• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Legend of Zelda Elaborating on the Ocarina?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Do you feel that the Legend of Zelda should elaborate on the creation of the Ocarina of Time in the up-coming games? We do not exactly have a good idea on where the Ocarina of Time came from or why it was made.

(Correct me if I am wrong)

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
This actually seems like a great idea. I mean, they did mentions hat it's a royal heirloom, but still, that isn't enough. Maybe it's hylia's, like the goddess harp.

It was more than likely created by the three goddeses and given to the Royal Family. The only way the creation of the Ocarina of Time could get elaborated on is if Nintendo made a sequel to Ocarina of Time because the only games that the Ocarina is in is Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time (correct me if I'm wrong). An explanation in another game means that that game has to have some connection to Ocarina of Time (I wouldn't say Majoras Mask because that took place in a supposable alternate universe or something) to justify why they're explaining it. Therefore, it would more than likely be directly related to Ocarina of Time, like the creation of the Master Sword was explained in SS and SS is a preuel to OoT.

So yes, that would be cool. I'm all up for another sequel to Ocarina of Time.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I'm actually fairly tired of Ocarina of Time being constantly revisited. WW was enough, past then it should have been forgotten. finding the connections can be fun, but it's got to a point now where it's just expected that there will be something in there talking about OoT. Time to move on guys.

As for The Ocarina, I think MM made a fairly good point about it. By playing the song of time we were told that The 'Goddess of Time' was manipulating the timeflow. This may well be it's origins. The GoT created it. Or because it is so heavily linked with the Temple of Time perhaps it was created during the temples construction by the people who built it. But, we are only left with assumptions as usual. There's nothing concrete to prove how it came about.

..... What? The Ocarina of Time was used in three games. In a link to the past, you barely even use it. You don't really KNOW where it came from, so what are you even talking about? Zelda already had it and she gave it to Link. You can only speculate that the God's created the Ocarina of Time. I'm asking if the new Zelda games should show the history of the Ocarina of Time(instrument).

MW7

I would definitely like to see the Ocarina of Time again in a game. I really like how the instrument was used in its respective games and would love to see it again. I think they could probably fit it into a sequel to Skyward Sword if they choose to do so. Plus I think you're right that there isn't really any reference to the origin of the OOT (I'm not sure though).

The Ocarina of Time was used in three games. In a link to the past, you barely even use it.

The thing in A Link to the Past isn't the Ocarina of Time, it was just a flute. Just like the one in Link's Awakening, and the ones in the first two games. Just a magic little flute, likely connected in no way to the Ocarina of Time. I also would rather Nintendo not make a game explaining the origin of the Ocarina, but that's only because I don't care at all about how it was created. You use it in a couple of games, it does stuff, end of story (as far as I'm concerned).

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
The thing in A Link to the Past isn't the Ocarina of Time, it was just a flute. Just like the one in Link's Awakening, and the ones in the first two games. Just a magic little flute, likely connected in no way to the Ocarina of Time. I also would rather Nintendo not make a game explaining the origin of the Ocarina, but that's only because I don't care at all about how it was created. You use it in a couple of games, it does stuff, end of story (as far as I'm concerned).

I was actually thinking whether the flute in A link to the past was the Ocarina or just a flute that inspired the Ocarina of Time..

I was actually thinking whether the flute in A link to the past was the Ocarina or just a flute that inspired the Ocarina of Time..

I'm pretty sure the Ocarina of Time is just the evolution of an already present piece of gameplay. If you look back, the flute or some variation thereof was present in each of the first six Zelda games (eight if you count Moosh's horn), so I think it would be safe to assume that the flutes that had already been present were all the inspiration behind the Ocarina of Time.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
No NO no no. I would never want a sequal to OoT. If that happens, Im gonna be pissed. Theres no need for a sequel top a game in a series. Also, I agree with BlueReptile, the GOddess of Time most ;likely made it and gave it to the royal family for protection until the hero of time received it.

Ocarina of Time was an amazing game, with a very cool instrument, but it has already been in two (three?) games, and while I do enjoy re-visits sometimes, I could go without seeing the ocarina again. If any instruments were revisiten, I would like the harp from SS to be revisited and have it be less finicky.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would hope that they would, but seeing as how this game came out 13 years ago, then I highly doubt it. If anything, they would elaborate more on Skward Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom