• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if You Never Came Across Video Games?

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Well, I wouldn't be as in depth, I wouldn't care about getting to know people, I wouldn't have gotten the inspiration on how to do certain things, and it would mean I never came across Zelda (that would be...depressing). Yeah, that would be a pretty sad life. I'm glad I did discover video games. :)

I don't really bring my love of video games out into the open, so it might not change my life in a major way, but in regards to Zelda and my life, I probably wouldn't put as much an emphasis on courage and being a good person. I know, I kind of sound like a nerd.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I probably would have done better in school, I know I'd have a decent job lol, and I think I would have met more women. Not disappointed though, I love playing video games. :D

Hmm, it's strange to think about how my life would be different if I never discovered video games or they simply didn't exist. They've been such a large part of my life (for better or worse) for as long as I can remember. I'd probably read a lot more if it weren't for video games (which certainly isn't a bad thing) Altho I'm trying to think of a realistic scenario where I wouldn't have discovered video games in a world where the internet exists and is so prevalent and I'm drawing a blank. Maybe if I were born in a less privileged part of the world.

I'd also likely be into film a lot more than I am currently. When I sit down with some free time and it comes down to watching a movie or playing a game, 9 times out of 10 I'll choose to play a game instead. Or who knows, maybe in some weird alternate reality I'd actually *gasp* do something productive occasionally :P I shudder at the thought.

I would have soooo much more time for other stuff,I would be more creative and a better athlete,but I don't regred finding video games since I love them so.

Well gonna start that me never playing video games could never happen because my whole family plays video games but if I never played them I wouldn't have half of my friends.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I would have rock-hard abs, a Swedish bikini model for a girlfriend, no acne, perfect white teeth, X-ray vision, and a pet tiger that can fly and expel fire out of his anus.

In all seriousness I couldn't conceive of myself not liking video games, not even someone who occasionally plays video games. Maybe to make me dislike video games you would have to rewire my brain to be more sociable. In that parallel universe I would have many more friends, girlfriends and maybe play sports.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
This thread is depressing.

I concur.

I don"t realy think my life would have been all too different. I'm a very imaginative person who needs something to occupy my time. I probably would've found another otlet or do some of the other activities that I already do, such as reading, writing, studyiing for school, ect.

I would probably spend a lot more time on books, I used to be an avid book reader, then I split my time between video games and reading. Nowadays, I spend more time playing video games than reading. I probably wouldn't have as much fun with my boyfriend then, since we both like to play video games together or watch each other play. I wouldn't want to think about how my life would be without being introduced to video games since it has been an integral part of my life for so long.

Oh my god. If I had NEVER come across videogames, I think I would have a very boring life, considering I suck at most sports, and can only play the piano. Honestly, videogames help me kill time and are my main source of entertainment. Without them, I'd be REALLY bored and depressed. >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom