• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Mario Platformer

Fav. Platformer?

• Donkey Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey Kong 2

• Donkey Kong 3

• Mario Bros.

• Super Mario Bros.

• Super Mario Bros. 2 (American/European Version)

• Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese Version)

• Super Mario Bros. 3

• Super Mario World

• Super Mario World 2

• Super Mario 64

• Super Mario Sunshine

• New Super Mario Bros.

• Super Mario Galaxy

• Super Mario 64 DS

• New Super Mario Bros. Wii

• Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Hotel Mario

• Super Mario 3D Land

• Total voters
Super Mario 64 DS is my favorite,it such a good remake,more stages,more star and playing SM64 with Wario is just awsome.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
You forgot the most recent-Super Mario 3D Land. :kawaii:

But the most engaging and fun filled Mario platformer is clearly Super Mario World! Great world map, boss battles, and overall variety!

Yes, I know, StarBound already called me out on that, and it won't allow me to edit the poll. Sorry.

LOL Hotel mario!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt that the CD-i outscast deserved a little love. The only way it would be voted on is if someone meant it as a joke though...

MW7

The only thing I really don't get is why Super Mario Galaxy 1 isn't anyone's favorite. Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 that much better? I mean I'm just surprised it hasn't gotten a single vote (actually I'm surprised SMB 1 hasn't gotten one either).

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
The only thing I really don't get is why Super Mario Galaxy 1 isn't anyone's favorite. Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 that much better? I mean I'm just surprised it hasn't gotten a single vote (actually I'm surprised SMB 1 hasn't gotten one either).

Yeah, same here, both of those are amazing, legendary games.

I prefer the first Galaxy game over the second one. i know that galaxy 2 was better then it's original, and it had better level design, looks and power-ups, and was overall a better game, but it just didn't give my that "OMFG I'm a flying plumber in space!!" feeling that the original had.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
SMB 3 is and always will be my favorite platformer in the series. To me, nothing comes close to it; there's just something magical about that game.
As much as I hate to admit it, I can't even get into the newer titles.

Oh, that's a hard one. Mario, being my third favorite series (behind Zelda and Paper Mario (if you can consider it a sub-series)), is consistently great, but I would have to go with Super Mario Galaxy 2. The game had a lot to live up to, and it delivered. I love all the gameplay mechanics with the Galaxy series, and I hope to see another one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
At this point it's a tossup between SMW, SMW2, SM64, SMS and SM3DLand. Too many Super Marios to deal with, and they're ALL interesting and memorable!

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I am going to have to go with Super Mario 64. Personally I think it has the best levels, it is a classic, and it has the best music. Plus the whole save Princess Peach thing wasn't as unoriginal as it is in today's Mario games.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
There are many many many Mario Platformers I love, and it was a hard decison to make, but in the end I have to go with Super Mario 64.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I guess my favorites go like this...

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Sunshine
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros.

Both Super Mario Galaxy games were equally fun and addicting. I really enjoyed the graphical style and the amazing gameplay of those games. It also had some of the best music in the Mario series. Then there's Super Mario Bros. 3. A pure classic that set the standard for Mario games. The music was fantastic and the levels were great. It also had some of the best abilities in Mario history. Super Mario 3D Land is fun and all, but just sorta lacks in musical variety and themes. The gameplay is just as good as any Mario game and the levels are great. Super Mario 3D Land is just a great tribute to the Mario series but fails when it comes to abilities (They seriously overdid it with the Tanooki stuff...). I guess it's not the best Mario game, but it's up there. After that I'd say the New Super Mario Bros. games and Super Mario Sunshine. The NSM games were fun and a perfect throwback to the 2D Mario games while keeping it well, New. And I can't really say much for Sunshine since I haven't really played through it beginning to end. Although it did have a perfect atmosphere and some damn good music. Everything about Sunshine was new and refreshing. I also wish more Mario games had a deep of a story as Sunshine.

I guess my favorites go like this...

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Sunshine
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros.

Both Super Mario Galaxy games were equally fun and addicting. I really enjoyed the graphical style and the amazing gameplay of those games. It also had some of the best music in the Mario series. Then there's Super Mario Bros. 3. A pure classic that set the standard for Mario games. The music was fantastic and the levels were great. It also had some of the best abilities in Mario history. Super Mario 3D Land is fun and all, but just sorta lacks in musical variety and themes. The gameplay is just as good as any Mario game and the levels are great. Super Mario 3D Land is just a great tribute to the Mario series but fails when it comes to abilities (They seriously overdid it with the Tanooki stuff...). I guess it's not the best Mario game, but it's up there. After that I'd say the New Super Mario Bros. games and Super Mario Sunshine. The NSM games were fun and a perfect throwback to the 2D Mario games while keeping it well, New. And I can't really say much for Sunshine since I haven't really played through it beginning to end. Although it did have a perfect atmosphere and some damn good music. Everything about Sunshine was new and refreshing. I also wish more Mario games had a deep of a story as Sunshine.

I endorse all of your choices but why no Super Mario World? :kawaii:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I endorse all of your choices but why no Super Mario World? :kawaii:

LOL! Well, I can't really say much for Super Mario World since I haven't really spent much time with it. I mean, at one point when I was younger I played the hell out of it but it has just faded away with my thoughts and whatnot. I'm sure it's an amazing game, a step up from Super Mario Bros. 3 (which is a lot to live up to) but I just don't really remember it. What I do remember the most from that game was the music, which by the way I really enjoyed. I'm planning on getting Super Mario World on the Virtual Console soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom