• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Cutscene!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I adore the part where Link is finally able to reunite with Zelda. It has to be my favorite out of the series, because of how it was presented and how smoothly it flowed on. At last I found out her purpose in moving to all three sacred springs beyond their Temples, while escaping Ghirahim and his forces. And right after that, when she sealed herself in the crystal, that's when the twinge of sorrow hit me. The near horror Link expressed as he pushed against the barrier, hoping to shatter it, moved me more than any other moment in gaming that I can recall.

Last edited:
E

eggplante

I almost cried at the first scene in this video. It's so beautiful, and the juxtaposition of how incredibly happy and bright the scene is and how it changes so rapidly is incredible. There is so much heart in this scene, and this is the first time I really felt in a Zelda game. I mean, sure, other games had their moments, but this one had the child-like purity, the worry, the beautiful friendship, everything to make it an incredible scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much praise for Groose here. :embarrassed:

My personal favorite cutscene was the one seen after completing the Lanayru Mining Facility. Zelda's beautiful voice rang off from the other side of the bridge and you could just see the end in sight (though it being the Zelda series, the player should logically have known a plot twist was in the cards :P). Ghirahim revealed his true dedication in reviving Demise and Link and Zelda their strong passions for each other. The breaking of that wall by Ghirahim and his impediments to stop Link from interfering were truly masterful and Ghirahim and Impa provided some of the best voice acting in series history right then and there. The all-important harp was also handed to Link during this scene. Best of all, however, was when Link lunged at Ghirahim and the Demon Lord's skillful evasion of the attack. The scenes near the end of the game in the Sealed Grounds come in a close second.

How about when you face Ghirahim and he begins talking about his fabulous phisque? That just made me lol.

Night Owl

~Momentai
My personal favorite cutscene was the one seen after completing the Lanayru Mining Facility. Zelda's beautiful voice rang off from the other side of the bridge and you could just see the end in sight (though it being the Zelda series, the player should logically have known a plot twist was in the cards :P). Ghirahim revealed his true dedication in reviving Demise and Link and Zelda their strong passions for each other. The breaking of that wall by Ghirahim and his impediments to stop Link from interfering were truly masterful and Ghirahim and Impa provided some of the best voice acting in series history right then and there. The all-important harp was also handed to Link during this scene. Best of all, however, was when Link lunged at Ghirahim and the Demon Lord's skillful evasion of the attack. The scenes near the end of the game in the Sealed Grounds come in a close second.

I think you just named my favorite scene, My favorite part of it is when you choose "Am I late?"

What she replies is kinda funny.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Ghirahim just outside the first gate of time and then near the end of the game where he does some freaky dances to revive demise before you commence the wholesale slaughter of his minions

L

LinksDestiny

Definitely when Groose skydives on Link. I also liked when Ghirahim insulted Groose's hair. Lol so funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom