• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda As Links Daughter?

What if Nintendo made a Zelda game where Link was a father and his daughter was Zelda. I mean am I the only one who would think that Link would look hot with a beard? Now I am 100% straight but come on bros., you know Link wouldn't looks so bad with some 5 o'clock shadow:D Now before you say that this cannot happen because the father of Zelda must be the King of Hyrule you could also say that the story of the game would take place in Hyrule, but a new family is ruling it. So although this version of Link(or Father Link :lol:) is a descendant of the Hylian Royal Family, its line doesnt rule Hyrule anymore. Maybe the whole story of the game could be that Link must restore the original Hylian line because the current ruling family of Hyrule is evil and corrupt I don't know. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Seems like an interesting concept. It'd be cool to see a much older Link as the hero. I'd almost like to see him with a beard.

Last edited:

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
But... But... but then Link and Zelda couldn't get married! Oh common. You know that the hero always gets the girl in the end. Link couldn't marry his daughter unless he lived in Texas... just kidding.

But... But... but then Link and Zelda couldn't get married! Oh common. You know that the hero always gets the girl in the end. Link couldn't marry his daughter unless he lived in Texas... just kidding.

The problem with this is that Link only "got" Zelda on two instances. He holds her hand at the end of Spirit Tracks. And in Adventure of Link they kiss BUT THAT'S ONLY IMPLIED. Since they do it behind a curtain you don't know if Zelda kissed Link on the cheek or on his lips. Or if she even kissed him to begin with. Other than that, Links pretty much in the friend zone.

Last edited:
I don't think it's too far out. Remember the heroes aren't necessarily blood related and so it could well happen that one is born from the Royal Family. How it would impact on the game though I'm not sure. It would probably just end up like the film Taken...

Thats just what i thought, it'll be like taken. kinda like the first part of wind waker except it'll be links daughter and not sister. if they made a zelda game like that, i think it could be great :)

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
After all this time playing Zelda, I don't really see any romance between Zelda and Link. I know it's virtually what everybody thinks of the story in Skyward Sword, yet I see it as a friendship as much as Link and Saria's relationship is friendship. I would love to see this in the next game, in fact I've been looking forward to seeing a more mature Link for a while.

500x_linkbeard.jpg

Zelda Wii U, anyone?

(Source: Making game characters more mature with beards - National Console Game | Examiner.com)

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I think that'd be a pretty good idea. IN Wind Waker, when Link is driven by saving his sister, there's a good sense of emotion behind everything he does and it would be good to have something similar guiding him again, saving his family. Seeing an older Link would be awesome too. I'd be all for this.

I think that's just waaaay too far out, honestly. I mean, I think to me, seeing an older Link is the first part that's hard to comprehend. And then to have him trying to save his "daughter" just seems a bit odd. Even in Wind Waker, when he first set out to save his sister, that was an odd concept for me.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
The idea is cool but I wouldn't make his daughter Zelda. Maybe his sister instead. I see that as much more reasonable and acceptable than daughter.

It would be an interesting idea instead of Link just saving a random person he just meets like OoT, WW or TP.

I think that would be a nice change. Have a dad go save his daughter or have the daughter go save her dad like King's Quest IV.

As far as bearded link there is a mod for twilight princess with high res textures that gives link a beard. He is pretty creepy looking

im not a big zelda & link fan more of a malon & link fan so i think your idea's cool and (i know malon and link dont happen i just love the idea)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom