• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Demise Some Form of Dark Link?

A

Acapreesanz

I think that Demise might be a earlier form of Dark Link from OoT.

First off, they similar locations and color schemes. Also, Demise has somewhat the same movements and attacks as SS Link(i.e. the Skyward Strike and 3 consistent sword slashes on a hard object being more of a left-right-left/right-left-right pattern). For those of you who don't know, Dark Link in OoT mimics Link's sword and shield movements.

Maybe when the water temple was being crafted, that mini boss was made to replicate the final boss battle from so many ages ago.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I think they went to some lengths to make sure we understood that Demise would reincarnate as Ganondorf. I mean, even Demise's firey mane type thing looks like Ganondorf's red hair. I think the similarities between the arenas where you fight Demise and Dark Link are purely coincidental.

As for Demise having the same attacks as Link, well, they are both fighitng with a single sword. Makes sense that their attacks would be similar. It also seems clear that Demise uses a sword with similar abilities as the Master Sword. It looks like an evil version of it and also has its own version of Fi. Did the Goddess create the Master Sword based off of the one Demise uses? Who knows, but the important thing is Demise's sword has similar powers since it seems to just be an evil version of the Master Sword.

T

Trevo

If Dark Link was Demise, then wouldn't he be one of Link's Ancestors? Because I thought Dark Link was always one of links ancestors. For example, in Spirit Tracks, Dark Link's music was the same as the ghost ship music in Phantom Hourglass, which is the time WW Link existed in, and ST Link had to battle Dark Link. Wouldn't that make Dark Link WW Link, and also ST Link's Ancestor?

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
I'm going to take a guess here and say Dark Link in Water Temple is part of a curse by Morpha. Morpha probably been in the room where the Dark Link came from and moved into the boss room seven years later and left some of it's magic and curse in that room.

A

Acapreesanz

If Dark Link was Demise, then wouldn't he be one of Link's Ancestors? Because I thought Dark Link was always one of links ancestors. For example, in Spirit Tracks, Dark Link's music was the same as the ghost ship music in Phantom Hourglass, which is the time WW Link existed in, and ST Link had to battle Dark Link. Wouldn't that make Dark Link WW Link, and also ST Link's Ancestor?

WW Link and ST Link are the same person.

@TheThunderGod I was thinking that the water in Dark Link's chamber was too shallow for Morpha. I might be wrong and taking it too technically but I do see your reasoning.

A

Acapreesanz

Well st is after ph because linebeck is dead, he has a granchild at least making it 200 years later

Yes it is after PH, but it's not 200 years later. Linebeck was about 30-50 and people have kids around those ages, his grandson was around those ages, making it 60-100 years later. Its is a large range but it is leaning more towards the 100 side.

The more I think about it, the more it seems likely, but I really doubt it. I think that the evidence proving Demise as Ganondorf is a lot stronger than the 'evidence' proving Demise as Dark Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom