• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Game Would You Make?

Hey guys, if you worked at Nintendo and had the job of creating a new game ( It can't be from any game series that were already made.) What would it be? I will reveal mine after the few first comments. :)

Rachel

be vigitant
I would probably make some sort of puzzle game akin to Professor Layton, but with more emphasis on nonlinear exploration.

I would make and RPG with an Active Time Battle system like Final Fantasy 4-9. It would have a story like a mixture of Final Fantasy 6 and 9. It would be a very non-linear game. I think that just by those descriptions, it would be my new favorite game.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would most definitely make an RPG. And I think I would make it turn-based. I love those ones and I miss them. I don't care for this whole real-time fighting they have now.

I would most definitely make an RPG. And I think I would make it turn-based. I love those ones and I miss them. I don't care for this whole real-time fighting they have now.

What about Fossil Fighters? Its pretty fun, and its turn based! Fossil Fighters: Champions Alright, well I would make a game that takes use of the touch controls, you would be able to parry attacks by touch ( hold) the center of the blade and move it to block attacks. But you get more exhausted by blocking, and then you can easily get pushed back. Then you need a 1-3 second rest to get your strength back. To attack, you touch ( hold) near the edge of the blade and direct it to how you hit them by moving it in to e'm. You gain force by holding the blade back ( Hold L button) it can help exhaust foes blocking and hurts more. If you cant seem to get away and get nearly exhausted, you can dodge a attack and get some distance ( Flick legs to left or right, down to duck from horizontal attacks. You can also sprint by flicking the leg while moving, and gain some force for a really good attack. What do you think? :cool:

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
An RPG in the vein of Skyrim but steampunk. If you'd lost an arm in the game you could get a prosthetic one and upgrade it, and it would be ultra realistic. If you lost a leg or arm, you would be stuck with it for the rest of the game. If you got cut in the arm you'd either need it amputated or go to a doctor to get it fixed up before you die of blood loss, and if you got shot somewhere you would scream out in pain and drop your weapon. Why? Cause that's what you would do in real life. You could develop a full character so that you could be from different countries and families, have different allies, and everything. It wouldn't be like Skyrim, where you have a relatively short main quest and then a bunch of side quests, but a 30+ hours main quest with a sh*t ton of side quests. Also, you could have full scale army battles, where you would actually fight among thousands of people. Yes, it's impossible with today's consoles and even PC's but still. And Airships and zeppelins and stuff. And sky pirates. With the addition of sky pirates that just made it a lot more clique than it would be.

If I wasn't limitied to current technology, I'd make a massive, expanisve, enriching, immersive real-time fighting RPG. Respectively, it would be similar to Skyrim. Here would be the criteria of my dream RPG.

- It would couple a medieval environment with heavy elements of fantasy in the gameplay, story, and lore.
- It would be a real-time fighting RPG with fluid combat (Skyrim's close-up combat was a little chopy. I'd improve on this)
- The game would be very open-ended. There would be multiple endings to several of the storylines depending on how you choose to play. The NPCs would treat you differently depending on your decisions. Though open-ended, it wouldn't take forever to complete a simple task. There would be a compass system in place to help complete quests/activities.
- The game would include magnificent, grand-scaled cut scenes. (Skyrim lacked this and was a huge dissapointment)
- I'd place heavy emphasis and detail on how the enviornment would look. The graphics would be realistic and lively. I'd want the player to enjoy traversing across the vast and varyed landscape that I had created.
- The updgrade system would depend on the skill level and how many quests you have completed. I want the player to have incentive to do the immersive quests and skills that I've included in the game. There would be signifigant benefits/awards waiting for them at the end of a skill/quest in weapons/armor.
- I'd pay as much attention to the dialogue of the people as I do the environment of the game. There would be several dialogue trees for each character, and the dialogue would be comical and interesting.

Those are just the few ideas that popped into my head while typing this. If all of those elements were included in one single game I'd probably have a heart attack and a stroke at the same time.

MW7

I'd make an action/adventure/RPG style game set within the Dragonball universe. Most of the releases in that series have been fighting games or beat'em up action games. In my idea for instance you could start with Goku, Gohan, Krillin (anyone really), or create your own character to add into the Dragonball universe. I'd make the main point of the game to collect the actual dragon balls so that there is a sense of adventure in the game, but there would also be opportunities to fight in the world martial arts tournament. Really I think this would be interesting as a sandbox style game so that your experience could be different every time you play through the game.

A cross between games like civilization, age of empires etc. Like real time strategy but also an in-depth political simulation. Not only do you deal with outside powers but with internal policies and politics. Basically you run a nation and try to survive in the hostile world. Do you conquer? Do you try and build up an economic power? A shining example of freedom or a police state? etc etc

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I would make a series of games because I have so many Ideas. One could be a game kind of like medieval total war, but it would be in hyrule. I would have an option to choose different eras in Hyrule, because different eras generally have different creatures. I would have 3 or 4 main settings. One would be around the SS time, one around the TP time combined with OoT, and one would be around the time of the great sea, then the last one would probably be in the "new hyrule" in ST. I think that there would be a storyline for each of them. Either that or I would take each of the wars in hyrule that are mentioned in the HH timeline and build a campaign on them and these settings would be for a multiplayer or a single player battle mode.
>I'm sure that if I was actually working at nintendo then I would have more time to brainstorm and therefore more ideas.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Everyone seems to want to make a RPG. That's a good thing because RPG have got to be my favorite type of game :3

I dunno... it would be really cool to help make the next Zelda game... but knowing me I'd be freaked out I'd mess it up :c

But, yes, if I were to make a new game with nintendo entirely it would have to be some kind of RPG with LOTS of different alternate scenes and different endings. I might make it like in Fire Emblem where if you lose one of your characters you don't get them back. But unlike Fire Emblem there could be a sidequest that could help bring that character back. If I made a game it would be LOTS of overworld exploring and a BUNCH of sidequests (I mean who DOESN'T like sidequests, I love em' :3)

Its one of my dream, make a video game series. But I bet most of us on this site want that as well c:

I said LOTS too much ^^;;

I'd make an action/adventure/RPG style game set within the Dragonball universe. Most of the releases in that series have been fighting games or beat'em up action games. In my idea for instance you could start with Goku, Gohan, Krillin (anyone really), or create your own character to add into the Dragonball universe. I'd make the main point of the game to collect the actual dragon balls so that there is a sense of adventure in the game, but there would also be opportunities to fight in the world martial arts tournament. Really I think this would be interesting as a sandbox style game so that your experience could be different every time you play through the game.

I am pretty sure I said it couldn't be from a series. I have played a Dragon Ball game. :nod:

MW7

I am pretty sure I said it couldn't be from a series. I have played a Dragon Ball game. :nod:

Sorry I thought it was different enough since most of those games are fighting. But you're right so how about a Dragon Ball rip-off of what I said haha. An open world RPG based around martial arts and adventuring.

Purple_Rupee

They call me Ammi
My game would be called "Rage"

The Story: Your hero/heroin will be named and created by you. As you awake one morning and your a genuinely average character you live on the island named a keji after the great hero keji who sealed away the ancient monster "aumi" as you awake your mother ask you how you slept and if you would run a few errands for her. Excited by the very idea of anything considerably close to adventure you dawn your lucky white T-shirt (you customize the pants and shoes yourself) as you head out you give your mother a kiss on the cheek and a smile and you depart. (story mode you begin learning the controls as you run around the small island bazaar collecting your mothers items) as you collect the last item you begin to head back toward home you notice something falling out of the sky and toward you. Out of curiosity you continue to stare at the object as it appears clearer you realize it is some type of rock and duck for cover the rock smashes into a nearby house leaving pure destruction in it's remain and the inhabitants dead. And as you begin getting scared from what you've just witnessed you look toward home and begin running as fast as you can. As you begin approaching your home it explodes and a shard from the explosion sinks into your chest you fall to the ground and feel deaths embrace begin to overtake you as you. Hours later you awake to nothing but rubble all around you and you struggle to stand and begin heading home to check on your mother. When you enter the house you fall to your knees and look upon your mother pinned by one of the beams of the demolished house you try to lift the beam but to no avail your too weak. She smiles as she breaths her final breaths and rubs the side of your face tenderly before passing.

You begin to cry your tears smudging the blood stains on her face. You stand and attempt again to move the beam to bury her but again you are too weak you scream in anger and pain as your wounds from the shard that mysteriously is no longer in your chest begin to re open and bleed out more. You fall and cry more before standing to again push but again yielding the same results. Then suddenly you hear a voice and you see a shady figure wearing black clothing standing in your door way you walk toward the person and ask if they are a survivor of the disaster. The person then hands you a piece of paper and dis-appears among the rubble to interested in the paper you pay no mind to the vanishing stranger and open the paper to read. It's a map and at the bottom it shows the hero's name "Keji" You follow the map which leads to a cave under the island. (I won't go into depth on how you get there because you take over and learn to read the map) you enter the cave and begin hearing ringing it's almost ear splitting and it drives you crazy but suddenly a force pulls you into the cave and the ringing gets louder and louder the farther you go. It becomes unbearable and you begin yelling in pain until you are thrown in front of a statue of the Hero "Keji" were you see the mysterious character again. But before you can call for help, you suddenly the noise doubles in strength which causes you to fall to your knees and pant. You begin feeling a rush of emotion surging through you urging you to explode with different feelings images of your dead mom and friends you just want it to all end but you can't make it go away so you open your mouth and begin yelling louder and louder and louder until suddenly your body projects huge spikes that begin fluctuating and causes you unimaginable pain as they stretch your body to its limits and then suddenly you let out a final yell and out pops a boy with a green shirt and the same pants and shoes that looks just like you.

Intro "Courage" one of your many emotion based weapons when you feel helpless he emergess to vanquish all surrounding foes with his bontosai a mighty amazing Gigantic Longsword with a bell tied to the handle.

As you silence your screams to look up at him he dashes forward at the shadows and begins slicing and hacking away mercilessly until the noise is gone and he returns to stand in front of you he smiles then helps you up and fades to smoke that you then breath into your body involuntarily. Shocked by this you remain silent staring with tears in your eyes from the yelling. the shadowy figure approaches you and begins to instruct you of the great power you have obtained and points to the scar on your chest. Explaining that as the shard fused with your body it gave you the ability to project your emotion into aggression and attack with it she pints to the ground showing you that you are now also casting two shadows as you progress on revealing new "emotion warriors" your body will gain a new shadow showing there presence has been made within your limits.

From there she tells you the tale of the monster that attacked your village in order to steal the "soul shadows" of its victims to feed it's insatiable appetite. From there you know what must be done....

Walk the path of Rage....to get revenge....is all you feel.....

The other emotion chracters are:

Anger-Red

sadness:-Blue

Happiness-Pink

Loneliness:-grey

Hatred-Black

Curiosity-Orange

Courage-Green

Empathy-Yellow

Calmness-Purple

Each emotion baring it's own weapon and specific skill not all are for attacking some are for defense and others give you supernatural ability's (speed, strength, flight, telekinesis)

In the game you will also have to make choices. To save people or fulfill your only selfish desires. Some will yield in nothing but helping others while some will yield rewards in return. And likewise for negative deeds. Were some must die for your cause.

That's all i'll disclose in this thread about the game if you'd like though I was thinking of finishing the story line out as a book in the forums. I would type up the adventures he would go through and more on the "Emotion Warriors" as well as a few artist renderings of the characters.

Let me hear a few comments on this before hand and I may just do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom