort. Who the demons are or where they come from is unknown, but he appears to predate Hylia somehow. After all, the Gods didn't create him; he was apparently already living within Hyrule. Perhaps he was buried by the Gods—who knows?

Anyway, the Master Sword isn't Link's blade. It is Hylia's sword infused with the power of the Golden Gods. So when Demise's blade takes on similar characteristics of the Master Sword, it is mimicking Hylia and the Gods, not Link.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Wait a minute

evil triforce.jpg

Just did it in a minute with paint, expect a fanfic

On-topic: it was just a symbol in my opinion

I would just like to point out that on a sword, it really would be nrither right side up, nor upside down. Depending on if the blade is pointing either up or down, it could be either one.

I also think that Nintendo just intendet to show that Demise and his powers are made from pure evil, so it dosn't really have any meaning for the world in the games.

Here is a wild theory though: If Hylia and her sword were made from the three godesses, and she is the ambassador of the three gods on earth, and Demise is the complete opposite of Hylia...Does this mean he is also an ambassador? So, is there another, evil god (and I know, this is really on bad fanfiction level, I'm sorry^^)?

The triforce represents everything that is good and pure, just like the master sword.
The upside down triforce represent everything that is evil and corrupted, just like the Dark Master Sword that Demise carries..

Djinn

and Tonic
The triforce represents everything that is good and pure, just like the master sword.
The upside down triforce represent everything that is evil and corrupted, just like the Dark Master Sword that Demise carries..

I'm not so certain they represent anything good at all really. All descriptions and even the triforce itself states that it is incapable of judging between good or evil. It only grants wishes because it is an object. It represents the goddesses that created the land and not really anything else. The demons would know of them and the triforce just as any other spirit or person in Hyrule. And Demise did want to claim it for himself just as Ganondorf in OoT. The triforce was even used to create and maintain a demonic realm in the Dark World in ALTTP. So there really is no judgment or purity present within it. It is just another object of power that could be used by many for their own ends. Only it is the greatest of the objects of power.

The Hylians like to adorn their buildings and creations with a triforce in a way of presenting the power, or maybe channeling its power if not metaphorically. I do not see why it would be any different for demons if they could use it just as well. It is the same as placing a symbol of power on a weapon or shield.

I'm not so certain they represent anything good at all really. All descriptions and even the triforce itself states that it is incapable of judging between good or evil. It only grants wishes because it is an object. It represents the goddesses that created the land and not really anything else. The demons would know of them and the triforce just as any other spirit or person in Hyrule. And Demise did want to claim it for himself just as Ganondorf in OoT. The triforce was even used to create and maintain a demonic realm in the Dark World in ALTTP. So there really is no judgment or purity present within it. It is just another object of power that could be used by many for their own ends. Only it is the greatest of the objects of power.

The Hylians like to adorn their buildings and creations with a triforce in a way of presenting the power, or maybe channeling its power if not metaphorically. I do not see why it would be any different for demons if they could use it just as well. It is the same as placing a symbol of power on a weapon or shield.

I understand what you are saying and that is actually a very sophisticated statement. Allow me to rephrase what i meant, The master sword is used to defeat Evil, therefore it is used by a person who is good, and would use the triforce for good and pure reasons only. On the Dark Master Sword, it is upside down, because it represents the opposite, that the person that sword belongs to would use the triforce for evil.. Also, the reason the upside down triforce would represent the evil counterpart is because the Original form of the triforce when it is right side up, was created by the Old Gods, whom were good and pure, and would be one day used to destroy evil

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I understand what you are saying and that is actually a very sophisticated statement. Allow me to rephrase what i meant, The master sword is used to defeat Evil, therefore it is used by a person who is good, and would use the triforce for good and pure reasons only. On the Dark Master Sword, it is upside down, because it represents the opposite, that the person that sword belongs to would use the triforce for evil.. Also, the reason the upside down triforce would represent the evil counterpart is because the Original form of the triforce when it is right side up, was created by the Old Gods, whom were good and pure, and would be one day used to destroy evil

I wouldn't bet on that one! I believe it's just that, power, it's a symbol of the god(desse)s, of the goddesses of power, wisdom and courage, the triforce is power, that's why both swords have the triforce, the dark one is upside down purely because it's the polar opposite of the master sword

Something just crossed my mind, if it is the dark equivalent of the MS, would it have to be forged from a "devil's sword" to work,it would make an awesome prequel (what I mean is, seeing how the enemy's sword powers up in each battle, and Ghirahim gets more powerful, etc), it could go from devil's sword to a longer devil's sword to a devil's sword with a red glow to a dark aster sword, interesting, but on to actual theory, what do you guys think?

Pie Master

Master of cakes and pies
Somewhere in the jungles of Qoetzacotloal's
Something just crossed my mind, if it is the dark equivalent of the MS, would it have to be forged from a "devil's sword" to work,it would make an awesome prequel (what I mean is, seeing how the enemy's sword powers up in each battle, and Ghirahim gets more powerful, etc), it could go from devil's sword to a longer devil's sword to a devil's sword with a red glow to a dark aster sword, interesting, but on to actual theory, what do you guys think?

Ghirahim is a demon sword, so the point is kinda moot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom