• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters

skybird11

state alchemist
i really like SS. the sky wasn't as disappointing as WW's great sea and i love riding the loftwing. the surface in each region isn't just large and straight forward fields, but puzzley terrain. the game brings you back to each area not just once, but twice, which was nice. also the RPG elements were a nice addition to the series.

of course everyone has different prefferances on small things like: a connected surface, more sky islands, etc. even i do, but the game was, over all, very good.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Wow, I hadn't thought about that. But I guess a reason could be that Skyloft ISN'T what you're trying to save. Nintendo put all these cutscenes at the beginning to show you the bond Zelda and Link had, and when she gets kidnapped, it is obvious that the only thing that should be in your mind for the rest of the game is save Zelda and, eventually, defeat Demise. Skyloft was sent above the clouds to protect it from the Surface so there was really no more reasons to worry about it.

Then tell me: if the world above the clouds is so safe, why does Zelda get lost to the world beneath, and why is there a parasite riding a giant whale?

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
You ask 'is SS is good or bad?' but give 'yes' or 'no' as options? sure there must be logic in there somewhere but damned if i can see it!

anyway, it's a great game but it's not the best in the series, that honour goes to TP

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
It depends on your playing style. If you like exploring and lots of side content than Wind Waker is more for you. If you love dungeons and puzzles than this is the game for you since the areas under the clouds are like big dungeons. I loved it since I love dungeons and puzzles. Is it a good game, yes. Will everyone like it, no.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
What if people besides you had Wiimotes that weren't working properly and it kept giving them trouble? They might've worked "perfectly" for you, but there could always be technological issues with others. I think it's best we leave it at that because, let's face it, not everyone would want to tell of the true status of their Wiimotes, for a variety of reasons.

That's a specific Wii Remote's fault, not the programmed controls'.

Lordyay

Lordyay
Skyward sword is my favorite Zelda Game I love the art direction and the game play I liked. The motion controls were a little wonky but other than that it was pretty good
I would give a 8/10

MW7

That's a specific Wii Remote's fault, not the programmed controls'.
Exactly. The reason people keep arguing with you is because you keep making sweeping generalizations like "the problem lies not with the controls, but with the players." Of course that's true to a certain extent, but in other threads and here you've said things that completely ignore all other explanations for people having problems with the controls. All you can say with certainty is that the controls are perfect for you and some other people. I completely disagree that human error is the source of all complaints just because the controls work as intended for some people. What I believe is that human error is the source of many complaints about the controls because several people have reported experiencing problems and later realizing that it was their own fault. You can speculate that the controls were as close to perfect as possible, but you can't say for certain. So please stop speaking in absolutes- nothing is perfect and I've heard you imply the same yourself several times before about other things.

Edit: Haha I just realized that my first sentence itself is a sweeping generalization; talk about irony.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Exactly. The reason people keep arguing with you is because you keep making sweeping generalizations like "the problem lies not with the controls, but with the players." Of course that's true to a certain extent, but in other threads and here you've said things that completely ignore all other explanations for people having problems with the controls. All you can say with certainty is that the controls are perfect for you and some other people. I completely disagree that human error is the source of all complaints just because the controls work as intended for some people. What I believe is that human error is the source of many complaints about the controls because several people have reported experiencing problems and later realizing that it was their own fault. You can speculate that the controls were as close to perfect as possible, but you can't say for certain. So please stop speaking in absolutes- nothing is perfect and I've heard you imply the same yourself several times before about other things.

I didn't learn about faulty Wii Remotes until very recently, so...

In my opinion, I love Skyward Sword. It was an amazing game and addition to the Legend of Zelda series.

Big Octo

=^)
Well, it was a good game, and in no way absolutely awful, but in Zelda standards, it wasn't the all-time best for me. I just felt that there could be more, not in every aspect, but certainly in important places. Honestly, I don't feel it should be receiving too much praise, there were flaws, and I don't think it's as close to perfect as some make it out to be.

I honestly didn't enjoy Skyward Sword that much. The characters were eh and so were the side quests. I did like some of the dungeons and some of the boss battles but some dungeons like Skykeep were not exciting to me. I am not a fan of motion controls, I love a good old analog stick and an a and b button. The flying parts of the game were my least favorite because they were not very responsive or exciting for that matter. The only thing I did enjoy were the last hour of the game like the final plot points and fight with Demise. Oh and by the way, the 3 fight with Giraham were almost exactly the same and did NOT suit my fancy. Overall I would rate Skyward Sword on my bottom 5 Zelda Games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom