• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

Lately I've been watching Death Note (subbed, of course. :) ). I usually don't watch mainstream, but DN is probably the best mainstream I've seen. I'm about half-way through.
Death Note is awesome. I have a few issues with it, but other than that, I find it a very good series.

Hylian Hobbit said:
I recently started watching random anime that I could find. I've been pretty bored lately. I started: Inuyasha, Chrome Shelled Regions, and Soul Eater. Inuyasha is better than I thought it'd be, CSR ain't too bad, and I can't really get into Soul Eater. It's too weird, crazy, and perverse for my tastes. Strangest anime I've ever seen.
Oh really? I had been a little interested in Soul Eater before, but I didn't know much about it. Now I'm not so sure I want to see it.

Kazumi

chagy
Wow, I thought I posted here.

OK, I also like to stay away from mainstream, but it's really personally opinion on what's mainstream or what's not. Anyway, I always watch my anime Sub, I really hate Dubbed. It just doesn't feel originally, and I know Moosh and I really like Sub. I listen to English enough already, so it's nice to here another language. And some anime, like Sailor Moon, the Dubbed version is quite different from the originally.

Anyway the Sub-Dub fight could go on for forever, so... My favourite anime of all time is Lucky Star, I also watch the Kirby anime and Sailor Moon. I also watch Bleach and Naruto from time to time, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of them. I know that Moosh really likes Kirby also, so it's cool to talk about it with her.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Death Note is awesome. I have a few issues with it, but other than that, I find it a very good series.

Oh really? I had been a little interested in Soul Eater before, but I didn't know much about it. Now I'm not so sure I want to see it.

Yeah, I was kinda the same way before I watched it. I had heard a lot of good stuff about it, so I figured I'd give it a try. But I stopped after the first episode. It just didn't seem worth it.

linkman8

True and Noble
My favourite anime of all time is Lucky Star
Yes! Another Lucky Star fan. Our numbers are spreading. >=D
It would seem that I have sort of ranged tastes sometimes. I mean, I like shows like Death Note, where it's a bit serious and has a high level of intelligence and deductive reasoning in it, and then I can enjoy random shows like Lucky Star, which are much more upbeat. Anyone else notice that about themselves?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
didn't posted for a long time here so, i finished watching:
Haibane Renmei
Prism Ark
Macademi Wasshoi!
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Tactical Roar
Kemeko Deluxe!
Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica
Basilisk - Kouga Ninpou Chou
Mahō Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora
Kimi ga Aruji de ****suji ga Ore de
The Telepathy Girl Ran
Chrono Crusade
School Rumble
School Rumble Nigakki
Kannazuki no Miko
Mahoraba ~Heartful days~
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Akikan!
Gundam 00 Second Season
Asu no Yoichi!

Yes most of the ungoing animes are reaching its end.
So linkman8, Toradora is also almost finished, just one more episode to go.

linkman8

True and Noble
didn't posted for a long time here so, i finished watching:
Haibane Renmei
Prism Ark
Macademi Wasshoi!
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Tactical Roar
Kemeko Deluxe!
Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica
Basilisk - Kouga Ninpou Chou
Mahō Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora
Kimi ga Aruji de ****suji ga Ore de
The Telepathy Girl Ran
Chrono Crusade
School Rumble
School Rumble Nigakki
Kannazuki no Miko
Mahoraba ~Heartful days~
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Akikan!
Gundam 00 Second Season
Asu no Yoichi!

Yes most of the ungoing animes are reaching its end.
So linkman8, Toradora is also almost finished, just one more episode to go.
Alright, cool. I'll have to check it out sometime in the near future.
Oh, and you saw Mahoraba also? I watched that sometime early last year I think. It was a nice break from all the depressing shows I've seen. I quite liked Mahoraba to be honest.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Alright, cool. I'll have to check it out sometime in the near future.
Oh, and you saw Mahoraba also? I watched that sometime early last year I think. It was a nice break from all the depressing shows I've seen. I quite liked Mahoraba to be honest.

You know, as i read back the titles you watched, you have a taste for particular genres havn't you?
My guess would be: Comedy, School Life, Slice of Life, Drama, Romance and sometimes Action.

For me, well i watch all kinda genres but my fave genres is the one i mentioned before.
But the genres i avoid are Yaoi and Yuri. -.- i guess some people like to watch that stuff, for me...no way!

linkman8

True and Noble
You know, as i read back the titles you watched, you have a taste for particular genres havn't you?
My guess would be: Comedy, School Life, Slice of Life, Drama, Romance and sometimes Action.

For me, well i watch all kinda genres but my fave genres is the one i mentioned before.
But the genres i avoid are Yaoi and Yuri. -.- i guess some people like to watch that stuff, for me...no way!

Ha, I guess it would seem I do have a certain genre, huh? You pretty much hit the nail right on the head. I do tend to like the average schooldays, romance, and drama stuff. I also like fantasy though. You see, I like action as much as other people do, just not a whole lot of it.
I think you'll watch pretty much anything. You're pretty open-minded towards anime, I think. And I agree with you on your last point. NO Yuri/Yaoi. :)
And as a report, I started Toradora, and I'm on like episode 9 now. Great show, it's pretty funny.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Ha, I guess it would seem I do have a certain genre, huh? You pretty much hit the nail right on the head. I do tend to like the average schooldays, romance, and drama stuff. I also like fantasy though. You see, I like action as much as other people do, just not a whole lot of it.
I think you'll watch pretty much anything. You're pretty open-minded towards anime, I think. And I agree with you on your last point. NO Yuri/Yaoi. :)
And as a report, I started Toradora, and I'm on like episode 9 now. Great show, it's pretty funny.

Well, my first choice of genres would be the same as you. But i watched a lot of anime with those genres, so watching them in a row can become boring. Thats why i also try watching other genres.

Basicly, i google (redirected to either animesnetwork or wikipedia)
the title first before it watch them first. So that i can have an idea if its a title of worth watching.

linkman8

True and Noble
That makes sense. When I want to watch a new show, sometimes I look up a specific seiyuu (that is, if I really liked that person) and whatever show they've done, I watch. Note that's not always the way I watch anime, but that's what I do once in a while.
Other times I search by genre, or I go to sites like animeplanet and look at my favorite anime, and then it'll tell me what shows I might like that are similar.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Has anyone seen the first episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood yet? Man, one episode, and it's already exciting. Though it looks like they'll be doing a bit of a backstory in the next episode, and so on.

F

FalseDestiny

I saw it today and it was awesome. I can't wait for the next episode to come out. This FMA should be just as great as the original.

All of the anime I've watched:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan
Romeo X Juliet (I found this while searching for Romeo and Juliet manga... I was studying Romeo and Juliet at school)
Well, I read manga more than watching anime...
I'm reading One Piece right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom