• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think a Steampunk Themed Zelda Game Would Be Good?

T

triple split

I think it would be good if it was for sheik as the main character and they made it into a platformer

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
we had trains in ST. How is that medievel

That was one small thing in a sea of all Zelda. It was just a special thing in one of the games that made it stand out from the rest of the games. Besides, it's just one element in the game in an otherwise fantasy environment, it's not like the entire game was covered with technology like that. I would also like to add that the tracks sealed a Demon King or something like that, they weren't just there because the people are more advanced. Not sure, I haven't actually played the game. =/

Maybe if it had a steampunk undertone,
but I don't think a full on steampunk theme would be a good idea.
I think it would take too much away from what Zelda is.

Zelda is not medieval only, mainly yes, but not only

I like the idea, but just if its not too extreme, similar to Spirit Tracks, the one that already seems steampunk to me, or more, why not

steampunk is fun but in a zelda game u cant have too much of it, just small features or an area/race that is designated too it

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
After experiencing the Lanayru Mining Facility, upon other places, I'm wholly open to the idea of steampunk themes in my Zelda. But just don't make it a Steampunk Zelda... if you know what I mean.

I don't want to see every man and their dog driving a steampowered cart/train around like those ridiculous Lokomos. I am yet to play Spirit Tracks, but I think I've seen enough.

Zelda has a medieval feeling to it excluding ST and PH. I just don't think that it would fit the genre of video game that Zelda is.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Well we had trains... so we already had steam. But as for an ENTIRE game with steampunk... YES!!! I love steampunk and I am quite obsessed with it. One thing that always confused me about spirit tracks was why there weren't any guns. Trains were invented before guns... right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom