• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess: Gamecube or Wii

Z

Zelant

Thats what i was trying to figure out last week. I have both versions but i went with the Gamecube one because of the non mirrored world, left handed Link and less frustrating controls.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I would lean toward to Wii version simply because it did give somewhat of motion controls even though Link did not follow your movements. But it did make me fell a bit more in the game than button mashing.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i've not played the GC version but i have the Wii version and, after playing that, i very much doubt i would prefer the GC version

H

HippyBoJangles

I personally bought it for GC when it came out, just because I prefer an original game playing style than the modern motion control experience.
personal preference really, but I have just purchased a Wii and I have in fact bought TP and I am quite excited to see any game play differences in feel and control!

Kazumi

chagy
I suppose I would prefer the GameCube version, as it had a traditional control scheme that at the time I found easier to use. The Wii version had a very basic waggle-based control system, that really didn't do anything to improve my experience. I addition to this, as far as I could tell there was no way to do a charged up spin attack on the Wii version, where as on the GameCube version you could simply hold down the B button, like you could in previous games.

However, they really aren't very different. It doesn't matter that much to me.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
The only way that i like the wii version better is that when you side jump you can slash in midair. other than that, i like the GC better. maybe it's just that i played that version first. I had finished the GC before i even bought the wii version.

I only have the Wii version and liked the somewhat motion controls, but I think I might like the GC version if I were to play it...part of that may be the left-handed thing. I'm left-handed so yes, I am a little biased.

MW7

I originally chose the Gamecube version so I'll stick with that. I've been tempted to buy the wii version now that it's cheaper, but I doubt I will. My original choice had mostly to do with control preference.

H

Hughes

ill answer your question with a question. how big of a zelda fan are you? in all honesty when i heard that you were right handed in the wii version i bought the gamecube version. it takes away from the original character to change a detail like that.

ill answer your question with a question. how big of a zelda fan are you? in all honesty when i heard that you were right handed in the wii version i bought the gamecube version. it takes away from the original character to change a detail like that.

It's funny that you mention that, because according to Hyrule Historia, Link was originally conceived as being a right-handed character before he was changed to a lefty.

I prefer the GameCube version myself, but that's has nothing to do with Link being a lefty. TP was originally made as a GameCube game, and I wasn't really that impressed with the controls of the Wii version. TP Wii has nothing on SS's controls anyway in my opinion. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom