• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Best Pokemon Card As a Kid?

I only ever collected Gen 1 and a handful of Gen 2, but I played the game a lot back then and still have my cards. (I should play it again sometime soon...) My most prized cards, as well as probably my rarest and my most powerful are my Dark Machoke and Dark Machamp. I think they're from the Team Rocket set.

Dark Machoke has two attacks, Knock Back and Drag Off. They both mess around with the other player's active Pokemon and bench. Knock back damages the current active Pokemon and forces him to switch with another, whereas Drag Off does a little less damage but allows you to choose the new active Pokemon out of their bench and actually attack it.

Dark Machamp was much simpler, but even more brutal. Fling allowed him to take the active Pokemon and shuffle it and all attached cards into the opponent's deck. Then he just had Mega Punch which did 40 damage.

With these two I could endlessly screw around with my opponent's bench and completely control the game as long as I kept them alive. I was also a fan of Elekid, because his Pokemon Power allowed him to hit Pokemon while he was still on the bench. Honestly not a bad combination with Dark Machoke and Machamp.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I only ever collected Gen 1 and a handful of Gen 2, but I played the game a lot back then and still have my cards. (I should play it again sometime soon...) My most prized cards, as well as probably my rarest and my most powerful are my Dark Machoke and Dark Machamp. I think they're from the Team Rocket set.

Dark Machoke has two attacks, Knock Back and Drag Off. They both mess around with the other player's active Pokemon and bench. Knock back damages the current active Pokemon and forces him to switch with another, whereas Drag Off does a little less damage but allows you to choose the new active Pokemon out of their bench and actually attack it.

Dark Machamp was much simpler, but even more brutal. Fling allowed him to take the active Pokemon and shuffle it and all attached cards into the opponent's deck. Then he just had Mega Punch which did 40 damage.

With these two I could endlessly screw around with my opponent's bench and completely control the game as long as I kept them alive. I was also a fan of Elekid, because his Pokemon Power allowed him to hit Pokemon while he was still on the bench. Honestly not a bad combination with Dark Machoke and Machamp.

The only 'Dark' card I had was Dark Weezing. I'm jealous :(

The only 'Dark' card I had was Dark Weezing. I'm jealous :(
The Dark cards are pretty interesting ones. They're usually well suited to the name, as they often have very brutal and mean abilities, which really suits my style. I've even heard that the Dark cards are some of the strongest in some of the sets. I managed to get a few from friends a while back, and I highly recommend getting a few if you're still into the game, because they're always fun. :)

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I never really played with them, I just collected them. I think I had a few good ones, well, at least these are the ones I think are good.

• Dark Rapidash (my first card)
  • Dark Gyrados
  • Dark Arbok
  • Deoxys EX
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Dark Wartortle

That's all I can think of, most of those cards had a shinyish appearance, the only one that was worth some were Deoxys EX which is worth around 75$

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I used to have some of the 1st gen cards almost 10 years ago, but those were all cards my friends didn't want to have. I had an articuno card at some point, but that was probably a fake :P. I also had cards from a series that weren't official and it didn't go further than rapidash, but I don't know the name of these cards. Sadly, my mom threw all my pokemon stuff away without asking....sigh.

I don't even remember anymore. I think it was like . . . Articuno? Dialga?
. . .
I MISS IT. TT-TT

I never bought pokemon cards, but once I gained the card of serebbi when I had gone to the cinema to see the fouth movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom