• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Are No Zelda Characters Ever in Mario Kart or Mario Party Games?

To make it simple. I mean seriously a family of monkeys can play tennis, a fire breathing dinosaur turtle can drive a go kart, etc..., but it's too unrealistic for Link and Zelda "who is almost the same as princess peach and daisy" and all the other characters in their games can not be even considered to be in spin off games... I mean seriously if they were I would actually play mario party or mario kart wii.

in other news why does mario kart double dash look like it has 10x better graphics than mario kart wii?

Majora's Cat

How about that
Because Zelda characters are in Zelda games, and the only characters featured in Mario Party franchise has either been in Mario games before or are related to the series.

Simple stuff.

This is the most random conglomeration of questions I have ever seen on this site.

There is a reason it's called "Mario Kart" and "Mario Party". There are people on this site advocating for a Zelda version of titles like this so go join them in their desires.

Also, yeah, Double Dash has better graphics than Mario Kart Wii but 7 definitely boasts the best visuals of the franchise.

super smash bros has a mix and soul caliber has had link. just because he belongs to zelda games isn't reason enough. i mean mario party games... its party? no its not a party unless link is there

Jesse, please read the word Mario in the title of both franchise names.

300px-Face-wink_svg.png

Majora's Cat

How about that
super smash bros has a mix and soul caliber has had link. just because he belongs to zelda games isn't reason enough. i mean mario party games... its party? no its not a party unless link is there

Yeah, because Super Smash Bros. is based around mixing a bunch of Nintendo icons into a fighter. Third party characters were also added due to popular demand, but that's pretty much it. Soul Calibur always features special characters from different video games and media, but Mario Party and Mario Kart are strictly Mario. Unless the franchise gets a name change, it would make zero sense to put a Zelda character in a Mario spin-off. And if Nintendo did want to include Zelda characters in a spin-off game, it would either be in an entirely new IP (like they've always done with Zelda spin-offs).

Because they have been in spin off games. Super Smash Brothers is the only Nintendo wide game, and they're in that. But Mario Kart/Party/Tennis/etc. is a MARIO only thing. Those characters have been in Mario somewhere in that series, and so they can get it. But neither Zelda nor Link have ever been in Mario, and so they can't be considered...

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It's because they are meant for "Mario" characters hence the names Mario Kart, Party, etc. And there aren't enough Zelda characters to make a Zelda Kart, etc.

As everyone has said it is Mariokart not Zeldakart. I think Zelda games are too serious to have spin off games (sport games, party games, kart racers) made based on them. Only games that have been spin off with zelda characters are fighting games or shooting games (crossbow training). (I dont count tingle games)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom